The sound you hear is me patting myself on the back...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
That's right folks... you heard it here first... I let you ALL in on Romo's greatness almost a year ago...

trickblue;638178 said:
One time Romo actually came upon a burning building only to see a young girl on the 11th floor screaming for help. He reached into bag and pulled out a football. He then did a play action fake and fired the ball 11 stories... literally knocking the girl right out of the window...

He then sprinted towards her freefall, diving and catching her just before she hit the ground. He saved her precious little life. The parents were so happy they gave him $72 dollars and the rest of their grilled stuft burrito. Romo politely refused as he likes plain beef burritos better (but he took the $72 dollars so he could buy more practice buckets on the golf range).

THIS, my friend, is the kind of player you want leading your team to the promised land. Not some prototypical robo-QB...

We also had these jewels: :p:

Doomsday101;638122 said:
Dallas is in big trouble if we have to rely on Romo, the guy is not that good and chances are will never see the starting role as the Cowboys QB. Backup and best!!!!. At least for the next season or 2 Bledsoe will be the man at QB.

Doomsday101;638133 said:
I have seen enough of him in pre-season to know he is backup material at best. Get out of the dream world and come back to reality. Dallas needs to address the QB position in the draft at this stage and have a QB to groom behind Bledsoe.

Doomsday101;638156 said:
Bledsoe will take us as far as the O-line will allow him and you could say that about most QB in the league. As for Romo I like him but can you say Jason Garrett? LOL Romo is not the future QB of the Cowboys. Either Henson developes or Dallas drafts a QB within the next year or 2.

Don't miss this important thread... :D

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=638178

Dogstar

Reaction score
Greatness has NOT been shown yet, my friend. Don't be too quick to pull that trigger. It's a long season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dogstar;1137704 said:
Greatness has NOT been shown yet, my friend. Don't be too quick to pull that trigger. It's a long season.
Sarcasm escapes you doesn't it?

trickblue

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1137717 said:
I'm making a sound right now too. ;)

:laugh2:

It's funny... I was being sarcastic about our whole QB situation. That thread started about a errant kicking play, but as usual developed into a QB thread...

Matt Baker in '07... :yourock:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue;1137721 said:

It's funny... I was being sarcastic about our whole QB situation. That thread started about a errant kicking play, but as usual developed into a QB thread...

Matt Baker in '07... :yourock:

Matt Baker... Hmm. :laugh2:

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Sorry trick...I called out Romo's greatness in 2003, in the old forum. You were a couple of years late.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Did you guys know Romo throws right handed because throwing left handed is to easy for him?

superpunk

Reaction score
That sound you hear is me patting myself on the.....

shoot, someone's coming.....

aznhalf

Reaction score
superpunk;1137734 said:
That sound you hear is me patting myself on the.....

shoot, someone's coming.....
:angryno::angryno:

First person to use a Chuck Noris joke to describe Romo gets beat.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Rome wasn't built in a day.. And neither was Romo.. God spent a day on him, then spent a whole other day on his right arm..

Tripod

Reaction score
I need to clarify something.

Bledsoe is removed from the Giants game at halftime with a 5 point deficit.
Romo turns the game rapidly into a 21 point deficit and embarassing loss with 3 interceptions.

Romo starts a game against Carolina and throws ONE touchdown and ONE interception and the team wins primarily because Carolina put forth the worst offensive effort of their last 3 seasons with inexplicable pass drops and fumbles.

And now there are literally hundreds of posts proclaiming Romo's greatness and posters arguing over who discovered his GREATNESS first...

This is a funny place.

trickblue

Reaction score
Tripod;1137752 said:

Romo turns the game rapidly into a 21 point deficit and embarassing loss with 3 interceptions.

Romo starts a game against Carolina and throws ONE touchdown and ONE interception and the team wins primarily because Carolina put forth the worst offensive effort of their last 3 seasons with inexplicable pass drops and fumbles.

And now there are literally hundreds of posts proclaiming Romo's greatness and posters arguing over who discovered his GREATNESS first...

This is a funny place.

Sarcasm ALSO eludes you... ;)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Tripod;1137752 said:

This is a funny place.

I would agree that more has to be seen from Romo before the greatness tag is placed on him but I will say hitting over 60% of his passes and leading the team to 35 points is a pretty good outing for Romo. He may have only threw for the 1 TD but he made some big plays to keep drives alive so that 35 points could be put up by the offense.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Matt "Shake and" Baker. I like it.

Thanks trick. You can be my wingman anytime.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tripod;1137752 said:

This is a funny place.

Tripod on...

Pickett's Charge - "The North really wasn't that good"

The Transcontinental railroad - "Have you ever been to Utah? What's the big deal?"

The German armies trek across France in 1940 - "The French would have won if it had been any year except 1940"

Placing a man on the moon - "Heck a kid and an Estes rocket could have done that"

superpunk

Reaction score
Trick, you've created a monster. Cuz nobody wants to see Bledsoe no more, they want Romo, Bledsoe's chopped liver. So if you want Romo this is what I'll give ya. A little bit of Romo mixed with some hard liquor, some vodka.....

cowboys19

Reaction score
Tripod;1137775 said:
Cyber tough guy...ding, I hear the hot pockets are ready upstairs.

And it's "you're", not "your"

who are you my 50 year old english teacher?

Try not to get a hard on

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MichaelWinicki;1137769 said:
Tripod on...

Pickett's Charge - "The North really wasn't that good"

The Transcontinental railroad - "Have you ever been to Utah? What's the big deal?"

The German armies trek across France in 1940 - "The French would have won if it had been any year except 1940"

Placing a man on the moon - "Heck a kid and an Estes rocket could have done that"

Niiice.

I wish I had that quote from him about the invention of cell phones being a bad idea. Do you have that one MW?