The Tank Thread

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Too early for that. If the team loses the next 5 games then maybe but we have to try to stay at 500 while Tony's gone. I wouldn't have thought we'd have a chance but the defense looks like the real deal. We'll just have to wait and see. They have to get the running game going and stop the penalties. Weeden is awful so other players have to step up. You can't tank though with a 2-0 record and division record.

KB1122

Reaction score
Romo may be out 7-10 weeks but with this defense and offensive weapons we might be able to stay a float.

We might. But why would we want to?

Our best quarterback is out, and he's not young. Our best wide receiver is out.

It's not going to happen.

Tank.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
We might. But why would we want to?

Our best quarterback is out, and he's not young. Our best wide receiver is out.

It's not going to happen.

Tank.

I agree it looks bad but our defense look good and it's not at full strength either. Have a ton of weapons on offense and a great oline. This looks like its over but you never know

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I'm listening to Dallas radio, and everyone is wondering if Weeden could go 3-5 and maybe we'll get in on a run.

I have a better idea. Tank.

Tank for me.

Tank for you.

Like the last time Tony had this injury.

Not sure if there is a big quarterback prospect this year, so our timing may be bad. But that's why you don't ignore the quarterback at the top of your draft board to take a guard.

Tank.
I have a better idea.

YOU DON'T TANK WHEN YOU ARE 2-0.

KB1122

Reaction score
Our defense does look good, and that's what I'm afraid of. We'll struggle to six or seven wins. To me that's the most likely scenario. There are three quarterbacks projected in the top 10. I'd rather go snag one.

pastordug

Reaction score
No TANK YOU........ This DEFENSE will win some games while we await the return of Romo. My only issue is I felt last year we should have at least looked in the direction of a decent QB to backup an aging Tony. But it is what it is. Glad the D looks good, the O line will make someone look good and we will win some games without Romo.

vaturkey

Reaction score
I'm listening to Dallas radio, and everyone is wondering if Weeden could go 3-5 and maybe we'll get in on a run.

I have a better idea. Tank.

Tank for me.

Tank for you.

Like the last time Tony had this injury.

Not sure if there is a big quarterback prospect this year, so our timing may be bad. But that's why you don't ignore the quarterback at the top of your draft board to take a guard.

Tank.

We are currently leading the Division, have defensive reinforcements inbound in a few weeks and have the best offensive line in football and you want the tank the season now? I'm guessing half the General Managers in the league would want to be in our shoes right now, even with the injury to Tony. We need to play this out and see where it goes. IMO our scheme will change on offense and it will be run run run and a shot downfield. This team won't suck without Romo. Way too much talent to suck.

bodi

Reaction score
oh I agree so how many games does Weedin win for us ?

do just like INDY did in 2011 with a 2 - 14 season

draft the top QB

which is IMO is Jeff Goff or Christian Hackenberg - do we need a QB next year ? Ah yes

Dez out 12 weeks

Romo 8 or more

just shut em down

Julio Jones had the same thing injury as Dez

On October 9, 2013, it was announced that Jones would be out for the rest of the season after injuring his foot

DeMarcus Lawrence had a similar surgery that included a bone graft last year and was placed on the injured reserve/designated to return list, costing him the first eight games of the season. Lawrence suffered the injury July 30, 2014, and played in his first game Nov. 2

yea but we can get another 20 years of Quincy QB'S if you want to

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
So we are 2-0 and a game up on a Kurt Cousin led squad, and someone wants to tank for draft picks?

COOKOO COOKOO

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
yea but we can get another 20 years of Quincy QB'S if you want to

Troy Aikman last year was 2000 ...... Tony Romo first year was 2003 ....... he started his first game in 2006. And in between them we had Drew Bleadsoe who is a legitimate starting QB ......

Where is this 20 year stretch you are talking about?

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread is yet another example that feeds my Rowdy The Mascot tolerate/hate relationship.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
We can beat any of the teams coming up over the next 8 weeks except the Patriots and Seahawks most likely. I doubt we go 6-2 but there are 6 winnable games.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our defense does look good, and that's what I'm afraid of. We'll struggle to six or seven wins. To me that's the most likely scenario. There are three quarterbacks projected in the top 10. I'd rather go snag one.

A top 10 pick is a day 1 starter at QB. Any QB we take will sit for 2 years. Maybe filling in a game here or there. In next years draft we will have a very good QB prospect in the late first perfect for that like a Gunner Kiel.