The Thanksgiving followed by Thursday game schedule

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You're right the ravens are at home this week and then on the road for turkeyday and then back home the following week against the Cowboys. Also you really can't count 2015 because they had 11 days off before they played the skins. Also 2017 you have the wrong games and all three games were home games. Home eagles, home chargers and home skins according to the Cowboys own site. 2018 the second two games were at home. The point I was making is that there have only been a couple times that both the game before turkeyday and the game after turkey day on Thursday were road games. Again I don't agree to doing that but on the other side after that 3rd game the Cowboys get 10 days off.
Thanks.. I was off by a week on that year.. old eyes playin tricks on me.. so this year will mark the 3rd time in the last 6 seasons and the second in a row. Less pain than I originally thought.. but still more pain than any other team I would wager. Even at that I apologize if I made it seem like the whole road game thing is the main issue. It really isn't. The main problem is the 3 games in 11 or 12 days regardless of location. The home/away thing merely speaks to the level of game preparation because it robs you of a prep day to travel. But make no mistake, it's the toll on the bodies that I am most concerned with. Obviously the younger the team you have the less of a concern it is.. but this isn't 2016 when we were the youngest team in the league.. and by the way we went 3-0 in the 3 game stretch that year. We're a decidedly older team now and the turnaround is that much more taxing.

aria

Reaction score
Fine then let their team play 3 games in that short a span every year and get back to me..
Did they volunteer for the Thanksgiving Day game because Jerry enjoys the limelight so much? No, they didn’t, blame Jerry not the league and stop your damn whining and crying.

aria

Reaction score
And get this Ronnie, you know who else wanted the spotlight? The Lions and the Lions have 3 games in a 15 day span, 2 away, but they didn’t get a BYE before the first game of the stretch like we did which makes up for the extra few days they get.

Imagine that, the two teams who wanted the Thanksgiving Day game don’t get special exceptions because THEY’RE the ones who wanted that prime time game. I’m sure other teams would be glad to have it and they wouldn’t cry about their team getting older and how unfair it is.

Remember last year when Philthy complained about not being able to get a TDay game and how many people here said “too bad, you had your chance” well this is part of the price you pay. Dollars to donuts Jerry would never give up that day so deal with it and take it up with Jerry if it bothers you that much.

IMOF, just ban the game, don’t watch it. Maybe if enough people share your tears then the ratings will suck so bad that Jerry would think about giving it up for maybe 1 second.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Did they volunteer for the Thanksgiving Day game because Jerry enjoys the limelight so much? No, they didn’t, blame Jerry not the league and stop your damn whining and crying.

Dude I don't know where you went to school but wherever it was you need to go back and learn how to construct a sentence that conveys your meaning. I've read this tripe three times and I'm still not sure who "they" are. The Cowboys began playing on Thanksgiving 25 years before Jerry bought the team.. and probably about 30 years before you were born. The other owners complained about it back in the 70's because the Cowboys would typically crush the Thanksgiving opponent then crush the next team after the 10 day layoff and they actually rotated other teams in for a couple of years until the ratings came in half what it was with the Cowboys and the league begged the Cowboys to come back! Schramm and Co. agreed to it only if they could always be guaranteed a home game the Sunday before so as not to have to travel that week.

P.S. I might stop talking about topics that interest me when you stop "whining and crying" about how much you hate Zeke and how overpaid he is. .. He makes a million bucks a game.. and there's nothing you can do about it.. Deal with it.

aria

Reaction score
Dude I don't know where you went to school but wherever it was you need to go back and learn how to construct a sentence that conveys your meaning. I've read this tripe three times and I'm still not sure who "they" are. The Cowboys began playing on Thanksgiving 25 years before Jerry bought the team.. and probably about 30 years before you were born. The other owners complained about it back in the 70's because the Cowboys would typically crush the Thanksgiving opponent then crush the next team after the 10 day layoff and they actually rotated other teams in for a couple of years until the ratings came in half what it was with the Cowboys and the league begged the Cowboys to come back! Schramm and Co. agreed to it only if they could always be guaranteed a home game the Sunday before so as not to have to travel that week.

P.S. I might stop talking about topics that interest me when you stop "whining and crying" about how much you hate Zeke and how overpaid he is. .. He makes a million bucks a game.. and there's nothing you can do about it.. Deal with it.
I’m sorry, I thought “they” was obvious. “They” would be all the other NFL teams minus Detroit, sorry to confuse you.

So the Cowboys got preferential treatment even several decades ago by being granted the biggest prime time game of the season and now your complaining about it? Zeke is a lot more relevant to this team then a small inconvenience in scheduling to have the privilege to play on Thanksgiving. Once the ewok is gone, and you get off his jock strap, then you won’t hear me whining and crying about a fraud of a RB who should be arrested for theft for taking the money Jerry is paying him.

cern

Reaction score
I wish we could get alex the talking african grey parrot or koko the signing gorilla here for a guest appearance. But both are dead. I could contribute some broken records.:)

aria

Reaction score
I wish we could get alex the talking african grey parrot or koko the signing gorilla here for a guest appearance. But both are dead. I could contribute some broken records.:)
Were they both delusional and/or suffer from dementia? If they were they I think they’ve been reincarnated in several of these threads :)

cern

Reaction score
Were they both delusional and/or suffer from dementia? If they were they I think they’ve been reincarnated in several of these threads :)
Neither was judgmental. One of the best ways a person knows he's made his point is he stops talking about it.

aria

Reaction score
Neither was judgmental. One of the best ways a person knows he's made his point is he stops talking about it.
Not when the delusional person he’s talking to continues to argue that point with fallacies and inaccuracies.

BTW, Koko was great and Greys are capable of learning over 1,000 words!

cern

Reaction score
Not when the delusional person he’s talking to continues to argue that point with fallacies and inaccuracies.

BTW, Koko was great and Greys are capable of learning over 1,000 words!
I had a grey. Lived 41 years. He could mimic hundreds of words and imitate any bird he heard. Drove the mocking birds nuts.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
did you miss all the references to “year in and year out” and previous game examples?
Dude just asked if anyone else dislikes it.
Shut up! No one appointed you the referee of the discussion. This thread has been open almost a full 24 hours and you're the first with a complaint about my post. Do as others do by not starting this BS complaining. It achieves nothing. For once, resist the temptation to be a trouble maker around here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this sucks? This team plays a late game on the road followed by a home game less than 4 days later.. then another game on the road 7 days hence. 3 games in a 12 day span, two on the road. I'm sorry but that is absolute garbage. Is there another team being asked to do this year in and year out? I think it absolutely has hamstrung our team in years past. If a player gets hurt on the game before the pre-Thanksgiving Sunday he's pretty much guaranteed to miss three games. I know Jerry loves being on national TV but this crap is beating the hell out of his team. Someway some how we have to get out of that damn hamster wheel. It was especially unfair the year they played the Sunday night game at the Giants then the Eagles on Thanksgiving.. They got back from NYC at like 4 am.. then had practice at like 10 or 11 that day. Wanna venture a guess how guys bodies felt during that practice?
pretty much like the last few yaes..im am used to it. MM and this new staff better learn quick about quick turnarounds..

Proof

Reaction score
Shut up! No one appointed you the referee of the discussion. This thread has been open almost a full 24 hours and you're the first with a complaint about my post. Do as others do by not starting this BS complaining. It achieves nothing. For once, resist the temptation to be a trouble maker around here.

Fake news. I was deputized just this very morning and sworn in unanimously. All future threads will be refereed by me and solely through my lens, and now you’re on my list. You chose the wrong post to go through puberty on sir, use your shut ups more wisely in the future.

Also it wasn’t a complaint. It was an observation. Grow up

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is ongoing proof of the NFL owners’ lack of concern about player safety. Playing 3 NFL games in 12 days is brutal. The whole Thurs night football thing is ridiculous. Having Thanksgiving Day games is one thing. A weekly matchup on Thurs is not putting your players- your product- in a safe environment.
but woods was correct how can you expect all 22 starters to go 100% for 100% of the snaps LOL its fact if you arent near the play or its opposite your side or it looks covered players dont go 100% 100% of the time..so this young backup group about to get a typical years worth of snaps for them, in 3 games lol