The season is over...

TEUFELI

Reaction score
festus;2364681 said:
crybaby.png

Someone give him a tissue!

Eh.....you dudes are probably right. We are fine. What does every single local and national media member know when they talk about this being a soft heartless team? EVERY ONE!

You fellas just keep keepin on, I'm sure we'll be fine.

Anyone listen to the Hardline yesterday and hear Corby going after the "fan" who called up to reassure Mike and Corby that we are fine? Anyone? It was pretty funny, and is probably pretty appropriate here.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Boysboy;2364534 said:
This season looks very bleak now, I agree.

However-we're not even 1/2 way into it yet. There's still tons of football left, and you just never know. Look at all those teams(not just the Giants, Colts, and Pitt) that turned it around late in the year in the last 3 years. At one pt in the season, they were as good as dead. The next, they looked like big-time contenders.

No-not trying to imply that we fit this bill, but especially considering what happened to a number of teams the last 3 years, there's no reason to give up hope.

Absolutely agree! We have to focus on what we can control which is get Brad Johnson and the rest of the team to turn this around and give leave something for Romo to work with once he gets back. The odds are pretty dim these next 2 games but that's why they play the games and history has proven that. Look at NE Monday night. No Brady and no Maroney. Pumbled the Broncos.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2364697 said:
Absolutely agree! We have to focus on what we can control which is get Brad Johnson and the rest of the team to turn this around and give leave something for Romo to work with once he gets back. The odds are pretty dim these next 2 games but that's why they play the games and history has proven that. Look at NE Monday night. No Brady and no Maroney. Pumbled the Broncos.

LOL - I'll bet Broncos fans are feeling exactly the same way we do now. No defense, have to rely on their offense completely, were incredibly lucky in 2 of their wins, are currently on a slide after their 3-0 start, and Jay Cutler hurt his index finger on his throwing hand last night to boot.

And not to mention too they seem like a dumber team than we are with all their penalties, sloppiness, and poor tackling. I wonder when BSPN will start the "Doom in Denver!" and "Shanahan's days are numbered!" chants?:laugh1:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Boysboy;2364706 said:
LOL - I'll bet Broncos fans are feeling exactly the same way we do now. No defense, have to rely on their offense completely, were incredibly lucky in 2 of their wins, are currently on a slide after their 3-0 start, and Jay Cutler hurt his index finger on his throwing hand last night to boot.

And not to mention too they seem like a dumber team than we are with all their penalties, sloppiness, and poor tackling. I wonder when BSPN will start the "Doom in Denver!" and "Shanahan's days are numbered!" chants?:laugh1:

:D The Bronco fans are obviously much more patient then us. You're right, that team is in total disarray defensively. They even tried to change their scheme to a 3-4. Sammy Morris just swiss cheesed those LB's all night while NE's OL just rolled over Denver's DL. Crazy thing is Matt Light expressed that they believed they could dominate between their tackles and that they were going to forefront the offensive game plan with Sammy Morris up the gut relentlessly and then take the pressure off of Cassel. Boy did the Pats simplify things and did it ever work. I'm hoping we get down to basics like that this week.

festus

It aint no fun when the rabbit got the gun
Reaction score
I wouldn't confuse being a soft team with being an unfocused team. Was it a soft team that played on that Monday night against the Eagles? Things look tough right now, bleak to say the least. As long as they have games to play they have a chance and it looks like they still have nine games ahead of them. This team has lost its focus and its ability to play fundamentally sound football right now.

Brad Johnson isn't Tony Romo but he doesn't have to do it alone either. This team isnt soft or heartless, it's shellshocked due to injuries and distractions and just needs to pull their heads out of a dark place and start getting back to the basics of football and grind out a win. Which I think they will on Sunday.

This team has issues for sure, too many to list. Above all that, it still has the ability to win! The season not over, not yet....

AKATheRake

Reaction score
festus;2364717 said:
I wouldn't confuse being a soft team with being an unfocused team. Was it a soft team that played on that Monday night against the Eagles? Things look tough right now, bleak to say the least. As long as they have games to play they have a chance and it looks like they still have nine games ahead of them. This team has lost its focus and its ability to play fundamentally sound football right now.

Brad Johnson isn't Tony Romo but he doesn't have to do it alone either. This team isnt soft or heartless, it's shellshocked due to injuries and distractions and just needs to pull their heads out of a dark place and start getting back to the basics of football and grind out a win. Which I think they will on Sunday.

This team has issues for sure, too many to list. Above all that, it still has the ability to win! The season not over, not yet....

Definitely all of these media, injury, trade and suspension distractions haven't helped and is getting to this team. Fundamental, back to basics, grinding football is what this team needs to focus on. Like they're saying, simplify things. We need a game where we win the turnover battle and unfortunately Tampa is 2nd in the league in that category.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2364716 said:
:D The Bronco fans are obviously much more patient then us. You're right, that team is in total disarray defensively. They even tried to change their scheme to a 3-4. Sammy Morris just swiss cheesed those LB's all night while NE's OL just rolled over Denver's DL. Crazy thing is Matt Light expressed that they believed they could dominate between their tackles and that they were going to forefront the offensive game plan with Sammy Morris up the gut relentlessly and then take the pressure off of Cassel. Boy did the Pats simplify things and did it ever work. I'm hoping we get down to basics like that this week.

They also made adjustments in calling plays with Moss's route running. Dunno if it was Cassell, or was it mostly plays calling for Moss to go deep all the time(instead of the short/intermediate type)...either way-the results were quite different as he had a very good game for the first time this year.

I hope our coaches adjust TO's playcalling routes as well-I'm getting tired of all those deep routes in double coverage where he's constantly bumped at the LOS.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Boysboy;2364727 said:
They also made adjustments in calling plays with Moss's route running. Dunno if it was Cassell, or was it mostly plays calling for Moss to go deep all the time(instead of the short/intermediate type)...either way-the results were quite different as he had a very good game for the first time this year.

I hope our coaches adjust TO's playcalling routes as well-I'm getting tired of all those deep routes in double coverage where he's constantly bumped at the LOS.

The Moss point is a good one. They were talking about Cassel's arm strength and that eventhough Moss would get open Cassel couldn't get it to him in the prior games. They definitely had Moss running crossing routes with Welker and getting himgoing in the intermediate routes with L patterns in a more West Coast style.

I don't know why T.O hasn't been used in more slant patterns, crossing routes and intermediate routes where he's moved around. This was T.O's bread and butter throughout his career and because he was so successful at it, West Coast, the corners and safeties had to play coser to him and it allowed him to bust those deep routes eventually. T.O's run after the catch ability has not been utilized because of the type of patterns he's had to run.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
bootsy;2364539 said:
Yes we ruined our draft. We have like 11 picks or something like that in next years draft but because we traded one 1st round draft pick our draft is ruined. Please.:bang2:

At least i don't have to watch the first 5 hours this draft............

Undisputed

Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2364441 said:
lol Thats not the attitude that won WWII. Lets see how we do against the Giants. I truly feel like the way we play them in those two games will dictate the outcome of our division. It's just a tad early to be throwing the towel in.

Truth. Was the season over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Nothing is over until WE decide it is. :mad:

Go Cowboys!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Undisputed;2364834 said:
Truth. Was the season over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Nothing is over until WE decide it is. :mad:

Go Cowboys!

please tell me for the love of god your joking :lmao:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Punkabilly56;2364425 said:
Wake up, people. The season is over. Kaput. Fini. There will be no playoffs. Don't even mention Superbowl. Start thinking about the draft.
:(

It's kaputt not kaput.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Wake up, people. The season is over. Kaput. Fini. There will be no playoffs. Don't even mention Superbowl. Start thinking about the draft.

I promise you--it IS NOT over

Reaction score

Thanks for the great post......

These threads can start if we are 4-7... not 4-3...

Chuck 54

Reaction score
So do you usually post in the offseason, or is this the last we'll see from you until next fall?

jimmy40

Reaction score
Hopefully you guys are serious about giving up and we won't have the server be too busy during games anymore.