The thing about Diggs

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Diggs has 30 tackles on the season. Everybody's favorite "war daddy" Gregory has 10. You tell me who is afraid to help stop the run.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
This is brilliant. He's got almost a career worth of ints for most starting CBS but, yeah, you can improve him

WTH…are you talking about???? I know it’s Thanksgiving, but do the board and favor and don’t drink and post.

TheHerd

Reaction score
That play was inexcusable. But I’ve seen other plays where he sticks his nose in. Someone with All-22 find one

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I posted a few times about this in last week’s game thread. I didn’t like what I saw from Diggs in terms of his effort playing defense outside of coverage.

I can already anticipate the responses “I don’t need my CB tackling….as long as he’s getting turnovers…”

That’s the thing…the turnovers mask his deficiencies. His game against KC was probably one of his most egregious where I saw plainly attaching himself to blockers as the play went by him; this was a favorite technique of Mo Claiborne when he was here. Not every play is a pass play. If you have a defender that doesn’t like the physical aspects of the game it’s like you’re playing defense with 10 guys.

Hopefully it gets corrected because we’ve seen him do better but I know others are starting to notice this about his game.

:facepalm:

That proves nothing.

He initially plays for the cut-back and by the time that's not an option he is far removed from the play.

We can't see if he ran down field after he was out of the camera frame.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The thing about Diggs is he makes plays and he gives up plays. Feast or famine.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I'm not pouring over game film but I have noticed that a few times from him watching the games live. Not quite as bad as this play, but a lack of effort in run support. What's confounding about this is Diggs has shown the ability to be strong in run support.
Could be he is still banged up. Not sure if you guys remember but a few weeks ago he was in and out with some type of injury.

Not giving excuses but perhaps he doesn't want to make it worst...... not that i agree, just giving a different perspective

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I don't think he's soft I just think he's making "businesses decisions"...either way I think Brown and Lewis are the opposite in that regard. But you take what you get with Diggs....if you are going to give my unit 8 interceptions then I really don't give a damn what you do honestly.

his business decision was to sign his rookie deal, and play football for the amount he was paid. Tackling and putting your body as risk is something every position signs up for. He is not deon.

He is a big corner. Little scandrik injured more players than he has tackles on running plays

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
his business decision was to sign his rookie deal, and play football for the amount he was paid. Tackling and putting your body as risk is something every position signs up for. He is not deon.

He is a big corner. Little scandrik injured more players than he has tackles on running plays
Well he’s exceeding his pay with 8 picks so what he gets paid is irrelevant.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
:facepalm:

That proves nothing.

He initially plays for the cut-back and by the time that's not an option he is far removed from the play.

We can't see if he ran down field after he was out of the camera frame.

Lol, yeah, he was the only guy on the team that was fooled.

Just shuddup X, lol.

You already embarrassed yourself with you”Jaylon’s not that bad” posts, followed by your “Actually, Connor Williams is dominant” threads, followed by your “Mike Nolan is what this defense needs” threads.

If there is a single person on the forum that shouldn’t be trying to breakdown anything football related it’s you.

Oh, but we’re forever grateful for your “Connor McGovern uses a reverse grip on his snaps” threads.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I posted a few times about this in last week’s game thread. I didn’t like what I saw from Diggs in terms of his effort playing defense outside of coverage.

I can already anticipate the responses “I don’t need my CB tackling….as long as he’s getting turnovers…”

That’s the thing…the turnovers mask his deficiencies. His game against KC was probably one of his most egregious where I saw plainly attaching himself to blockers as the play went by him; this was a favorite technique of Mo Claiborne when he was here. Not every play is a pass play. If you have a defender that doesn’t like the physical aspects of the game it’s like you’re playing defense with 10 guys.

Hopefully it gets corrected because we’ve seen him do better but I know others are starting to notice this about his game.

He also spends too much effort trying to strip the ball as the runner is getting more yardage.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I like Diggs too, and what he is doing. But if he turns out to be a weak football player, that will suck. Especially on defense.

I dont mind him giving up pass plays to be aggressive right now, but you dont give up runs because you don't want to get in there.