The talking heads in the media

RaZon

Reaction score
Ask the question....

When the Cowboys drafted Bullet Bob Hayes, who did the Giants draft to cover him?

....good luck.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I rarely ever listen to anything they have to say. I caught some of it the past couple days and it annoys the hell outta me.

Now these guys are praising us…. Saying “we have a shot at the SB”. Meanwhile they were calling us choke artists weeks ago.

If we go to the SB they get to say “I told you so”…. And if not then they’ll just rip us again. It’s gross these guys actually get paid for their “opinions”.

I mean that is sports. It changes a lot. We could drop the next 2 games and we would go right back to being choke artists.

RaZon

Reaction score
Chris Collinsworth was particularly nauseating Sun night going on and on about the WFT pillow fight on the sideline . Good grief that entire NBC package is getting unwatchable .

Felt sorry for Chris and Al knowing people were bailing with each score and they were trying all they could to keep some interest in the game.

Funny in another game when Troy said....if they score again that should do it......then coming back with...well maybe not over yet....yep, he was buzzed about that.

Always funny when it's so far gone they finally have to admit it, they try to keep ya as long as possible.

Last edited:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
It’s easy to doubt Dallas because they always seem to disappoint. But honestly, if you’re being objective, it’s hard to not consider them a threat this year. Dallas was always exciting with their offensive weapons, but most people knew they were pretenders. This team has perhaps and best and healthiest pass rush heading into the playoffs. That’s how you win Super Bowls. Brady won his 7th because that front 7 terrorized Mahomes last year. I can’t remember a Dallas team in about 30 years who could pressure a QB and create turnovers like this one. That’s how you win in the playoffs.

JBond

Reaction score
Instead of gathering likes, just be cool and enjoy the season.

This season has been a ton of fun already!

No likes allowed on this post.

ESisback

Reaction score
I rarely ever listen to anything they have to say. I caught some of it the past couple days and it annoys the hell outta me.

Now these guys are praising us…. Saying “we have a shot at the SB”. Meanwhile they were calling us choke artists weeks ago.

If we go to the SB they get to say “I told you so”…. And if not then they’ll just rip us again. It’s gross these guys actually get paid for their “opinions”.

…and at ESPN.com, they want you to pay extra to read THEIR opinion!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
shift as the tides of the teams shift.

They had KC out of the playoffs just weeks ago, AZ as a shoe in and they go with the flow as they are told to do.

But to be fair, this also started with the return of Gregory and Lawrence and the WR trio healthy. They stay healthy, this team is a true contender.

johneric8

Reaction score
My hot take is this-

The media can be either a friend or foe depending on how depict our team.

In the past, when the team received praise, this typically meant they were going to believe the hype and then fold like a cheap suit.

I would love it if the media gives us no chance, because typically, this when I believe we're at our best.

When the team feels disrespected, good things tend to happen, so we have to hope we're undervalued.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Michael Irvin stuck a proverbial fork in the Chiefs weeks ago. I'm sure that annoyed some Chiefs fans. :muttley:

I don't watch much sports talk or pregame shows because it's just a lot of cliches and noise, but I can't imagine getting upset about anything they say.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I hear you bros!

I’m sick of these media talking heads not being diehard Cowboy fans!

BIAS!!!

IceBowler

Reaction score
They have more knowledge than most of the fans that come here because they played the game. You wouldn’t have any problem listening to them if they had nothing but good things to say about the Cowboys. Sure it’s annoying when don’t see the team the way you do. They’re paid to be objective and give honest opinions. They’re not always right so don’t let it bother you so much. They have opinions just like we all do.

The only "snap" Max Kellerman and a bunch of them ever took was in a bowl of Rice Krispies.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Most fans are game by game and in the game-day thread, are play by play. Just have to learn to live with it. 26 years will do that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The only "snap" Max Kellerman and a bunch of them ever took was in a bowl of Rice Krispies.

I’m not talking about Kellerman I’m talking about former players that cover the game.

fivetwos

Reaction score

I have to often remind myself that this team is not coached the same as the Garrett choke artists were.

Those teams had zero toughness.

Will the results change? They should...but this year's NFC isn't exactly easy.

I know this....we have a chance. Ball has to bounce the right way.

Lot of unexpected things happen today.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Nailed it.

I don't want to come this forum to hear all the negative nitpicking BS from so called "fans." There's more than enough negative press about the Cowboys on every single other news outlet. I come here because I want to hear something/anything positive about the Cowboys.

Same goes for all the rose colored glasses wearing "fans" who say nothing to see here when the freaking building is burning down in the background. I don't want to hear that everything is rainbows and unicorns when i know dammm well it is not. Being objective is a double edge sword.. Cuts both ways.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

You have to understand its all about ratings and not about always being accurate.
Also as the most popular Sports team in the world, we draw a lot of attention.