The taunting rule

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
fumble!!!, runs to the end zone to celebrate.

touchdown.gif

If they want to wear themselves out for stupidity, fine by me.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
kick off return for 10 yards

we need more dancing it takes nothing away from the game.

trows-for-first-down.gif

Flamma

Reaction score
You know what really is annoying me about the NFL? The new taunting rule! I strongly dislike the Eagles. However, I gotta say that I thought the taunting call was ridiculous. I understand if someone spikes the ball in the face of another player and it's not a TD. But come on! This games takes a lot of emotions. I don't want to see the refs taking over the game because someone started to chirp at another player.

I know it's a rule, but I hope that they change it back so that trash talking can be allowed again. Rant over.

Here's the thing. We don't have to like the taunting rule, but that guy made it easy on the refs. If the ref doesn't throw the flag there, then there's no taunting rule.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Here's the thing. We don't have to like the taunting rule, but that guy made it easy on the refs. If the ref doesn't throw the flag there, then there's no taunting rule.

Oh I get that. I just think it was a weak call.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Players have to be allowed to do a little talking, especially if a guy makes a big tackle or stop or gets big yards.

if any good comes from the WFT investigation, I hope it's that the NFLPA gets leverage to push this and a few other silly rules out

Flamma

Reaction score
Oh I get that. I just think it was a weak call.

I get your opinion. I do. Opinions aside, if you have a no taunting rule you have to throw the flag in that case. It's a no brainer. We don't have to like the rule, but it was 100% taunting.

Look at what happened between the Cowboys and Giants. There was a lot of bad blood there. Imagine if taunting wasn't a penalty. You'd see situations like that much more often.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It's not a new rule, just a point of emphasis to enforce what was already a rule. Don't get in anyone's face. How hard is that?

It'll take a while for the refs to tweak the calls, like any other. And many times the rules are proactive, if the league thought taunting was getting out of hand, better to enforce the rule more often and more closely before you get another Myles Garrett incident. That might have started with some taunting and then escalated into a fight. Refs are a lot closer to the action than most, if the television audience didn't hear any taunting before hand that doesn't mean there wasn't any.

The NFL is about image big time, that's all this is about...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I get your opinion. I do. Opinions aside, if you have a no taunting rule you have to throw the flag in that case. It's a no brainer. We don't have to like the rule, but it was 100% taunting.

Look at what happened between the Cowboys and Giants. There was a lot of bad blood there. Imagine if taunting wasn't a penalty. You'd see situations like that much more often.

Fair enough with that.