The Trey Lance Pick Gets Worse

Chasing6

Reaction score
Honestly the kid was surprised by the whole thing. He’s JV, moving to Varsity…lives a few blocks from the practice turf and was called up there to help and found out those two were throwing. Now he and Lance bonded. Just a fun story
All NFL QB's are going to be impressive to Varsity player. Awesome experience for him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would be taking the Trance situation more seriously, if he was working out with CD, Ferguson, etc.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
if Lance shows any progress during camp and preseason, we can sign him to a new deal instead of just picking up the 5th year option.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy G left after the 2022 season. Lance will very likely end up a wasted 4th round pick. No one trades a 4th round pick for a backup QB and that’s the best we can hope for with Lance. I would rather have that pick back and the Cowboys could be wishing the same thing.
Ypu have such great confidence in our draft adeptness. Interesting.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
That may be so but the thing you're missing here is that little stat sheet that was put up a long time ago that 95 quarterbacks have been drafted since 2016 you know the year Prescott was drafted, and only one has won the Super bowl....​
if you look around the league drafting quarterbacks is not a guarantee or a blueprint, so I don't know how many times you would like them to do it, I mean New England did it how many times did New England get somebody behind Tom Brady and now what they still don't have a quarterback to replace Tom Brady, as a matter of fact it got Bill Belichick fired how that happened I don't know...​

If it were easy to find a quarterback, why does this league past say the first 12 or 15 teams starving for a quarterback?? they literally are so desperate they would give three first round picks to move up for an unproven player like Trey Lance and then fail and then accidentally stumble upon Brock Purdy the last player taken in the draft that was an accident...

Think about this if it were easy to find a quarterback, even a starter let alone you want, find a starter and then his heir apparent, then why is it that teams like Denver ,The Jets, and Cleveland who spent years with first round draft picks some of them I remember back when Cleveland was so bad they had three first round draft picks a couple years in a row never found their Qback.. One of these three teams do they use precious resources you know big time draft picks and go get guys like Deshaun Watson Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson and then hand him a giant contract... I mean how many quarterbacks has a lot of the league been through trying to find a starter let alone two guys?? I mean how long has it been since Peyton Manning left Indianapolis ? have they found their guy ,maybe, wasnt that like 8 years ago? like I can't remember when he left but he they sure have been through a lot of quarterbacks. so they gave up on Peyton he goes and wins sb with Denver and now both teams still haven't found a qb, let alone 2 ..hmm

Here the Dallas Cowboys just choose to just pay that overpriced market contract that a lot of teams are doing at least they're not giving up precious draft picks to get a top starting qb, it is not a guarantee or a given that the guys here drafting that sit for three years are going to turn out to be anything and by the way the first five or six games last year in their own fan base we're ready to throw Jordan love overboard saying he wasn't any good people were starting to question it...on that note let see how he plays this year..9 good games doesn't cement a career, see nick foles..

So again, in a quarterback starved league, you expect the Cowboys to find their hear apparent just like that just put them there and then in three years later he's your auto starter and he's taking you to the second round of the playoffs?? Is that how you think this works maybe you haven't been paying attention but it's an outlier to get what GB got, it's not how it typically works to find your quarterback especially in air apparent, so you wanted to find two good quarterbacks when most teams are struggling to find one....??!!​
.​
You are kidding yourself if you think I'm going to read all that.

I've seen you say before that the reason your posts are so ridiculous is because you use talk to text.

All I can say to that is... you talk too much.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You are kidding yourself if you think I'm going to read all that.

I've seen you say before that the reason your posts are so ridiculous is because you use talk to text.

All I can say to that is... you talk too much.
Haha

Motorola

Reaction score
if Lance shows any progress during camp and preseason, we can sign him to a new deal instead of just picking up the 5th year option.
he's in his 4th year this year at 5 mil, next year is his 5th option year
When is the cut off?

I thought we already picked up Micah's.
Cowboys previously made it clear at the beginning of this month THEY ARE NOT picking up Trey Lance's 5th year option on his rookie contract.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You mean any progress from holding a clipboard?

Everything will be progress from last year. He literally did not nothing in Dallas last year. He missed all of camp and preseason with the Niners.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He has to earn that...
He apparently is throwing to HS Varsity kids. I guess he is where he belongs, since he only completed 55 receptions in HS.

Has to start somewhere, but don't worry, he is a phenom.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
You mean any progress from holding a clipboard?

Everything will be progress from last year. He literally did not nothing in Dallas last year. He missed all of camp and preseason with the Niners.
You are so absolute in your OPINION it's laughable. Sitting a year or two have been beneficial to many QBs. So until you see him on the field in preseason your opinions are

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys need to trade Trey Lance and get a 4th round pick back. Too many holes to fill in 2023 and not enough draft picks. It doesn't get any more ignorant than carrying a 3rd string QB, paying him more ($5 mil) than your backup ($3 mil) and occupying a much needed roster spot once again...just because the owner is a fool who caves to the hordes of Dak haters.
Would the owner still be a Fool if he caved and listened to Dak Lovers ?

Chasing6

Reaction score
You are so absolute in your OPINION it's laughable. Sitting a year or two have been beneficial to many QBs. So until you see him on the field in preseason your opinions are
He has sat more years than he has played. The kid literally has only played 1 year of football his entire life.

If it was only that is.