The truth about Jaylon Smith's 2019 season

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
OP thinks Quinn is why this defense blows when he was the only guy sniffing the QB last year. Just lol.

Jaylon is a good LB if all you do is box score watch like the thread starter. Anyone who watched the games saw the constant poor angles and lack of physicality.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
A lot of Jaylon pushback is from late season when he was getting beat on coverage and celebrating in losses and over hurt guys. Some games he came across as clueless to his situation snd surroundings. It was a bad look. I put a lot of what issues he did have on scheme. His game is speed and attacking, not waiting

SSoup

Reaction score
This is TACKLE football, not flag football big guy. If you think tackling is a worse stat - you're out of your damn mind.
To be fair, isn't tackling a kind of bogus, unofficial stat because it's based on third-party tallies which the league itself doesn't really even acknowledge or confirm the accuracy of?

Or did they fix this in recent years without me noticing? Because last I heard, it was a nonsense, inaccurate fluff statistic (tallied by people the team handpicks themselves, no less, as I recall).

ultron

Reaction score
you were doing fine until you threw Quin under the bus to help your cause..you are now being just like the fans you are lashing out at...
I threw Quinn under the bus because that's where he belongs. I'd give anything to get Randy Gregory back.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I too have seen those posts. Remember, there are different ages in here to take under consideration. After awhile, you'll know who to weed out.

Exactly. Looking for posts that say Jaylon avoids contact and its a clear sign that poster isn't serious.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I agree with you on that. People go to extremes on both sides. He’s not a bust or an embarrassment. But at times he wasn’t very good either.
That’s an ignorant statement and one you can say about EVERY player in the NFL.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Exactly. Looking for posts that say Jaylon avoids contact and its a clear sign that poster isn't serious.
There are some extremely stupid people that post here. It never ceases to amaze me. More and more are showing up every day.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
im not discounting them as much as you think just that they dont mean as much and they mean less when you go in as an alternate,..Get the League MVP or SB MVP then come talk to me HOF ultimate tag but PB not as much as it used to be..
I’m not saying it gauges if you’re the best in the league. But certainly if you make it especially on your first go around you should take notice.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
He was one of my favorite picks in a long time.
I've been done with him since half way through last season. I will not support him as a football player any longer.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He was one of my favorite picks in a long time.
I've been done with him since half way through last season. I will not support him as a football player any longer.
Harsh, but I am no longer viewing him with the same inspirational lens that used to be a season ago.

He is all about marketing his own brand right now. Football is secondary. Jerry Jones taking him under his wing has not been beneficial.

Kwyn

Reaction score
im not discounting them as much as you think just that they dont mean as much and they mean less when you go in as an alternate,..Get the League MVP or SB MVP then come talk to me HOF ultimate tag but PB not as much as it used to be..
Is that the new standard?

HOF or complete scrub who is stealing money?

I don’t think anyone has gotten out the anointing oil for Jaylon. There’s just some *reasonable* pushback against those who have embraced the meme and run with it.

CWR

Reaction score
A lot of Jaylon pushback is from late season when he was getting beat on coverage and celebrating in losses and over hurt guys. Some games he came across as clueless to his situation snd surroundings. It was a bad look. I put a lot of what issues he did have on scheme. His game is speed and attacking, not waiting

Agreed. He made a lot of plays, but he missed on a lot of plays too. He was much better in 2018. I think a scheme change and having some hogs up front to keep him clean will help alot. We also needs our coordinators to protect him more in coverage and let him attack, thats what he does best.