The talking heads in the media

WTtoolman

Reaction score
Same goes for all the rose colored glasses wearing "fans" who say nothing to see here when the freaking building is burning down in the background. I don't want to hear that everything is rainbows and unicorns when i know dammm well it is not. Being objective is a double edge sword.. Cuts both ways.
Agreed. What would you say the ratio is at? When we lose, I'd say it's probably 90-95% complaining. When we win, it's maybe slightly less than half of the topics/posts are still complaining/doom and gloom. Is being "objective" just an excuse for members to relentlessly complain?

ESisback

Reaction score
Same goes for all the rose colored glasses wearing "fans" who say nothing to see here when the freaking building is burning down in the background. I don't want to hear that everything is rainbows and unicorns when i know dammm well it is not. Being objective is a double edge sword.. Cuts both ways.
Middle ground! Pointing out the problem, but not dwelling on it too much is key! There are a handful of posters who type nothing but complaints, but I have yet to see someone who posts nothing but “we’re the greatest”. Personally, I think being a fan means deriving more pleasure from football than constant stress or worry.

links18

Reaction score
I rarely ever listen to anything they have to say. I caught some of it the past couple days and it annoys the hell outta me.

Now these guys are praising us…. Saying “we have a shot at the SB”. Meanwhile they were calling us choke artists weeks ago.

If we go to the SB they get to say “I told you so”…. And if not then they’ll just rip us again. It’s gross these guys actually get paid for their “opinions”.
It's the same thing we do here.

Praxit

Reaction score
I rarely ever listen to anything they have to say. I caught some of it the past couple days and it annoys the hell outta me.

Now these guys are praising us…. Saying “we have a shot at the SB”. Meanwhile they were calling us choke artists weeks ago.

If we go to the SB they get to say “I told you so”…. And if not then they’ll just rip us again. It’s gross these guys actually get paid for their “opinions”.
..hahaha.. I was going to post thread relevant to yours. If we win this game. Half those pundits will jump on the wagon.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Media and cry babies on here are all the same. 7 game slump and we suck, one great game and all of a sudden they are in hiding and media is calling us the best team in the world.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I hear you bros!

I’m sick of these media talking heads not being diehard Cowboy fans!

BIAS!!!

If you don't think there is bias you have not been paying attention. I was out in front of my house yesterday doing a brake job on my car and had one of the radio shows on. I don't know which one it was just background noise while i worked.. In one segment, the hosts talked at length about why the Cowboys are not true contenders because they have not beaten anybody.. I didn't pay it much mind because I'd heard it all before but after a commercial break they came back discussing the Colts situation and Carson Wentz.. and they actually went so far as to say that if Wentz is healthy the Colts are a very dangerous team in the playoffs and they have had some impressive wins this year and New England and the Bills.... I had to stop and check my hearing aid because I figured I must have misheard them.. since you know.. New England is "nobody" when the Cowboys beat them but "impressive" when the Colts did.. I mean damn.. They could have at least separated it by several minutes so folks didn't notice.. but they did this in back to back segments making it impossible not to. We see and hear it every day when it comes to the Cowboys.. The good news is that for the most part what the mediots say has zero bearing on what happens on the field.. with the obvious exception that when all the mediots a nut riding the Cowboys the Cowboys have invariably been unable to handle it and have fallen on their faces. Here's hoping this bunch is different.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Oh...poor Cowboys. Why do they pick on the poor little Cowboys? Damn meanies those media.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Oh...poor Cowboys. Why do they pick on the poor little Cowboys? Damn meanies those media.

Biggest fan base = biggest ratings = biggest paychecks for those who know how to work the Cowboys into every broadcast. If Cowboys fans really wanted to put these idiots out of business we'd quit watching them..

MarcusRock

Reaction score
People care far too much about what others say or believe. This incessant need for validation from others reveals a lot. It's no better than posting duck lip pictures on Instagram basically begging people to "tell me I look pretty" except here it's, "only tell me my team is awesome." Either you know it, are still figuring it out, or don't. And yet, people today try to slam the "everyone gets a trophy" culture they think ruins everything? Physician, heal thyself. Lol.