The toll on Micah Parson's body being a DE vs other positions

CCBoy

Reaction score
The problem is when the opposition decides to run the ball. He is not effective against the run from DE bc he's getting overpowered by bigger humans. This wears him down. Zimmer moves him around but only on passing downs. He needs to be on his feet behind the DL so he can see better, diagnose plays, and use his speed to run to the ball. This defense needs a run stopping LB more than anything else right now and Micah could do that job if he wasn't down in a 3 point stance most of the game.
One plays a member where his talent dictates. Top players go around 9 years. Match up or move on. No crying on boo boos.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He just wants to be paid 35 million so he keeps playing out of position

A real GM and HC would play him at LB or trade him but unfortunately we have neither

Watch is sign him to 35 million/y deal and then we will be stuck with this idiot
I think this is true. Him and his agent want the big money position.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
This conversation reminds me a lot of the Dez conversations. People used to want to move him all over and do all sorts of creative and complex things with him. He had zero brain cells. His super power was his god tier physical gifts. You ride those until they fade then you cut him loose. Parsons is the exact same.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This conversation reminds me a lot of the Dez conversations. People used to want to move him all over and do all sorts of creative and complex things with him. He had zero brain cells. His super power was his god tier physical gifts. You ride those until they fade then you cut him loose. Parsons is the exact same.
Dez throw the fade that's it!!!!!!!!!!! Micah i'm not sure what is it, use your speed and complain about being exhausted?? Run up the field real quick and take yourself out of the play

CCBoy

Reaction score
Don’t drink and post
That is your mind set, cry set. Take a healthy sandwhich break. Then save YOUR recipe for game day. Try contributing after consuming something good for you.

Try the real game...by the way what position did you play? As to real credability...

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I agree, although I will say we don't have the personnel for BB's system on D.

It would be an adjustment period that Jerry and Stephen would be against, unless we have a losing record. Which might happen, but we need more information at this time. We would have to lose alot before BB would get a chance at all.
Not sure. I think both Kneeland (a little iffy) and Parsons could move to OLB. Overshown could be one of the ILBs. Liufua could possibly be the other one. Pretty much all of our DTs (Golston, Odighizuwa and the scrubs we picked up) are all free agents next year and so is Lawrence, so we either have to sign or replace them anyway. Mazi is basically the only DT we have returning. Obviously, it might not be a perfect transition, but what we're doing doesn't seem to be perfect this year, either, so it may take a pretty good overhaul to get our defense to be what it needs to be.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do not think anything compares to going up against an OL every play. You don't see many if any OL around 240-250. They are all pretty big dudes, I imagine they average 290-300lbs maybe more. Constantly battling guys 30-50+lbs heavier than yourself will wear you out. This is why many of us want him at linebacker more so the DL can engage the OL and Micah can be a bit more free. The way they use him takes a hard position and makes it harder.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We know Micah is undersized at his position, and that his body takes a toll from going up against guys that are much bigger than he is. With that said, how does it compare to the other players at different positions whose body takes a toll from going up against bigger human beings?

RB's they're constantly getting hit by defenders and at times guys that are way bigger than they are, but they continue to play. QB's get sacked, they get sacked by pass rushers, and at times guys that are big nasty disgusting DL, yet they have to keep on going.

Are we being too soft on Micah, or does he need to realize that this is the position that he signed up for?

Interested to know your thoughts, I realize that the examples I've given are different from being a pass rusher, BUT in terms of contact, these players are getting hit a lot too!!
Micah is all about speed.

when that goes, like Zeke, then he will be average.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
he's NOT a DE!!! Just another silly clown car running through the Star type decisions......

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
They don’t play forever.

hes an elite DE.

Yes but when you are outweighed by even 20 pounds that adds up and most of the time he gives up way more than that. After a while it gets to you and after a while brute strength will take over no matter how gifted you are. Having played at the college level I know first hand.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
More reason why giving him an absurd contract is stupid.

This guy could end up being the defensive version of Zeke -- worn down after the first year of the 2nd contract.

Trade the guy now

DuncanIso

Reaction score
More reason why giving him an absurd contract is stupid.

This guy could end up being the defensive version of Zeke -- worn down after the first year of the 2nd contract.

Trade the guy now
Sure.

let him wear out his body on a rookie contract.

then get rid of him.

NFL greed.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think this is true. Him and his agent want the big money position.
I’d have 0 issues letting him walk but I’d much rather trade him and get something for him but neither will happen

Jerry will get bent over without lube and we’ll somehow lose Tyler smith

Sydla

Reaction score
We know Micah is undersized at his position, and that his body takes a toll from going up against guys that are much bigger than he is. With that said, how does it compare to the other players at different positions whose body takes a toll from going up against bigger human beings?

RB's they're constantly getting hit by defenders and at times guys that are way bigger than they are, but they continue to play. QB's get sacked, they get sacked by pass rushers, and at times guys that are big nasty disgusting DL, yet they have to keep on going.

Are we being too soft on Micah, or does he need to realize that this is the position that he signed up for?

Interested to know your thoughts, I realize that the examples I've given are different from being a pass rusher, BUT in terms of contact, these players are getting hit a lot too!!
He got rolled up on, right?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Sure.

let him wear out his body on a rookie contract.

then get rid of him.

NFL greed.
Not sure if this is a serious suggestion or not.

I’m actually hoping that Micah gets to play in a defense nore suited to his skills— allow him to be a weapon and not a load bearing cornerstone.

But if you let him walk after his contract, you’re only getting a comp pick. Why not trade him for a 1st and 3rd now and save a lot of cap space?

dfense

Reaction score
Teams are going to run at a 245 pound DE all day. The Ravens sent a FB at him with the OT.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d have 0 issues letting him walk but I’d much rather trade him and get something for him but neither will happen

Jerry will get bent over without lube and we’ll somehow lose Tyler smith
One of the big problems with Jerry and Stephen running the front office is that they just aren't good at swinging trades. That why we rely exclusively on the draft and dumpster dives to fill the roster. It is not a strategy for success to continually look at the roster with rose colored glasses and not address flaws and shortcomings. There I no excuse for the team to go into a season with so little at rb and ignore the position in the draft. I saw the problem. How could they not?