READ IT The Sean Payton might one day coach the Cowboys Mega Rumor Thread

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course there is no factual source to this rumor, but many fans want it to happen and the media is so desperate for followers, readers, listeners, viewers, etc. that they create and perpetuate rumors and users here keep posting those rumors, so here we are ..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I had heard that Payton may have some kind of clause that since ownership changed (Benson died), that he may have an out. I've heard that from two (2) different sources now. BTW, I didn't really lose sleep....but DID have a hard time getting to sleep thinking about it.

[original thread got bounced, so I'm putting this here]
I saw an article on it and mentioned it a couple of times here. Maybe FakeNews from me.

I tried looking to confirm. My best estimate is that this was an issue prior to Payton's new contract in 2016, but he's now under contract to the Saints, and we'd have to give up something for him, although word also is that Saints management would be accommodating toward Payton, given what he's done for the franchise.

But really, nothing more valuable than an elite coach. And Payton seemed instrumental in both Tony's and Brees' development.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
So with Drew Brees the last 2 seasons with a great running game and great defense Sean cant get it done; what do you think he is going to do with Dak a good running game and a great defense?

Im sorry folks but Cowboys fans are so illogical. Why would you want a coach that has more talent were he currently is and cant win it all? Of course all of this is click bait but still.

Fire407

Reaction score
I think it's a long shot, but I hope it happens. The thing that still gives me hope is that JG hasn't been given an extension yet. The thing that takes back the hope is that Jerry is already hiring assistant coaches and I'm sure Sean would want to have some say on who they are.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Of course there is no factual source to this rumor, but since ,many fans want it to happen and the media is so desperate for followers, readers, listeners, viewers, etc. that they create and perpetuate rumors, here we are ..
Copy&Thanks,:thumbup:Bro! ,,,er,,,although, as I'll rest comfortably at nite
( while following my self prescribed inoculation in order to thwart the onset of virulent mindlessness fanciez frenzies) upon those wishful speculative projections of the thus far phantom persons of posted "linked" O.P.'s penned prophecies of frivolous fantasy factualitieso_O

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

Reaction score
So with Drew Brees the last 2 seasons with a great running game and great defense Sean cant get it done; what do you think he is going to do with Dak a good running game and a great defense?

Im sorry folks but Cowboys fans are so illogical. Why would you want a coach that has more talent were he currently is and cant win it all? Of course all of this is click bait but still.
This is an easy one.

Because he's 100 times the coach in place in Dallas.

Too bad it's not going to happen.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Of course there is no factual source to this rumor, but since many fans want it to happen and the media is so desperate for followers, readers, listeners, viewers, etc. that they create and perpetuate rumors and users here keep posting those rumors, here we are ..
Of course there is no factual source to this rumor, but since many fans want it to happen and the media is so desperate for followers, readers, listeners, viewers, etc. that they create and perpetuate rumors and users here keep posting those rumors, here we are ..
Sean will never work for Jed.........never.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:huh:
HYjo7Tz.jpg

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I know that.......not in a HC capacity.

It's a clown show he wants no part of, IMO.
Plus he's signed till 2020 and arguably the richest active NFL HC. Why some of our fanbase keeps making this a topic is beyond comprehension. Peyton is staying put. The dead horse has been beaten to death.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course there is no factual source to this rumor, but many fans want it to happen and the media is so desperate for followers, readers, listeners, viewers, etc. that they create and perpetuate rumors and users here keep posting those rumors, so here we are ..
Payton sucks!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It’s a waste of time. It ain’t happening.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
There looks like there is something going on with Jerry's reluctance to officially name Moore OC and Kitna QB coach. And Garrett being testy at the Senior Bowl. My guess is Jerry will make run on Payton after the Super Bowl. Moore and Kitna will be Plan B if Payton doesn't materialize.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
If Payton is hired, he will certainly hire most of the coaches. He might keep a few like Richard, but a guy with his resume won't come here and let Jerry hire all of his coaches. My guess is most of the current offensive coaches would be let go.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score

Maybe get to the NFC championship at least?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You never know......it's all about timing IMO. But he's one of 3-4 coaches who pretty runs the entire team top to bottom. Why would you walk away from that? I know many have said if he and Brees win another Super Bowl he may wanna move on. To be honest, I'm not I'd want him then. How many coaches have won Super Bowls with two different teams?

Besides, let's give Brees a little credit.