The Team "Nobody Wants to Play..."

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Going into the Skins game last week, I said that "this is the end of the season" (if we lost), or............this is gonna' be the team that nobody wants to play come playoff time.
I don't know...........really. This year is a little weird, in a good way. Maybe, just maybe, we're doing things in reverse from the last few years. You know, all bling and razzle-dazzle, high hopes, etc..........only to go flat in December and go "one and done" in the playoffs.
This thing sniffs and smells of going on a tear, for once, when it matters.
Last year, at this time, nobody had the Giants on their radar screen. NOBODY! No matter what they say. It was a "house divided", Tiki's book, Strahans big mouth, the media calling for Coughlins and Mannings heads, etc.....and look what happened..........
I say that Dallas wins against the Giants, Ravens, Steelers and Beagles, and goes into the playoffs (wild card or not) on a tear...............and they'll be the team that no one wants to lock horns with.
And they better, because THIS IS IT!! This won't be the same team on paper next spring. Free agency, salary cap, aging (offensive line), etc......will have taken it's toll by then. THIS IS IT. The best shot we have to date in over a decade...........

WG5516

Reaction score
Dude you're still setting yourself up for dissappointment. Just chill and let this thing ride out. You have to look at things for what they are. The Cowboys beat a team that's what 3-7? I think. Come on now. The boys were suppose to when this game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
WG5516;2441218 said:
Dude you're still setting yourself up for dissappointment. Just chill and let this thing ride out. You have to look at things for what they are. The Cowboys beat a team that's what 3-7? I think. Come on now. The boys were suppose to when this game.

The ones you're supposed to win can often turn out to be the hardest victories in the NFL.

Must have something to do with that whole pesky no give me thing that has to do with playing NFL ball as well.

Aikbach

Reaction score
If Dallas is 11-5 I'll share your sentiment, but I'll hold off.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
If we can win against the Steelers then I'll start to believe...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
lewpac;2441205 said:
Going into the Skins game last week, I said that "this is the end of the season" (if we lost), or............this is gonna' be the team that nobody wants to play come playoff time.
I don't know...........really. This year is a little weird, in a good way. Maybe, just maybe, we're doing things in reverse from the last few years. You know, all bling and razzle-dazzle, high hopes, etc..........only to go flat in December and go "one and done" in the playoffs.
Last year, at this time, nobody had the Giants on their radar screen. NOBODY! No matter what they say. It was a "house divided", Tiki's book, Strahans big mouth, the media calling for Coughlins and Mannings heads, etc.....and look what happened..........
I say that Dallas wins against the Giants, Ravens, Steelers and Beagles, and goes into the playoffs (wild card or not) on a tear...............and they'll be the team that no one wants to lock horns with.
And they better, because THIS IS IT!! This won't be the same team on paper next spring. Free agency, salary cap, aging (offensive line), etc......will have taken it's toll by then. THIS IS IT. The best shot we have to date in over a decade...........
I have to agree with you on this.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Healthy Romo we are going to score points. The defense needs to continue to play better for this team to make a run.

GMen86

Reaction score
lewpac;2441205 said:
I was pulling for the Skins last week for this exact reason. Even though a Skins win would have kept them tighter with the Giants I would rather have seen you guys dead in the water.

The Cowboys problem isn't talent. If you guys get some momentum you could be dangerous.

That being said I am confident the Giants can handle whatever cards are dealt to them. Yes, they can lose, but I like our chances against anyone.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
GMen86;2441270 said:
I was pulling for the Skins last week for this exact reason. Even though a Skins win would have kept them tighter with the Giants I would rather have seen you guys dead in the water.

The Cowboys problem isn't talent. If you guys get some momentum you could be dangerous.

That being said I am confident the Giants can handle whatever cards are dealt to them. Yes, they can lose, but I like our chances against anyone.
You should like your chances. Right now you are the best team in the NFL. The Cardinals are a good team at home and you handed them their butts.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are going to WASTE Seattle.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
lewpac;2441205 said:

Not sure I agree about next year but I agree with the rest a lot. This is our shot at the brass ring. And we are scary.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
I'm not confident enough to say we're that team just yet....maybe in the playoffs...but I'm damn sure we're a team that teams wish they had played two weeks ago rather than now.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
With about 3 exceptions this is one of the leagues youngest teams. They could make a run for some time if they get the formula down.

utrunner07

Reaction score
To get to the playoffs we can only loose one more game. 10-6 will not get in this year. IF we get in then yes we will be tough to beat, but I don't see us beating 3 out of 4 in @Pitt, NY, BALT, @Philli...

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Achozen;2441227 said:

Steelers are not impossible. Their Offense is suspect except that Ward guy , RBs are often hurt and O-line has holes. Still very good defense . But, if our offense plays true to potential their secondary can give in some plays and if we are up a couple of scores , The D can play ball and take it to Ben.

One game at a time baby , that is the mantra !

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
If Romo stays upright, it could happen. And if it happens, Romo should be league MVP.

Keep an eye on the left guard spot, though.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Achozen;2441227 said:

can someone tell me why we should be so afraid of the 8-3 Steelers who can barely score?