The Saints might have revenge on their minds

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember that preseason game in Louisiana? We clobbered them mercilessly on national TV with a pro-Cowboy audience in their home state. Even with all the Katrina sentiment, we punked them. Yes, it was only a preseason game, but the Saints had their pride hurt that night. Even Reggie Bush was stifled into a non-factor.

Now here we are, both teams 8-4 with playoff and bye week aspirations. Here's Sean Payton and Gary Gibbs with Bush, Drew Brees and their cast of Cowboys castoffs. I know they want revenge for what was a meaningless preseason game to the Cowboys.

I just hope the Cowboys are up to the challenge. The Giants game was such an emotional event. The Cowboys need to come back down to Earth and win the next biggest game of the season.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
My main concern is what does (if anything) Sean have in store for us... he knows us pretty well... it may be nothing... but that is my concern

I think Romo will show Sean that Sean did good in giving him a chance in Dallas.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
I'm not worried about the familiarity factor.

The bottom line is that the Saints players have to execute whatever Payton tells them. Sean isn't playing.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The good thing is we are also familiar with what Payton and Gibbs do, so in a sense that sort of levels the playing field, but we'll see. I'd really hate to lose to a team with our former coaches and former players. I feel like we should show them who their daddy is.

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
YoMick;1210553 said:
My main concern is what does (if anything) Sean have in store for us... he knows us pretty well... it may be nothing... but that is my concern

I think Romo will show Sean that Sean did good in giving him a chance in Dallas.

Why are Dallas fans worried about preseason. The Raiders were 4-1. Enough said.

I think you could have hit the wild card in that Peyton knows Dallas very well. Our Dallas "B" team might just have your number. We'll see.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1210542 said:
Remember that preseason game in Louisiana? We clobbered them mercilessly on national TV with a pro-Cowboy audience in their home state. Even with all the Katrina sentiment, we punked them. Yes, it was only a preseason game, but the Saints had their pride hurt that night. Even Reggie Bush was stifled into a non-factor.

Now here we are, both teams 8-4 with playoff and bye week aspirations. Here's Sean Payton and Gary Gibbs with Bush, Drew Brees and their cast of Cowboys castoffs. I know they want revenge for what was a meaningless preseason game to the Cowboys.

I just hope the Cowboys are up to the challenge. The Giants game was such an emotional event. The Cowboys need to come back down to Earth and win the next biggest game of the season.

I don't think revenge plays a part. It was a pre-season game nothing more than that. I would agree this is a big game for both teams to show who is the best.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
If the Saints are looking at a preseason game for motivation they are already in trouble.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210562 said:
Why are Dallas fans worried about preseason. The Raiders were 4-1. Enough said.

I think you could have hit the wild card in that Peyton knows Dallas very well. Our Dallas "B" team might just have your number. We'll see.

Parcells trumps Payton, as he knows Payton very well. He sat in meetings with Payton for 3 years while Payton would gameplan for opponents.

The familiarity factor in this game means nothing.

superpunk

Reaction score
I would think the fact that players who couldn't make the Cowboys on defense are starters and significant contributors to the Saints D would clue them in to the talent disparity on the respective units. New Orleans could win - but they better bring the big guns, cuz it's gonna have to be a shootout.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Tuna Helper;1210557 said:

The bottom line is that the Saints players have to execute whatever Payton tells them. Sean isn't playing.
Honestly, who in this league outside of the organization knows Tony Romo better than Sean Peyton?

One advantage we have is that Zimm knows Peyton's offense. Now, let's hope the defense can execute.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1210542 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing: http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v22/pfjunkie/Football/Saints-Cowboys.jpg

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Gruden won his SB solely on familiarity.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1210561 said:
The good thing is we are also familiar with what Payton and Gibbs do, so in a sense that sort of levels the playing field, but we'll see. I'd really hate to lose to a team with our former coaches and former players. I feel like we should show them who their daddy is.

Like I have mentioned earlier, we need to really key in on screen plays to Reggie Bush. Tiki and Brandon Jacobs executed those plays against us for big gains last Sunday.

We cannot afford to let Reggie run wild when the screen play is called.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Parcells is the teacher, Payton the student. There is no way Payton learned everything from Parcells and there is no way they are more talented than Dallas.

And we're home!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Bryan8284;1210681 said:
Parcells is the teacher, Payton the student. There is no way Payton learned everything from Parcells and there is no way they are more talented than Dallas.

And we're home!

Payton may have learned alot of Parcells but I doubt Parcells taught him everything he knows. That would take a lot longer than Payton was here.

superpunk

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1210818 said:
Payton may have learned alot of Parcells but I doubt Parcells taught him everything he knows. That would take a lot longer than Payton was here.
Didn't you ever see Malcolm in the Middle?;)

Payton is hella-smart. Don't underestimate him.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
YoMick;1210553 said:

I can forsee new orleans attacking henry repeatedly. Payton knows he does not run well and the safety help is poor on his side. So I look for lots of deep shots to henry's side.

Now the flip side to that is I am not sure they can protect brees long enough to throw deep.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Right. These are 2 entirely different teams than those in the preseason. Both playing at levels not expected. Well, Dallas is, but with a different QB.