The Team "Nobody Wants to Play..."

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Achozen;2441227 said:
If we can win against the Steelers then I'll start to believe...

I dont fear the Steelers...they've only beat weaker teams all the strong teams theyve played they've lost to......

Mansta54

Reaction score
Steelers secondary is terrible. Romo will buy time and pick them apart but the thing that bothers me is their awful field. The league really needs to do something about their field. It's prolly the worst in the league...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CanadianCowboysFan;2441460 said:
can someone tell me why we should be so afraid of the 8-3 Steelers who can barely score?
Their defense is ranked #1 in the league in most categories.

That will keep you in every game.

Their offense doesn't scare me.

But the game is in their house.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
percyhoward;2441496 said:
Seasons don't fear the Steelers
Nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain...
I love that song. BOC is underrated.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
WG5516;2441218 said:
Dude you're still setting yourself up for dissappointment. Just chill and let this thing ride out. You have to look at things for what they are. The Cowboys beat a team that's what 3-7? I think. Come on now. The boys were suppose to when this game.

I agree.

Sometimes we fans get too ahead of ourselves. Like the poster who mused that would could go 16-0 after a 3-0 start.

Repeat after me ...

One game at a time.

One game at a time.

One game at a time.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The only team that concerns me is the Giants. Still I believe we can go 12-4...

StylisticS

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2441520 said:
I agree.

Sometimes we fans get too ahead of ourselves. Like the poster who mused that would could go 16-0 after a 3-0 start.

Repeat after me ...

One game at a time.

One game at a time.

One game at a time

bolded for emphasis. Players cannot look at that December schedule and say, gee, that gauntlet will be too hard for us. We will be fine with this line of thinking.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I fear the probable impact on Barber's ability to run the ball effectively due to poor conditions at Heinz Field moreso than the Steelers' top defense, but that's just me.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
players have to consider one game at a time, fans don't. nothing we say has any effect whatsoever on the game.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
We're going places as long as you didn't se what the gmen did in the desert last weekend. they are a jugernaut and we will see here in a few weeks. Honestly we need the pacman this week since Jenkins is out. Remember when everybody was worried that we had too many corners and some wouldn't get any playing time. I love me Whitten but he hasn't been much of a factor of late because of injury. Maybe the Bennett pick is looking a little better every week. and finally for those who thought we didn't need Roy Williams because we had Austin and we gave up too much. Well Austin is at home and you see how out first round picks end up so we didn't loose all that much here.
But I digress..

risco

Reaction score
lewpac;2441205 said:
Going into the Skins game last week, I said that "this is the end of the season" (if we lost), or............this is gonna' be the team that nobody wants to play come playoff time.
I don't know...........really. This year is a little weird, in a good way. Maybe, just maybe, we're doing things in reverse from the last few years. You know, all bling and razzle-dazzle, high hopes, etc..........only to go flat in December and go "one and done" in the playoffs.
This thing sniffs and smells of going on a tear, for once, when it matters.
Last year, at this time, nobody had the Giants on their radar screen. NOBODY! No matter what they say. It was a "house divided", Tiki's book, Strahans big mouth, the media calling for Coughlins and Mannings heads, etc.....and look what happened..........
I say that Dallas wins against the Giants, Ravens, Steelers and Beagles, and goes into the playoffs (wild card or not) on a tear...............and they'll be the team that no one wants to lock horns with.
And they better, because THIS IS IT!! This won't be the same team on paper next spring. Free agency, salary cap, aging (offensive line), etc......will have taken it's toll by then. THIS IS IT. The best shot we have to date in over a decade...........

I have to agree with you on the fact that maybe were are doing things in reverse. This year we simply may dominate the month of December and go into the playoffs with a lot of swagger. Afterall, we've only lost 4 games, good post. Disclaimer- we should also take one game at a time, so let's sally forth with Seattle.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
I can hardly believe some of you are overlooking the Steelers with #1 defense in every category, crappy field, wind, (very) cold weather, loudest home crowd in the league, Super Bowl experienced team ....etc., etc. That game will require a huge effort to win. I believe Dallas can do it but to me that game is as tough as the NY game @ home.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
l2obert;2442080 said:
I can hardly believe some of you are overlooking the Steelers with #1 defense in every category, crappy field, wind, (very) cold weather, loudest home crowd in the league, Super Bowl experienced team ....etc., etc. That game will require a huge effort to win. I believe Dallas can do it but to me that game is as tough as the NY game @ home.
One thing to remember though. A crappy field can really be an advantage to a passing team if they have proper cleats. It is harder to react to a WR in bad conditions. So, if we are able to make some throws it is to our advantage.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
After watching the Saints totally destroy a very good Packer secondary, I'd hate to meet up with them when they are on like they were last night.

aikemirv

Reaction score
DallasEast;2441800 said:
I fear the probable impact on Barber's ability to run the ball effectively due to poor conditions at Heinz Field moreso than the Steelers' top defense, but that's just me.

When we play Pittsburg it will have been 17 days since they last had a home game there. As long as they don't let college teams play there the field should be decent barring any extreme weather situations.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Win, lose or tie- Cowboy fans until we die!

Who cares what happens? This is one exciting season no matter where it ends. In the Super Bowl would be fun, but it's still been a wild ride.

JerryFan

Reaction score
aikemirv;2442243 said:
When we play Pittsburg it will have been 17 days since they last had a home game there. As long as they don't let college teams play there the field should be decent barring any extreme weather situations.

Thats the thing though. I'm pretty sure they have the high school finals there that weekend. I would find it hard to believe the field will be in the shape it was last year when the same thing happened. Jerry will throw a fit to the NFL not to mention I'm sure they got ripped pretty hard for last year.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We can beat the Steelers. Not that hard if the O doesn't beat themselves. Same with the Giants. We are better. We just have to play to the level of our talent.