The toll on Micah Parson's body being a DE vs other positions

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We know Micah is undersized at his position, and that his body takes a toll from going up against guys that are much bigger than he is. With that said, how does it compare to the other players at different positions whose body takes a toll from going up against bigger human beings?

RB's they're constantly getting hit by defenders and at times guys that are way bigger than they are, but they continue to play. QB's get sacked, they get sacked by pass rushers, and at times guys that are big nasty disgusting DL, yet they have to keep on going.

Are we being too soft on Micah, or does he need to realize that this is the position that he signed up for?

Interested to know your thoughts, I realize that the examples I've given are different from being a pass rusher, BUT in terms of contact, these players are getting hit a lot too!!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Injuries happen. I don’t think this had anything to do with his size. Did you see the play. It was just one of those things that happens.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Injuries happen. I don’t think this had anything to do with his size. Did you see the play. It was just one of those things that happens.
I hear you, i'm not focusing on the injury aspect of it all, but the fact that so many people say "there's a toll on his body" going up against OT's all game long etc

rags747

Reaction score
DE may be the only position that he can play effectively, when is the last time u have seen him play LB’er for a full game?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
TJ Watt constantly misses and nobody wants to change his position.

Parsons is fine.

Hes a jag at linebacker. Just is what it is.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence is a big dude and he’s injured.

Football players get hurt. Water is wet.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
TJ Watt constantly misses and nobody wants to change his position.

Parsons is fine.

Hes a jag at linebacker. Just is what it is.
If we bring in someone like Belichick next year, we might switch to the 3-4 and Parsons would be an outside linebacker. I think that actually might be good for his career, even though 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE share a lot of the same responsibilities.

HungryLion

Reaction score
My son just broke his leg a few weeks ago on a similar play getting rolled up from behind. And he isn’t undersized for the position (at his age group).

Just one of those things. Getting hit in the back of the knee like that just leads to leg injuries.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
it's not his size, it's the lack of help the Jones' have put on the DL to help contain the double and triple teams he is getting the last 2 seasons.