The terrible message this front office is sending to players

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. If you are a good player you love the overpaying cowboys. Usually get your deal early and be at the top of your position money wise.
2. If you can make yourself marketable you also win big here.
3. Otherwise you only want to use the boys for short 1 year deals to prove your still a good player and then quickly move on. No players sign here thinking they are going to win championships.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. If you are a good player you love the overpaying cowboys. Usually get your deal early and be at the top of your position money wise.
2. If you can make yourself marketable you also win big here.
3. Otherwise you only want to use the boys for short 1 year deals to prove your still a good player and then quickly move on. No players sign here thinking they are going to win championships.
Really.
So this is why they have not signed anyone to any big contracts so far?
Is this why most other teams are signing players to one year deals as well?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Have you really read what gets posted on here?

Many want whole sale changes. But they are getting the one they really want, not yet.
Maybe the dumb owner shouldn’t have told the fan base he was going all in to then do nothing.

Hold them accountable in the media as well since he likes to talk so much.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would anyone want to re-sign here. Minus the money of course?

This front office has now shown the locker room that they do not care about winning. They have lost too many starters to replace, and have done nothing in free agency to make this team better.

What kind of message does that send?

Well it sends a couple.

The first and probably most detrimental. We dont believe this roster is capable of winning big games. Which is a direct indictment of the current core.
The second. We arent trying to make this team better and we are blaming certain players for that.

This front office has now not only alienated their fan base for the umpteenth time. They have now also alienated their core group of players.

Guys like Lamb, and Parsons are probably thinking. "Wow. They really dont care about winning here do they?" or "They dont believe in us enough to improve this roster to get us over the hump."

Either way. This team is fixing for a very bad season coming.
Pro players understand the business side of it.....I don't think Lamb or Parsons will take less to have a better chance of winning....at least not when it comes to their first extension.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Cowboys' fans today just have a fading memory of what they once were. The older fans like me are getting sadder with each passing day. If the C'boys' FO doesn't change their ways their fans will gradually dwindle until the team will either sink or swim. Here's hoping it won't come to that. Jerry and Stephen have been content to coast along, without any fears that their brand will continue to prosper. One wonders how long they'll be able to continue their lazy ways before things deteriorate into a losing team that can longer maintain their fanbase. Only then might they wake up. It's quite possible that neither Jerry nor Stephen will still be around by then.

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Really.
So this is why they have not signed anyone to any big contracts so far?
Is this why most other teams are signing players to one year deals as well?
They only give out big deals to players they draft, with few exceptions.
Every team signs short term prove it deals. The difference is most other teams also use free agency to sign other quality players as well and the Cowboys do not typically do that. The cowboys almost exclusively draft the guys they end up paying, not that those guys actually earn the pay they get.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Have you really read what gets posted on here?

Many want whole sale changes. But they are getting the one they really want, not yet.
I hear you, just speaking for myself. Not much in the way of rational thinking on here, very reactive

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Nearly half, wow, who's blinders are wrapped too tight? Not mine. Especially if you think they do not want to get better.
They do, they just aren’t doing a great job at it. But by doing not as fans want, by sitting back for now, does not mean they do not want to improve.
I still don't see it. Sitting around doing nothing shows a lack of interest. What about the 30 other teams who haven't been sitting around? So if Jerri is interested in improving the roster, the rest of the NFL must be really REALLY REALLY interested.

TheCritic

Reaction score
LOL at Cowboys fans who complained about the team being too soft after the Packers disaster and now worried about players not getting paid. Give me a break!

Flamma

Reaction score
But it sends a bad message, Pappy :lmao: :lmao:

Yeah it sends a bad message to loser mentalities that are there for a paycheck instead of winning.
They didn't lose a single player worth keeping IMO. But at the same time, they haven't done much to get better. They're going to replace those players with other players just like them. With the addition of the draft.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
They are sending the message, we want to get better. So if you want to stay here, shape up and play better. You can be replaced.
About time they do this.
Yes let’s get better by not using free agency and hoping that the guys we do let go can be replaced by unproven players on the roster or rookies. That’ll get us to close the gap.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Why would anyone want to re-sign here. Minus the money of course?

This front office has now shown the locker room that they do not care about winning. They have lost too many starters to replace, and have done nothing in free agency to make this team better.

What kind of message does that send?

Well it sends a couple.

The first and probably most detrimental. We dont believe this roster is capable of winning big games. Which is a direct indictment of the current core.
The second. We arent trying to make this team better and we are blaming certain players for that.

This front office has now not only alienated their fan base for the umpteenth time. They have now also alienated their core group of players.

Guys like Lamb, and Parsons are probably thinking. "Wow. They really dont care about winning here do they?" or "They dont believe in us enough to improve this roster to get us over the hump."

Either way. This team is fixing for a very bad season coming.
Why do you think guys busted out of here? Organization is a joke. Stephen is in charge and it is going to get Cincinnati Bengal bad around here.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don’t think the players care as long as they get paid. They may ask for a trade later but they will get their money and re-sign. But I do agree. It sends a terrible message to your staff and players.
It's not a top priority to them, I agree. But all athletes are competitive at some level. They're going to notice what the front office is doing. Players on rookie contracts will always play their best. But will the vets just go through the motions?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
They didn't lose a single player worth keeping IMO. But at the same time, they haven't done much to get better. They're going to replace those players with other players just like them. With the addition of the draft.
Actually they're going to replace them with worse/cheaper/unproven players because they are blowing things up.

Big_D

Reaction score
They are sending the message, we want to get better. So if you want to stay here, shape up and play better. You can be replaced.
About time they do this.
lol like it’s not the front offices fault in the first place? Pure stupidity put them in this position and no one has any clue about what message they’re sending. Now it’s the players fault instead of the 2 clowns who can never be replaced?! 3 12-5 seasons in a row is the best time to do this? Not the 13 years spent with Garrett or the decade of garbage before that. These guys have no clue what they’re doing and that will just continue no matter the cap situation. This offseason is a joke, not some brilliant plan.

Last edited:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
LOL at Cowboys fans who complained about the team being too soft after the Packers disaster and now worried about players not getting paid. Give me a break!
Who is worried about the players not getting paid? I'm not. If anything they should be getting docked for that sorry arsed showing against GB.

nobody

Reaction score
I'm okay with not resigning guys who disappear in playoff games year after year. Get new blood in here.