The thing about Diggs

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Bad play for him, no question but this is more any exception imo coz what you think he did when this showed up during film sessions with his teammates, and trust me, he can't fool them. In other words, I need more sampling, singling one play is not enough.

visionary

Reaction score
Bad play for him, no question but this is more any exception imo coz what you think he did when this showed up during film sessions with his teammates, and trust me, he can't fool them. In other words, I need more sampling, singling one play is not enough.

not buying it
Jaylon “fooled them” for years
this team likes to talk but has typically not had player leaders willing to step up and hold themselves and others accountable
The HCs are typically weak because of the GM

this creates.a culture of lack of discipline and accountability

Brooksey

Reaction score
I posted a few times about this in last week’s game thread. I didn’t like what I saw from Diggs in terms of his effort playing defense outside of coverage.

I can already anticipate the responses “I don’t need my CB tackling….as long as he’s getting turnovers…”

That’s the thing…the turnovers mask his deficiencies. His game against KC was probably one of his most egregious where I saw plainly attaching himself to blockers as the play went by him; this was a favorite technique of Mo Claiborne when he was here. Not every play is a pass play. If you have a defender that doesn’t like the physical aspects of the game it’s like you’re playing defense with 10 guys.

Hopefully it gets corrected because we’ve seen him do better but I know others are starting to notice this about his game.

Dude he's covering Kelce lol

RonWashington

Reaction score
Dude he's covering Kelce lol

Hooker came clear across the field make a tackle . Kazee Kearse Hooker ….all three need to return in 2022 . This is such a better group then the the Jeff Heath Xavier Woods Kavon Frazier days. I like Donovan Wilson a lot he’s active can get you the interception good tackler but he can’t seem to stay healthy .

# 7 least of Dallas problems. 31 other teams would love to start him

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
not buying it
Jaylon “fooled them” for years
this team likes to talk but has typically not had player leaders willing to step up and hold themselves and others accountable
The HCs are typically weak because of the GM

this creates.a culture of lack of discipline and accountability

I get what you're saying and even agree to a point. I'm saying one playing isn't enough to make a sound assessment about his run support. I'd love to hear from him or his coach what happened on the play. Also, since you mention lack of accountability, can we be sure his teammates and/or coaches haven't called him out if he was indeed dogging it we are suggesting?

visionary

Reaction score
I get what you're saying and even agree to a point. I'm saying one playing isn't enough to make a sound assessment about his run support. I'd love to hear from him or his coach what happened on the play. Also, since you mention lack of accountability, can we be sure his teammates and/or coaches haven't called him out if he was indeed dogging it we are suggesting?

hes been plat undisciplined football for weeks, getting beat on double moves etc. This is not an isolated incident

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
hes been plat undisciplined football for weeks, getting beat on double moves etc. This is not an isolated incident

I guess I'm asking where are you going with this.........are you suggesting we bench him.

Brooksey

Reaction score

No it's not a bad play by Diggs, he's covering Kelce one on one...rewatch

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I posted a few times about this in last week’s game thread. I didn’t like what I saw from Diggs in terms of his effort playing defense outside of coverage.

I can already anticipate the responses “I don’t need my CB tackling….as long as he’s getting turnovers…”

That’s the thing…the turnovers mask his deficiencies. His game against KC was probably one of his most egregious where I saw plainly attaching himself to blockers as the play went by him; this was a favorite technique of Mo Claiborne when he was here. Not every play is a pass play. If you have a defender that doesn’t like the physical aspects of the game it’s like you’re playing defense with 10 guys.

Hopefully it gets corrected because we’ve seen him do better but I know others are starting to notice this about his game.

I guarantee this didn’t happen in Alabama under Saban. The Dallas culture can make a good player feel pretty special and entitled quickly. Happens all the time. Let’s hope Diggs doesn’t get ruined.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I guarantee this didn’t happen in Alabama under Saban. The Dallas culture can make a good player feel pretty special and entitled quickly. Happens all the time. Let’s hope Diggs doesn’t get ruined.

There's a lot of bad tape coming out of twitter, he's on a spy mission on Kelce which worked really well in the game.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Good Lord. One play, and don’t forget he’s just a second year player. All I can do is shake my head at some posters on here. It’s like a freaking circus. Full of clowns.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The thing about Diggs is that he makes phenomenal game change game winning plays and he is awesome. That is the thing about Diggs.

visionary

Reaction score
I guess I'm asking where are you going with this.........are you suggesting we bench him.

Of course not
I’m suggesting that the HC and DC should have a sit down heart to heart with him and reinforce the importance of team defense
If he still does not listen then it may be time to not start him to send a message

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Diggs is a decent corner with exceptional ball skills. My hope is he continues to get better at covering guys but one thing is for sure: if the passes are not on point he will eat you alive.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Diggs seems to be around the ball a lot. It bounces his way and he has quick reflexes. Usually covers ok. But will give one up over the top.. His game can still improve..

RandyOh

Reaction score
He may still think he’s a WR stuck playing corner. Hopefully his run support efforts improve throughout the rest of the season.