***The Second Call/NonCall good/bad conspiracy etc thread***merged**

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I like tyke1doe. He really brings some great insight and contemplation and literary sense, to the forum. Hey tyke, don't forget to fill the water bottles.....

Im joking!! I joke....

I'll fill the water bottles. Just don't ask me where I got the water from. ;)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You raise a good point.. I am still pissed about many calls. Calls that seemed more legit. Especially how Dallas got a call their way last week.

I do hope it motivates them. Every player in the locker room knows they got jobbed on that. The Packers fans know it too. But, I think it's just too close to the Lions game when many Cowboys fans were telling Lions fans not whine over a call. Now, here are Cowboys fans doing it..

BUT!!! Deion Sanders STILL PI'd Irvin on the go ahead/game winning TD in the 94' Championship game at Candlestick.. That one still stings.

This one will too. But, it's Tuesday. It's over. LOL..

Did you see on NFL Network after the game how Irvin said that play still bothers him to this day, and he and Deion reenacted the pass interference that wasn't pass interference?

I'm glad Irvin can laugh at it now. Sometimes, you have to do that so it doesn't eat you alive. I'm not going to obsess over this call. It is what it is. It isn't the first call that has gone against us, and it won't be the last.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you see on NFL Network after the game how Irvin said that play still bothers him to this day, and he and Deion reenacted the pass interference that wasn't pass interference?

I'm glad Irvin can laugh at it now. Sometimes, you have to do that so it doesn't eat you alive. I'm not going to obsess over this call. It is what it is. It isn't the first call that has gone against us, and it won't be the last.
Irvin also mentioned he continually wonders if he could have done anything to counter Sanders' interference during that particular play. He is not simply talking about the non-call. He is also haunted by what he did not do, whether it was humanly possible or not, to overcome the non-call.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Irvin also mentioned he continually wonders if he could have done anything to counter Sanders' interference during that particular play. He is not simply talking about the non-call. He is also haunted by what he did not do, whether it was humanly possible or not, to overcome the non-call.

True dat. Thanks for filling in that detail I omitted.

erod

Reaction score
A little diddy for you grassy knollers out there.

So our little buddy, Deano Blandino, takes a tour on the happy Cowboys party bus with the Jones boys, stocked with a few local girls, probably of age, and most likely going by names like Harley, Roxie, and Skye. It was a prime environment to discuss league matters and rules enforcement, you understand.

Then a photo surfaces with Blandino's mug all a fluster. Smile, Deano! Having fun?

No doubt there's been a bit of hot water to navigate with the wife, and the league, too. Deano has Ray Rice and a handful of others to thank for running interference.

So now, after the calls the past two games, what are the odds he's going to take sides on ANYTHING involving the Cowboys. He's got public relations and a job to consider.

Is that it, or will this continue? Here's hoping he gets fired this offseason.

And for Stephen and Jerry, stop taking league officials on your out-of-town romp sessions, because what is happening there obviously ain't staying there.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Naw, this call doesn't eat at me too much..

What eats at me more is all the plays left on the field by Dallas. That one play didn't have anything to do with Green Bay adjusted in the Second half and how Dallas didn't play well in the 2nd half.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Do you think this defense hold Rodgers on the last drive? By the end of this game the GB OL was dominating.

We'll never know. Maybe Dez's catch and an ensuing TD fire up the defense and they find their second wind.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
You raise a good point.. I am still pissed about many calls. Calls that seemed more legit. Especially how Dallas got a call their way last week.

I do hope it motivates them. Every player in the locker room knows they got jobbed on that. The Packers fans know it too. But, I think it's just too close to the Lions game when many Cowboys fans were telling Lions fans not whine over a call. Now, here are Cowboys fans doing it..
LOL, I was calling Detroit fans whiners too. I'm a hypocrite and I know it. Still, there's a fine line between venting and whining. I think it's more venting when we Cowboy fans gripe about it amongst ourselves, but turns into whining if we go around complaining to everyone about it.

It is about time to let it go. It's not going to change. I agree with what Dez said, "If that's how they have to beat the Cowboys they can have it." Let's just all remember they had to screw us to get rid of us and get even next year.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Naw, this call doesn't eat at me too much..

What eats at me more is all the plays left on the field by Dallas. That one play didn't have anything to do with Green Bay adjusted in the Second half and how Dallas didn't play well in the 2nd half.

Yeah, or Bailey's two missed field goals, that would cover the points difference alone. No one is mentioning things like that. I wonder what's up with him? He's been unsteady for several games now.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
A little diddy for you grassy knollers out there.

So our little buddy, Deano Blandino, takes a tour on the happy Cowboys party bus with the Jones boys, stocked with a few local girls, probably of age, and most likely going by names like Harley, Roxie, and Skye. It was a prime environment to discuss league matters and rules enforcement, you understand.

Then a photo surfaces with Blandino's mug all a fluster. Smile, Deano! Having fun?

No doubt there's been a bit of hot water to navigate with the wife, and the league, too. Deano has Ray Rice and a handful of others to thank for running interference.

So now, after the calls the past two games, what are the odds he's going to take sides on ANYTHING involving the Cowboys. He's got public relations and a job to consider.

Is that it, or will this continue? Here's hoping he gets fired this offseason.

And for Stephen and Jerry, stop taking league officials on your out-of-town romp sessions, because what is happening there obviously ain't staying there.

Jerry and his son never should have had this man on their Bus. and Deano Blandino, needs to resign or be fired. by trying to prove he is not bias for the cowboys. he ends up destroying and ending the cowboys season on an over turned BS call which he was a part of. he was one of the decision makers from New Your that gave the cowboys this screw job. he needs to go.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
LOL, I was calling Detroit fans whiners too. I'm a hypocrite and I know it. Still, there's a fine line between venting and whining. I think it's more venting when we Cowboy fans gripe about it amongst ourselves, but turns into whining if we go around complaining to everyone about it.

It is about time to let it go. It's not going to change. I agree with what Dez said, "If that's how they have to beat the Cowboys they can have it." Let's just all remember they had to screw us to get rid of us and get even next year.

Wow! :clap:Thank you for your honesty. And that has been my point all along. It's okay to be upset at the call and to think we got screwed. But all this, "our situation is different than the Lions situation" is merely an exercise in homerism and justification. Be mad. Rant. Rave. But understand that we aren't the only fans this has happened to and our situation is no different (in principle) than any other fan base complaining about bad calls.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Wow! :clap:Thank you for your honesty. And that has been my point all along. It's okay to be upset at the call and to think we got screwed. But all this, "our situation is different than the Lions situation" is merely an exercise in homerism and justification. Be mad. Rant. Rave. But understand that we aren't the only fans this has happened to and our situation is no different (in principle) than any other fan base complaining about bad calls.

I think all football fans should have some concern over what has happened lately. I mean, in the end, we are all complaining about the same thing. Most of us know it isn't anything that hasn't happened before since the game began, but there are situations which can be fixed, such as allowing review of PI (I think the Packers got screwed on the PI against Williams) or in the case of Dez, just simplify the rule and say as long as there is possession and two feet down that is all that is needed, if it is good enough for a sideline catch it should be good for a catch on the field.

As long as the rule is the same for everyone it will work, as it is now, it's too subjective and open to interpretation. Trent Dilfer was right saying the NFL rulebook is too convoluted and confusing, they need to clean it up. Hopefully something good will come out of this and it will all lead to better rules.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Blandino's qualifications are questionable. He has a mysterious degree from Hofstra and grew up in New York. He has no field ref experience. He apparently started a replay company after working in the NFL officiating office. Then he shows up in 2012 as the boss of all refs.

He seems like sketchy guy.

Your right his qualifications doesn't adhere to being someone who knows anything about being an NFL official. Therefore, its safe to assume that he got his position by being a YES man through and through. Yes men like him seem to have sketchy qualifications due to the fact they will do anything for money. If they have to LIE in front of the public and get paid, they will. Blandino is a paid liar and nothing more.

However, Blandino is nothing more than a small cog in the professional sports industry made to brainwash the masses.

Think about it for a second......long ago we really didn't need a Mike Pereira or a Blandino to tell us whats a good call or not. We as football fans know and can decide for ourselves. Thus they really aren't needed and should be showed the door.

However, that brainwash machine is working.

Thats why you still have EVEN Cowboys fans arguing that they made the right call. I feel sorry for them because they are blinded by the truth and that they fall into SNAKEOIL salesman trap quite easily.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Let's say, for discussion purposes, that the Dez play isn't overturned and the Cowboys score on the next play (highly likely).

I assume the Cowboys go for 2 at that point to make it a 3 point game. Anybody know the average conversion rate on 2 pt conversions. How about the Cowboys conversion percentage for the season.

At that point the Packers have the ball with 3:30 - 4:00 minutes left and 0 time-outs.

What scenarios play out?

The one I think is most likely is the Packers drive down and end up kicking a field goal with maybe 1 minute left and the Cowboys have maybe a minute or so to try to the same.

I suspect the game goes into overtime.

Has anybody used the game outcome calculator to see what the odds of the Cowboys and/or Packers win is based on the outcome of the over-turned call. I ready somewhere that either way the Packers had a greater likelihood of winning, however, that seems odd to me since the Cowboys would have the lead in the scenario where Dez is given that catch.

I read somewhere that if the call was upheld that Cowboys would have a 52% chance of winning the game.

When the call was made and it was reversed, the percentage of us winning went down to 15%.

Nonetheless the NFL cheated the entire football world of an epic game to remember. It would have been an awesome game if it did come to OT and that even win or lose, I would still be proud of the Cowboys and be proud of how we found till the end.

However, I am not proud of the controversy that is surrounding this lost. Sour grapes you might say? No of course not. I wanted a football game without controversy. This one has controversy of epic proportion written all over it and the public demands why a call that was so obvious was reversed.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Can someone please explain why week 7 dez play was a catch but this was wasn't ? It's the exact same play , exact same scenario . In the week 7 he totally lost control of the ball even worse after reaching out but of course he's down by contact . What is the difference ? I'm sorry im still pissed . I'm 100% convinced any other head ref would have called it a catch and down by contact after the elbow hit !!!!!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think all football fans should have some concern over what has happened lately. I mean, in the end, we are all complaining about the same thing. Most of us know it isn't anything that hasn't happened before since the game began, but there are situations which can be fixed, such as allowing review of PI (I think the Packers got screwed on the PI against Williams) or in the case of Dez, just simplify the rule and say as long as there is possession and two feet down that is all that is needed, if it is good enough for a sideline catch it should be good for a catch on the field.

As long as the rule is the same for everyone it will work, as it is now, it's too subjective and open to interpretation. Trent Dilfer was right saying the NFL rulebook is too convoluted and confusing, they need to clean it up. Hopefully something good will come out of this and it will all lead to better rules.

Fair enough. Good response. :)

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Yeah, or Bailey's two missed field goals, that would cover the points difference alone. No one is mentioning things like that. I wonder what's up with him? He's been unsteady for several games now.

True, and that is one play that really pissed me off about Romo. He changes out of a play on 3rd and 2. Not much time left before the half. In better FG range. Then, audibles , puts himself into a worse position going to the shotgun, takes the sack. Even though the running game was working at the time. I say run the ball, at least you're going forward and not backward, (pending a holding call), take time off of the clock, better position for a FG if you don't get the 1st.. Sometimes in the second half, they looked like the "old" Cowboys from a year ago.