The running game thread

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I'm not sure what people want to see at the moment, to be honest. We're fielding a backup QB, a backup RB and a host of backup WRs.

Last year's offense was fueled by a great offensive line, a great QB to direct it all, a great WR to scare defenses into keeping a high safety, and a great RB that dared them to bring an 8th man in the box.

The line remains, but literally every other component is gone.

I can't say I find the results shocking.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The lack of running game and/or running game plan(aka abandoning run).. Leaves things up to Garrett just like prior to last season.

Demarco Murray masked Garret's hc'ing warts.

Warts are spreading.... Again.

Aven8

Reaction score
Like my Randle thread last week, he's still nothing but a complimentary back. He if he jumps over the pile again I would kick him off this team! Notice he didn't play much after that.

Dmac sucks. Plain and simple. Paycheck eater,

Nice pressure on Cmike, putting him in on 3rd and 1, out of nowhere, and then never giving him the ball again, while Dmac is smashing into the rookie LB and looking weak!

And Dunbar, sucks for him, but he never should have taken it out.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
For the four teams we've played, Randle and McFadden would not make any those teams and Dunbar would almost never see the field. Why do our RBs look like WRs and everyone else's RBs look like RBs?

Ours - narrow waisted, upright runners that go down on first contact, physically overmatched wimps.

Theirs - squatty, powerful builds, runs through contact, shakes off arm tackles, physically aggressive, runs low with power and velocity.

It's like nobody in our front office has seen a RB for the past 25 years. Every single team looks for an entirely different athlete at RB than Dallas.