The Texans way. The Cowboys way

Reaction score
Texans Release Bullough, Mumphery
June 2nd, 2017 at 12:22pm CST by Zach Links
Texans receiver
Keith Mumphery and inside linebacker Max Bullough have been released, according to Mark Berman of FOX 26 (on Twitter). Different off-the-field issues have led to both players being jettisoned from Houston.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/06/texans-release-keith-mumphery-max-bullough
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bullough got released because of taking PEDs. He claims that the samples were tainted. Sound familar?

All this got me to thinking...

Texans don't put up w/ this.....yet we allow undrafted free agents like Irving a free pass because we see potential????

And people wonder why we haven't won more than 2 playoff games in 20 freaking years.

The problems the Cowboys face run so much deeper. There is a culture problem in Dallas...and all the talent in the world isn't going to cure it.

Just once...I'd like to see a guy like Nolan Carroll shown the door. Accountability is a word the Cowboys need to learn. And as long as we have an owner that enables this type of behavior without consequences...it's going to continue. End of story.:rolleyes:
The Texans kept Brian Cushing when he was suspended. Whats up with that?

Could it be because he was a starter and an important part of the defense?

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
The fact that they are willing to admit a mistake and move on....should be commended. Takes balls to admit they over paid a QB...and then did something about it. If that was us....we would have let the Osweiler deal play itself out...All the way to the bitter end.:rolleyes:
Maybe you should be a Texans fan if you admire them so much?

irishline

Reaction score
Bullough got released because of taking PEDs. He claims that the samples were tainted. Sound familar?

All this got me to thinking...

Texans don't put up w/ this.....yet we allow undrafted free agents like Irving a free pass because we see potential????

And people wonder why we haven't won more than 2 playoff games in 20 freaking years.

You mean like they did when a starter named Brian Cushing was cut for testing positive for PED's and blamed it on "Overtrained Athlete Syndrome"? They did cut him didn't they? Wait, nope he started 13 games for them last season.

Or when they cut Duane Brown their starting Left Tackle when he was busted for a substance abuse violation in 2010? Oh wait he is still their starting left tackle.

While agree with you on accountability, these were back of the line players for the Texans. As others have said, come back to me when they release someone important.

Jimmy Johnson theory
Reality is neither jimmy or the Texans have cut any starters

I'm with you on the lack of accountability here and Jerry's influence on player personnel BUT Max Bullough and Keith Mumphery are back end roster slash practice squad type players. David Irving is an impact player for us and for some reason, the front office views Carroll as starting material. Huge difference in the Texans 2 players and our 2 players.

Houston was a bad example. That franchise is about as disfunctional as you can get. Every situation is a little different. But that said; I wish we do better with regards to who sign.

All of these.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
@Floaty you make a compelling case and I think you should run with it... not that the Texan way > Cowboys way. No the case you make is that you are clearly crying for permission to switch loyalties... go for it, be a Texans fan over a Cowboys fan. It's okay so just be honest with yourself and just do it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread was a big swing and miss.
th

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
@Floaty you make a compelling case and I think you should run with it... not that the Texan way > Cowboys way. No the case you make is that you are clearly crying for permission to switch loyalties... go for it, be a Texans fan over a Cowboys fan. It's okay so just be honest with yourself and just do it.

Nope...All I'm asking for is Cowboy accountability. Didn't know I was asking for the world....or the impossible. People can bash me all they want. But deep in everyones heart.....they know I'm right. And that's ok....I can take the heat....because I know the truth....And anyone w/ an open mind will see it too.:)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kellen Moore could legitimately start in Houston

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nope...All I'm asking for is Cowboy accountability. Didn't know I was asking for the world....or the impossible. People can bash me all they want. But deep in everyones heart.....they know I'm right. And that's ok....I can take the heat....because I know the truth....And anyone w/ an open mind will see it too.:)
Understand this with an open mind... not everything you think to be truth now will remain true to you forever. Does that mean those things were only true when you believed them but became false only when you learned they were wrong? No it means you were wrong the whole time and just came to realize it later.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Understand this with an open mind... not everything you think to be truth now will remain true to you forever. Does that mean those things were only true when you believed them but became false only when you learned they were wrong? No it means you were wrong the whole time and just came to realize it later.

You give too much credit. He will never realize the truth that he was wrong the whole time.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You give too much credit. He will never realize the truth that he was wrong the whole time.

I can admit if I'm wrong. Got no problem with that. The fact that the Cowboys have 20+ years worth of bumbling w/ 2 playoff wins just goes to show....there has been a problem here in Dallas....for a long time. And it doesn't look like it's going to be corrected anytime soon.:rolleyes: