THE SCARIEST Answer Mick Gave was the last one

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Alexander said:
All of the college coaches being linked to us scare me (except Weis).

Tuberville, Houston Nutt, Les Miles-- :eek:

I would take Mike Zimmer in an instant over any of them.

Les is an old cowboy coach he coached TE's and has done a great job earning his way up he has coached in the Pro's before

His teams play tough and smart he got more out of OSU then I thought he ever would.

Heck he beat the Okies more times than Mack Brown and he had 1/2 the talent Mack did :eek:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Les is an old cowboy coach he coached TE's and has done a great job earning his way up he has coached in the Pro's before

His teams play tough and smart he got more out of OSU then I thought he ever would.

Heck he beat the Okies more times than Mack Brown and he had 1/2 the talent Mack did :eek:

I remember Les when he was here and he did an okay job. And he did well at Oklahoma State considering he had little to compete with the Sooners in-state.

That doesn't mean I want him to be a head coach for us.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Eddie said:
F the 3-4.

The new head coach will decide which defense he prefers ... NOT Jerry Jones.

yeah, and scrap possibly 5 years of putting together the roster to support the 3-4...yeah, ok

Doomsday101

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
yeah, and scrap possibly 5 years of putting together the roster to support the 3-4...yeah, ok

I agree. As I said before I think the next HC will come with a lot of input from Parcells. I don't see Dallas working this hard to put together the 3-4 only to turn around and ditch it in a year or 2.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I agree. As I said before I think the next HC will come with a lot of input from Parcells. I don't see Dallas working this hard to put together the 3-4 only to turn around and ditch it in a year or 2.

I see the next coach being, yes, some on here will hate it, but Mike Zimmer, maybe even Chris Palmer *shudders*, but Bill does bring in people he's worked with who he'll someday hand the HC job to

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
sacase said:
Do you ever have anything positive to say? I mean I have noticed that since the draft you have been acting like the girlfriend who got dumped for a model. Or I may be wrong and you have always been like that or do you just not like BP, TO and JJ?

I've noticed that Edward is not the same jovial self he was at the dallas.com forum a few years back. He is always negative these days.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
mschmidt64 said:
Ware isn't too small for DE.

He's 250+.

He's the same size as Jason Taylor, John Abraham, and any number of other good DE's around the league. When you combine in the amazing depth we'll have, you'll get to give him some breathers, and he'd be fine playing a lot of snaps there.

Spears is a natural 4-3 DT, he's just like Kevin Williams of the Vikings. Spears doesn't have the low base to play NT but he'd be fine as a 1-gap DT. Ferguson played almost his whole career as the 2-gap DT in a 4-3 so he's fine there, plus Thomas Johnson and Jay Ratliff are both quality DTs, as is Montavious Stanley. These guys didn't come from 3-4 programs in college, they were 4-3 DTs.

Then we can line up Canty on the other side with Hatcher spelling both him and Ware. Canty would be fine as a 4-3 DE. He's not too much of a pass rusher in that scheme but he's certainly not gonna struggle.

At LB, Ayodele goes back to playing WOLB like he did in Jax, I don't see how you can say he doesn't have a position. And, he can spell Ware in certain situations, too, cause he's played 4-3 DE before. Bradie James can stay inside as he's shown he is pretty solid there. Bobby Carpenter is the SOLB, we know he has the agility to do that.

OH -- and I've totally forgotten... we've still got Ellis.

So your defense looks like this:

Ware/Hatcher/Ayodele
Ferguson/Johnson
Spears/Ratliff
Ellis/Canty

Ayodele/Burnett
James/Fowler/Parham/Shanle
Carpenter/Singleton

That defense is just fine.

That is what is so great about the pieces we have acquired. They are fine for either. Ware is the real lynchpin.

You put him on the ground and move everyone over and you've got a 4-3. You stand him back up and slide everyone back and you are running the 3-4.

The defenses aren't "the same," just like that, obviously, the responsibilities are much different, but these guys have the abilities to handle either set of responsibilities.

That being said, I agree, I like the diversity the 3-4 offers us. I think Spears is a BETTER fit as a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DT. I think Canty is a better fit as a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DE.

Ware... eh... I think he could be great at either. As could Carpenter.

But I don't think we would have any trouble pulling off a top-5 defense with a move back to the 4-3, either.

I think you will see elements of both this year, with the same players playing in both defenses.

great points, but the versatility our defenders possess between the 2 schemse is so that we can run the 3-4 as our base, and the 4-3 as our nickel, but they're more geared to playing in the 3-4, and as Jerry said once the switch was made to the 3-4, there's no going back for a long, long time, and yes Eddie, the coach has the final say on what scheme is being run, but we'll be more than likely bringing in a coach who knows how to run the 34, but I feel Zimmer is next in line for our HC job, and he's completely versed himself in the 3-4

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Eddie said:
F the 3-4.

The new head coach will decide which defense he prefers ... NOT Jerry Jones.
Heck no, we just spent four seasons drafting the players to fit Bill's system, and they are all young, talented players. Jerry shouldn't call the shots once the coach is here, but he sure as heck can get a coach here who runs a similar system. Anything else will be starting over, and no one here wants to do that.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:

I agree...When BP left the jests, it was all worked out that Belicheck was SUPPOSED to take the reigns...I can't see BP doing any less for the BOYS!

dwmyers

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Fair enough - I see your points. But Ayodele was apparently not good weakside in Jax, and for the 4-3 - that DT lineup looks terrible to me.

It's a pretty good 4-3, better than any we had while Campo was head coaching. Certainly by the end of the Campo era, there were serious size problems on the defense. Some of the backup defensive ends were in the 235 pound range, and all of them were 7th round to undrafted projects. We're not filling holes with the Dimitrius Underwoods of this world either.

This defense was designed to be base 3-4 but it can easily play both. As far as DT/NT goes, we'll be thin in either the 3-4 or the 4-3 unless Stanley and "Pepper" Johnson steps up.

Hell, last year we beat the Eagles with a 4-2. At least now we can make people guess as to what we might play.

David.

:starspin

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Alexander said:
All of the college coaches being linked to us scare me (except Weis).

Tuberville, Houston Nutt, Les Miles-- :eek:

I would take Mike Zimmer in an instant over any of them.

Let's all hope that Nutt doesn't take an NFL job until the Razorbacks win a national championship. :D

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Maybe after seeing how this D is gunna be stout, Jones figures with el dorado here, any of 500 QBs could be HOF with this team. So his next coach will be a puppet and Jones will go back to pulling the strings, ala the switzer,campo, gailey (SCG) era. Hes gained enough confidence again now to be the man after seeing how Bill did it. Hes ready for round II, are you?

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Tuberville isn't far-fetched.

He's actually part of the Jimmy Johnson coaching tree and a longtime friend of Jerry's.

He was mentioned as a candidate when it was apparent that the Campo ship was sinking (after Year One, I believe).