The Texans way. The Cowboys way

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
[URL='https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/06/texans-release-keith-mumphery-max-bullough']Texans Release Bullough, Mumphery
June 2nd, 2017 at 12:22pm CST by Zach Links
Texans receiver Keith Mumphery and inside linebacker Max Bullough have been released, according to Mark Berman of FOX 26 (on Twitter). Different off-the-field issues have led to both players being jettisoned from Houston. [/URL]
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/06/texans-release-keith-mumphery-max-bullough
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/06/texans-release-keith-mumphery-max-bullough
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bullough got released because of taking PEDs. He claims that the samples were tainted. Sound familar?

All this got me to thinking...

Texans don't put up w/ this.....yet we allow undrafted free agents like Irving a free pass because we see potential????

And people wonder why we haven't won more than 2 playoff games in 20 freaking years.

The problems the Cowboys face run so much deeper. There is a culture problem in Dallas...and all the talent in the world isn't going to cure it.

Just once...I'd like to see a guy like Nolan Carroll shown the door. Accountability is a word the Cowboys need to learn. And as long as we have an owner that enables this type of behavior without consequences...it's going to continue. End of story.:rolleyes:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Texans Release Bullough, Mumphery
Texans receiver
Keith Mumphery and inside linebacker Max Bullough have been released, according to Mark Berman of FOX 26 (on Twitter). Different off-the-field issues have led to both players being jettisoned from Houston.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bullough got released because of taking PEDs. He claims that the samples were tainted. Sound familar?

Texans don't put up w/ this.....yet we allow undrafted free agents like Irving a free pass because we see potential????

And people wonder why we haven't won more than 2 playoff games in 20 freaking years.

The problems the Cowboys face run so much deeper. There is a culture problem in Dallas...and all the talent in the world isn't going to cure it.

Just once...I'd like to see a guy like Nolan Carroll shown the door. Accountability is a word the Cowboys need to learn. And as long as we have an owner that enables this type of behavior without consequences...it's going to continue. End of story.:rolleyes:
I'm really surprised a Boise State homer like yourself would dare bring up this topic.

So Floaty, are you saying we should have cut TWO of your fellow Boise State guys:
Demarcus Lawrence and Orlando Scandrick?

You know, us holding them accountable and all....

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
What the hell have the Texans ever won?

Not to mention they just got done overpaying a trash QB, and then gave away a 2nd round pick just to dump said QB.

I don't think their model is one I want my team using.

The fact that they are willing to admit a mistake and move on....should be commended. Takes balls to admit they over paid a QB...and then did something about it. If that was us....we would have let the Osweiler deal play itself out...All the way to the bitter end.:rolleyes:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'm really surprised a Boise State homer like yourself would dare bring up this topic.

So Floaty, are you saying we should have cut TWO of your fellow Boise State guys:
Demarcus Lawrence and Orlando Scandrick?

You know, us holding them accountable and all....

If the Cowboys would have done their homework in the first place....they shouldn't have been drafted where they were. I know I wouldn't have drafted them. Lawernce was suspended multiple times here in Boise. :rolleyes:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm with you on the lack of accountability here and Jerry's influence on player personnel BUT Max Bullough and Keith Mumphery are back end roster slash practice squad type players. David Irving is an impact player for us and for some reason, the front office views Carroll as starting material. Huge difference in the Texans 2 players and our 2 players.

Proximo

Reaction score
The fact that they are willing to admit a mistake and move on....should be commended. Takes balls to admit they over paid a QB...and then did something about it. If that was us....we would have let the Osweiler deal play itself out...All the way to the bitter end.:rolleyes:

LOL c'mon you can troll better than this.

This thread was a big swing and miss.

Maybe you can get one of the admins to delete it before it's too late.

jaybird

Reaction score
What the hell have the Texans ever won?

Not to mention they just got done overpaying a trash QB, and then gave away a 2nd round pick just to dump said QB.

I don't think their model is one I want my team using.
Houston was a bad example. That franchise is about as disfunctional as you can get. Every situation is a little different. But that said; I wish we do better with regards to who sign.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Texans Release Bullough, Mumphery
Texans receiver
Keith Mumphery and inside linebacker Max Bullough have been released, according to Mark Berman of FOX 26 (on Twitter). Different off-the-field issues have led to both players being jettisoned from Houston.

Shaquelle Evans: Waived by Cowboys

Evans (suspension) was waived by the Cowboys on Thursday, Nick Eatman of the Cowboys' official site reports.

Evans was handed a four-game suspension on Friday for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, and the Cowboys wasted no time getting rid of him. The third-year player has yet to play in a professional game, and will look to fight for an opportunity with another NFL club come training camp.

gmoney112

Reaction score
We have too many Cowboys fans as it is, you're welcome to leave.