The terrible message this front office is sending to players

phildadon86

Reaction score
Why can’t they?

They’ve drafted all pro linemen, RBs, WRs, TEs, LBs, and CBs.

Why couldn’t they draft a great QB? What proof do you have to back this up? Because they’re not active in free agency?
Paxton Lynch, Connor Cook, Mike White, Steven McGee.

Those are some of the names of the guys this FO wanted.

Quincy Carter as well. Lets not forget that.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Why can’t they?

They’ve drafted all pro linemen, RBs, WRs, TEs, LBs, and CBs.

Why couldn’t they draft a great QB? What proof do you have to back this up? Because they’re not active in free agency?
They haven't spent more than a 4th on a QB in the last 20 years and but for starter injuries, had a top 10 QB most of the way.

Picking QBs is one of their better skills. They should exercise that skill more often. Keep em coming.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Paxton Lynch, Connor Cook, Mike White, Steven McGee.

Those are some of the names of the guys this FO wanted.

Quincy Carter as well. Lets not forget that.
They didn’t draft those guys though. So who cares?

Quincy Carter wasn’t a 1st rounder and played like it.

Until they try and fail on multiple first round QBs like the Jets or Bears then I have no reason to believe it’s an automatic fail.

Until then I just want them to try. I want effort at finding a legit QB.

lostar2009

Reaction score
They just want their money, when it's their turn. There aren't many players these days that really are concerned with winning. The next man/contract up mindset is what Lamb, Parsons and Dak have.
Everyone wants to get paid. How can they change the mess this FO is causing? Player after player talk about the FO once they leave. Lots of players left this year when given the chance.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They didn’t draft those guys though. So who cares?

Quincy Carter wasn’t a 1st rounder and played like it.

Until they try and fail on multiple first round QBs like the Jets or Bears then I have no reason to believe it’s an automatic fail.

Until then I just want them to try. I want effort at finding a legit QB.
Fair enough. I was just pointing out. Their track record of talent evaluation at the position is horrible.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Honestly when Parsons sees teams like Philly making moves he has to be thinking why can't we make some moves? How are we going to be better?
Thus I doubt he will resign with the Cowboys. I bet he goes to Washington seeking a trade. Cowboys will try to sign him making him one of the top highest paid LB but he will turn it down.

That guy just wants to win. But the Cowboys don't care about winning.

Big_D

Reaction score
Thus I doubt he will resign with the Cowboys. I bet he goes to Washington seeking a trade. Cowboys will try to sign him making him one of the top highest paid LB but he will turn it down.

This might be something that will catch Jerry's attention. A great player who can't get out of town fast enough and no amount of money will get it done. Even better if Parsons publicly calls them out after he leaves too. At this point he has to be pretty disgusted.

Surfguy

Reaction score
"You laid an egg against Green Bay. But, get psyched, team! We're all in!"
elf-will-ferrell.gif

HungryLion

Reaction score
They are sending the message, we want to get better. So if you want to stay here, shape up and play better. You can be replaced.
About time they do this.
Yeah it’s typical for incompetent leadership to blame the workers when the company is failing to meet its objectives. Rather than their own piss poor leadership.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
They are sending the message, we want to get better. So if you want to stay here, shape up and play better. You can be replaced.
About time they do this.
Tyron Smith played hella good last season. He left for $6.5 million/year. Think that was a miss. The others, no.

I do agree players need to know this FO can make the tough decisions and let non winners be replaced though.

Maybe Jimmy is telling Jerry these guys gotta prove they can win or restart and draft the new leaders of this team.

I bet we go after a QB in this draft, it’s deep. Maybe even move up to do so.

CWR

Reaction score

I'm mixed about that. He's really big into self promotion also.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyron Smith played hella good last season. He left for $6.5 million/year. Think that was a miss. The others, no.

I do agree players need to know this FO can make the tough decisions and let non winners be replaced though.

Maybe Jimmy is telling Jerry these guys gotta prove they can win or restart and draft the new leaders of this team.

I bet we go after a QB in this draft, it’s deep. Maybe even move up to do so.
Base is $6.5, over the cap has him at $12.75, with incentives it can be $20 million.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The players perception is different than fans of media.

You have young bucks in Tolbert, Bass, Williams, Fehoko, Golston, Wright, Scott, Thomas getting a chance to step up.

Either ends up good or absolutely terrible
Its a good list,,, Muk needs to be included.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I still don't see it. Sitting around doing nothing shows a lack of interest. What about the 30 other teams who haven't been sitting around? So if Jerri is interested in improving the roster, the rest of the NFL must be really REALLY REALLY interested.
Jimmy has had a good influence on this FO, the roster is being churned.