The Trey Lance Pick Gets Worse

Chasing6

Reaction score
If you think the Joneses are preparing the team to tank in 2024 then you’re listening to too many here. Lance is a project and Jerry made the decision to try and develop him. McCarthy will not play him in meaningful games if he’s not looking good. McCarthy’s job is on the line and he’ll play the QB that gives the team the best chance of winning.
He is not preparing the team to win a SB. Pretty sure we can all see that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes I do feel Romo could read a defense at the end of his career.. when he finally became a decent QB they sat him.

Your posts are ridiculous.. you need to go to Journalism school.. the first thing they will teach you is not to use 500 words when you can use 5.
Really??!! you mean a social media poster on a meaningless site needs to go to journalism school??? LMAO ok UMM NO, I use text to talk that was invented for the Internet , including you, so this is a time waster and I'm finding ways to save time and I'll keep posting as there isnt a character limit like twitter or FB this is a Forum, I see others some are admins and mods with as long of posts.

I think you're absolute entire premise is ridiculous, your opinion is wrong, and it's ridiculous that you don't think Prescott can read the defense lmao ok fake azz fan gm, the internet guru experts has spoken!!

You don't build a resume like his if you can't read the defense, as a matter of fact you want proof the blitz, the blitz pick up he's one of the best quarterbacks in the league at beating the blitz, it's why they have to use A 2 deep max zone and they really clutter up the back end and only send four guys and still put pressure on Prescott and then he has nowhere to throw because he doesn't have a run game and he doesn't have a solid enough offensive line to where you can hold the ball long enough to find a guy with no separation rates,

I mean you want to talk about my post being ridiculous, yours are just out there with ridiculous premises and narratives that are not true Prescott's resume says he can read a defense....

you're not an athlete, you're not on the team, and the narrative was made-up by the fan base not by any coaches or any players..

the man knows how to play football or he wouldn't still be playing at this high level,

so yes he can read defenses and no quarterback is perfect,,, too many moving pieces is why we call this a team game you have the offensive line the run game the blocking guys have to run routes and get open you have to catch the ball when it hits him in the hands... I mean the design of the plays it's all part of this game that is why sometimes things don't look like it's working and you can blame the quarterback all you want and it's not true in most cases...

LittleD

Reaction score
Welcome Trey Lance as your QB1 next season. The Tank is coming...no, the Tank is here.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Really??!! you mean a social media poster on a meaningless site needs to go to journalism school??? LMAO ok UMM NO, I use text to talk that was invented for the Internet , including you, so this is a time waster and I'm finding ways to save time and I'll keep posting as there isnt a character limit like twitter or FB this is a Forum, I see others some are admins and mods with as long of posts.

I think you're absolute entire premise is ridiculous, your opinion is wrong, and it's ridiculous that you don't think Prescott can read the defense lmao ok fake azz fan gm, the internet guru experts has spoken!!

You don't build a resume like his if you can't read the defense, as a matter of fact you want proof the blitz, the blitz pick up he's one of the best quarterbacks in the league at beating the blitz, it's why they have to use A 2 deep max zone and they really clutter up the back end and only send four guys and still put pressure on Prescott and then he has nowhere to throw because he doesn't have a run game and he doesn't have a solid enough offensive line to where you can hold the ball long enough to find a guy with no separation rates,

I mean you want to talk about my post being ridiculous, yours are just out there with ridiculous premises and narratives that are not true Prescott's resume says he can read a defense....

you're not an athlete, you're not on the team, and the narrative was made-up by the fan base not by any coaches or any players..

the man knows how to play football or he wouldn't still be playing at this high level,

so yes he can read defenses and no quarterback is perfect,,, too many moving pieces is why we call this a team game you have the offensive line the run game the blocking guys have to run routes and get open you have to catch the ball when it hits him in the hands... I mean the design of the plays it's all part of this game that is why sometimes things don't look like it's working and you can blame the quarterback all you want and it's not true in most cases...
You are throwing your toys out of the cot over NOTHING.

I didn't bash Dak.. I didn't even say he can't read a defense.

My premise was simply.. I wish the Boys were a bit more like Green Bay.. draft a QB and let him sit behind the starter for a couple of years... works great for them.

Maybe they will do that with Lance.. but who the hell knows what the Jones clan will do.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It’s about winning games and if he doesn’t look good in camp and preseason he won’t be given the job. Rush has proven we can win some games with him.
Last time Lance had a competitive camp was 2022.

He took the job from JimmyG.

This is his first off-season with us.

Expectations are very high on the kid.

I think Rush’s job is safe though. He won’t be cut.

Since the Dak drama continues to play out, and the Post June 1 cut looks off the table, the best option for Lance in 2024 is a Dak benching.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
if Lance shows up for camp and preseason and plays well, not only will he pass Cooper but put pressure on Dak if the season isn’t going well

kskboys

Reaction score

Since the Dak drama continues to play out, and the Post June 1 cut looks off the table, the best option for Lance in 2024 is a Dak benching.
He was given the job over JimmyG. I think you have a hearing problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
You are throwing your toys out of the cot over NOTHING.

I didn't bash Dak.. I didn't even say he can't read a defense.

My premise was simply.. I wish the Boys were a bit more like Green Bay.. draft a QB and let him sit behind the starter for a couple of years... works great for them.

Maybe they will do that with Lance.. but who the hell knows what the Jones clan will do.
That may be so but the thing you're missing here is that little stat sheet that was put up a long time ago that 95 quarterbacks have been drafted since 2016 you know the year Prescott was drafted, and only one has won the Super bowl....​
if you look around the league drafting quarterbacks is not a guarantee or a blueprint, so I don't know how many times you would like them to do it, I mean New England did it how many times did New England get somebody behind Tom Brady and now what they still don't have a quarterback to replace Tom Brady, as a matter of fact it got Bill Belichick fired how that happened I don't know...​

If it were easy to find a quarterback, why does this league past say the first 12 or 15 teams starving for a quarterback?? they literally are so desperate they would give three first round picks to move up for an unproven player like Trey Lance and then fail and then accidentally stumble upon Brock Purdy the last player taken in the draft that was an accident...

Think about this if it were easy to find a quarterback, even a starter let alone you want, find a starter and then his heir apparent, then why is it that teams like Denver ,The Jets, and Cleveland who spent years with first round draft picks some of them I remember back when Cleveland was so bad they had three first round draft picks a couple years in a row never found their Qback.. One of these three teams do they use precious resources you know big time draft picks and go get guys like Deshaun Watson Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson and then hand him a giant contract... I mean how many quarterbacks has a lot of the league been through trying to find a starter let alone two guys?? I mean how long has it been since Peyton Manning left Indianapolis ? have they found their guy ,maybe, wasnt that like 8 years ago? like I can't remember when he left but he they sure have been through a lot of quarterbacks. so they gave up on Peyton he goes and wins sb with Denver and now both teams still haven't found a qb, let alone 2 ..hmm

Here the Dallas Cowboys just choose to just pay that overpriced market contract that a lot of teams are doing at least they're not giving up precious draft picks to get a top starting qb, it is not a guarantee or a given that the guys here drafting that sit for three years are going to turn out to be anything and by the way the first five or six games last year in their own fan base we're ready to throw Jordan love overboard saying he wasn't any good people were starting to question it...on that note let see how he plays this year..9 good games doesn't cement a career, see nick foles..

So again, in a quarterback starved league, you expect the Cowboys to find their hear apparent just like that just put them there and then in three years later he's your auto starter and he's taking you to the second round of the playoffs?? Is that how you think this works maybe you haven't been paying attention but it's an outlier to get what GB got, it's not how it typically works to find your quarterback especially in air apparent, so you wanted to find two good quarterbacks when most teams are struggling to find one....??!!​
.​

Jimbo123

Reaction score
That may be so but the thing you're missing here is that little stat sheet that was put up a long time ago that 95 quarterbacks have been drafted since 2016 you know the year Prescott was drafted, and only one has won the Super bowl....​
if you look around the league drafting quarterbacks is not a guarantee or a blueprint, so I don't know how many times you would like them to do it, I mean New England did it how many times did New England get somebody behind Tom Brady and now what they still don't have a quarterback to replace Tom Brady, as a matter of fact it got Bill Belichick fired how that happened I don't know...​

If it were easy to find a quarterback, why does this league past say the first 12 or 15 teams starving for a quarterback?? they literally are so desperate they would give three first round picks to move up for an unproven player like Trey Lance and then fail and then accidentally stumble upon Brock Purdy the last player taken in the draft that was an accident...

Think about this if it were easy to find a quarterback, even a starter let alone you want, find a starter and then his heir apparent, then why is it that teams like Denver ,The Jets, and Cleveland who spent years with first round draft picks some of them I remember back when Cleveland was so bad they had three first round draft picks a couple years in a row never found their Qback.. One of these three teams do they use precious resources you know big time draft picks and go get guys like Deshaun Watson Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson and then hand him a giant contract... I mean how many quarterbacks has a lot of the league been through trying to find a starter let alone two guys?? I mean how long has it been since Peyton Manning left Indianapolis ? have they found their guy ,maybe, wasnt that like 8 years ago? like I can't remember when he left but he they sure have been through a lot of quarterbacks. so they gave up on Peyton he goes and wins sb with Denver and now both teams still haven't found a qb, let alone 2 ..hmm

Here the Dallas Cowboys just choose to just pay that overpriced market contract that a lot of teams are doing at least they're not giving up precious draft picks to get a top starting qb, it is not a guarantee or a given that the guys here drafting that sit for three years are going to turn out to be anything and by the way the first five or six games last year in their own fan base we're ready to throw Jordan love overboard saying he wasn't any good people were starting to question it...on that note let see how he plays this year..9 good games doesn't cement a career, see nick foles..

So again, in a quarterback starved league, you expect the Cowboys to find their hear apparent just like that just put them there and then in three years later he's your auto starter and he's taking you to the second round of the playoffs?? Is that how you think this works maybe you haven't been paying attention but it's an outlier to get what GB got, it's not how it typically works to find your quarterback especially in air apparent, so you wanted to find two good quarterbacks when most teams are struggling to find one....??!!​
.​
Always remember," Things are never so bad that they can't get worse"

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

He had a competitive camp last summer with SF and ended up the 3rd QB. There was never a competition between Lance and Jimmy G. SF made the decision to go with him in 2022 because they invested a lot to trade up for him and spent the offseason trying to trade Jimmy G but couldn’t so they hung onto him.

San Francisco made it clear it was going to turn the team over to Lance, spending the entire offseason looking for a potential trade package for Garoppolo.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...arting-qb-trey-lance/jbocsq0napby6pbz1kflcvak

Chasing6

Reaction score

He got the job by default due to draft status. He did not beat out Jimmy G. If he beat our Jimmy G. Sam Darnold never would have been added to the QB room.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He had a competitive camp last summer with SF and ended up the 3rd QB. There was never a competition between Lance and Jimmy G. SF made the decision to go with him in 2022 because they invested a lot to trade up for him and spent the offseason trying to trade Jimmy G but couldn’t so they hung onto him.

San Francisco made it clear it was going to turn the team over to Lance, spending the entire offseason looking for a potential trade package for Garoppolo.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...arting-qb-trey-lance/jbocsq0napby6pbz1kflcvak
JimmyG left.

SF GM was shopping the kid before the draft.

He was never going to be the QB1 after they found Purdy.

Our gain.

Be glad.

Chasing6

Reaction score
JimmyG left.

Our gain.

Be glad.
Be glad for what? Dak is our QB in 2024. Trance is a free agent in 2025.

Be glad he is holding a clip board?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
JimmyG left.

Our gain.

Be glad.
Jimmy G left after the 2022 season. Lance will very likely end up a wasted 4th round pick. No one trades a 4th round pick for a backup QB and that’s the best we can hope for with Lance. I would rather have that pick back and the Cowboys could be wishing the same thing.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I know Lance has been working with Mahomes QB guy here in Southlake…along with Stetson Bennett…because a good friends son, who plays for SL at WR has been catching for them. Kid says Lance throws great ball and great guy.

That’s my news for the day :)

Chasing6

Reaction score
I know Lance has been working with Mahomes QB guy here in Southlake…along with Stetson Bennett…because a good friends son, who plays for SL at WR has been catching for them. Kid says Lance throws great ball and great guy.

That’s my news for the day :)
That is nothing new.

My Gardner is a great guy.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
That is nothing new.

My Gardner is a great guy.
Honestly the kid was surprised by the whole thing. He’s JV, moving to Varsity…lives a few blocks from the practice turf and was called up there to help and found out those two were throwing. Now he and Lance bonded. Just a fun story