The sound you hear is me patting myself on the back...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Tripod;1137752 said:
I need to clarify something.

Bledsoe is removed from the Giants game at halftime with a 5 point deficit.
Romo turns the game rapidly into a 21 point deficit and embarassing loss with 3 interceptions.

Romo starts a game against Carolina and throws ONE touchdown and ONE interception and the team wins primarily because Carolina put forth the worst offensive effort of their last 3 seasons with inexplicable pass drops and fumbles.

And now there are literally hundreds of posts proclaiming Romo's greatness and posters arguing over who discovered his GREATNESS first...

This is a funny place.

While you busy clarifying things....

Clarify the definition of irony, sarcasm, and exaggeration...as they are terms you should familiarize yourself with.

It is ironic that you bring up the dropped passes for Carolina and not the dropped passes we had against the Giants. It is also ironic that you bring up the 21 point deficit when we lost the game by 14. It continues to be ironic that you don't give the Cowboys any credit for those fumbles. Irony, sarcasm, and exaggeration. Try looking up "high horse" while you're at it.

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/

Tripod

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1137769 said:
Tripod on...

Pickett's Charge - "The North really wasn't that good"

The Transcontinental railroad - "Have you ever been to Utah? What's the big deal?"

The German armies trek across France in 1940 - "The French would have won if it had been any year except 1940"

Placing a man on the moon - "Heck a kid and an Estes rocket could have done that"

C'mon Utah is pretty boring...

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Tripod;1137752 said:
I need to clarify something.

Bledsoe is removed from the Giants game at halftime with a 5 point deficit.
Romo turns the game rapidly into a 21 point deficit and embarassing loss with 3 interceptions.

Romo starts a game against Carolina and throws ONE touchdown and ONE interception and the team wins primarily because Carolina put forth the worst offensive effort of their last 3 seasons with inexplicable pass drops and fumbles.

And now there are literally hundreds of posts proclaiming Romo's greatness and posters arguing over who discovered his GREATNESS first...

This is a funny place.

Did you watch the Carolina game? Or the Giants game for that matter?

It wasn't his stats that impressed the fans, media and players. One TD and one INT just isn't that big of a deal. It was his release. His decision making. The way he ran the team. His lack of mistakes. His mobility. His pocket presence.

Those things are why the fans, media and players are so excited about Tony. His release is excellent. We're not talking about a lucky pass here... or a INT that was dropped... we're talking about him showing a release that will serve him well his whole career. We're talking about decision making that can't be just a fluke. He made great decisions with the ball and played like a seasoned vet. The way the team responded to him and how he moved the team down the field every time he had the ball was not any kind of function of luck. He consistantly moved the ball and the team... the whole team... responded to his leadership, just like they always have every time he got a chance to play.

That is why everyone is so excited. That's why the media, including ex-QB's like Aikman, Theisman, Salsbury, etc. are raving about Romo and how he played. That's why players, ex-players and personnel guys are saying they expect Romo to keep it up and they think the Cowboys' season has been saved.

So, if you didn't watch the game then that explains why you don't understand and are simply quoting stats. If you did watch the game... then I don't think you paid that much attention.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AsthmaField;1137789 said:
Did you watch the Carolina game? Or the Giants game for that matter?

It wasn't his stats that impressed the fans, media and players. One TD and one INT just isn't that big of a deal. It was his release. His decision making. The way he ran the team. His lack of mistakes. His mobility. His pocket presence.

Those things are why the fans, media and players are so excited about Tony. His release is excellent. We're not talking about a lucky pass here... or a INT that was dropped... we're talking about him showing a release that will serve him well his whole career. We're talking about decision making that can't be just a fluke. He made great decisions with the ball and played like a seasoned vet. The way the team responded to him and how he moved the team down the field every time he had the ball was not any kind of function of luck. He consistantly moved the ball and the team... the whole team... responded to his leadership, just like they always have every time he got a chance to play.

That is why everyone is so excited. That's why the media, including ex-QB's like Aikman, Theisman, Salsbury, etc. are raving about Romo and how he played. That's why players, ex-players and personnel guys are saying they expect Romo to keep it up and they think the Cowboys' season has been saved.

So, if you didn't watch the game then that explains why you don't understand and are simply quoting stats. If you did watch the game... then I don't think you paid that much attention.

Well said **...

There will always be a group on this board that will hate Romo, like Tripod and Hos :)laugh2:).

They'll forever hate the guy for replacing Bledsoe. While some couldn't see the huge flaws in Bledsoe's game there were several that could... and finally Parcells saw the same thing.

The switch has been made and the better QB is running this offense.

And some will never get over that.

cowboys19

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;1137801 said:
haha.. well done.. that's what you call "flippin the script"..

she is 56 years old, what do you expect? she could be my grandma

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
cowboys19;1137809 said:
she is 56 years old, what do you expect? she could be my grandma
ha.. I'm just saying, I appreciate the fact that Tripod was wrong and everyone was giving him crap for not having a sense of humor.. and then he made a good joke about Utah being boring.. he flipped the script.. it made me laugh..

superpunk

Reaction score
AsthmaField;1137789 said:
It wasn't his stats that impressed the fans, media and players.
Agreed. I said it at the time, Carolina was a game where the stats didn't tell half the story of what he did.
It was his release.
Exactly.
His decision making.
Without a doubt.
The way he ran the team.
Haven't seen that in a while.
His mobility.
A welcome change.
His pocket presence.
Cool as the other side of the pillow.
His lack of mistakes.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1137799 said:
the better QB is running this offense.

That's for sure.

There are two types of guys who aren't liking Romo and are spouting, "Romo has only done it for one game and he sucked against the Giants."

1. Those who loved Bledsoe and will never get over it

2. Opposing fans who must be terrified that Dallas has found it's next great QB.

I'm not talking about fans who say they want to see him do it for a while, consistantly... heck, I feel that way too. No, I'm talking more about the lunatic fringe that have unwarranted hate for a likable young QB who played very well.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Baker has a very strong arm from what I read....I will watch him in San Antonio in 07 and provide the true story on him for you out of town ZONERS