"The tripping call that the refs made before that was also a total miss. " Aaron Rodgers

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Well, if they called it right, it would have been second-and-3. Hutchinson attempted to trip but whiffed.
It would have been 1st & 10. Tripping by the defense is a personal foul and 15 yards, so Pollard would have kept the 7 yard gain, plus 15 gets tacked on with automatic 1st down.

Game would have been over at that point. The refs, as usual, screwed the Cowboys to historically bad proportions on our last drive to give the Lions the chance at victory on silver platter they didn't earn or deserve.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The talking points went out to shut up the Cowboys fan who have been providing years of historical data showing we don't get a fair shake at officiating and this Lions game was NO DIFFERENT with the tripping double screwjob coming on our last drive to put the game away. These screwjobs ALWAYS seem to happen on our drive to put the game away, get the last stop, or score to take the lead and win.
When they gifted Dallas the game later, what did it matter? Lol.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
In my entire life, I have never seen a set of referees mark off a personal foul on the wrong team. Its gaslighting by the major media to dismiss this. That was nuts. It would be like if Micah picked up Goff and suplexed him and they called the 15 yards personal foul on Goff.

Proximo

Reaction score
Glad to see at least some mainstream media pointing out the absolutely ridiculous phantom tripping call.

Everything else I’ve seen since the game ended (granted I don’t watch much mainstream/national sports coverage) was making it seem like the Lions were victimized by the refs more than any team in history.
No mention of the tripping call.
No mention of the fact that the Lions were trying to exploit the rules and procedures that literally exist to make sure the defense knows who is eligible and who isn’t eligible to catch a pass.
No mention of the atrocious decisions made by Campbell following the illegal touching call.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
In my entire life, I have never seen a set of referees mark off a personal foul on the wrong team. Its gaslighting by the major media to dismiss this. That was nuts. It would be like if Micah picked up Goff and suplexed him and they called the 15 yards personal foul on Goff.
Goff would deserve it for being a lightweight.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
It’s almost as if some kind of curse has been lifted :laugh:

I kid, I kid!

Mcsports

Reaction score
I think it's obvious to most of us here. They called a clean game and stayed out of it for the most part and then somebody decides to jump in at the last minute and throw a game-altering flag based on guesswork. Now the whole crew is getting thrown in the fire.
Yes the game was refreshingly enjoyable to watch . Refs let them
Play until that
Phantom tripping call

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Name one other person who has made mention of it in the hundreds of hours of talking about it, aside from Schefter. It should be obvious but apparently its not.
Actually, it was all over twitter. They just didn't write whole articles about it.
The narrative was more about the Lions goofs because they flubbed the 2pt conversion two more AFTER that call. smh

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Name one other person who has made mention of it in the hundreds of hours of talking about it, aside from Schefter. It should be obvious but apparently its not.
I saw something about it on ESPN and NFLN both Saturday night and Sunday morning. There was talk about it on ESPN this morning also. Not to mention several on Twitter talking about it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It would have been 1st & 10. Tripping by the defense is a personal foul and 15 yards, so Pollard would have kept the 7 yard gain, plus 15 gets tacked on with automatic 1st down.

Game would have been over at that point. The refs, as usual, screwed the Cowboys to historically bad proportions on our last drive to give the Lions the chance at victory on silver platter they didn't earn or deserve.
Yes, but they shouldn't have called tripping on anyone. An attempted trip is not tripping. It was one of those situations where the officials needed to pick up the flag and say there was no foul on the play. But yes, if they had called tripping on Detroit, it would have been a first down. But then they'd still be saying we won on a bad call by the officials. At least this way, some are pointing out the bad tripping call.