The Video Game Thread

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Yeah, RE4 is still the GOAT and now the true best. Best remake ever. Maybe one of the greatest video games of all time PERIOD. A masterpiece.

IGN and everyone else is right. 10/10.
I agree. I downloaded the original a while back and the movement was so bad it was unplayable. The fixed it in the remake. It is awesome!

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I sure hope the new single lens prescriptions work for you!! I had that happen to my PSVR1. My brother-in-law came over and wanted to try the VR. He wears glasses. Afterword I noticed there were 2 little, I'd call them smudges more than scratches, in the headset. They wouldn't come off with any kind of cleaning method. Bummer, but I couldn't be mad at him about it as it wasn't like he meant to do it. When games start and you really get into them, you can't even notice they're there (unless you really look for it), but it was something that always kind of annoyed me just because I did know they were there. lol I do know there were some 3rd party lense protectors you could buy for the PSVR1. I'm sure there will be some for the PSVR2 as well.
I got single prescription lens glasses and it didn't work, but I have to take them back because they don't work for anything, so it doesn't have anything to do with the glasses. Nothing is in focus unless it's inches away from my face. Strangely, using VR without my glasses work pretty well. In fact, I think they work better than when I wear my real glasses. The VR2 still has a "sweet" spot for me, but it's bigger than when I wear glasses. It isn't perfect as things are slightly out of focus, but it is very doable. I'm amazed at this because my sight goes to crap when I take them off any other time. It's like I'm underwater if I don't have them on.
I, too, am old enough to remember floppy discs. I do remember, as a kid, my dad having the old 8" floppy discs around. I got more into gaming by the time the 3.5 discs were popular. Still, I remember some games coming with several of those. I also remember when you could actually rent computer games. My local Hastings store had a PC gaming row. I remember going in there and renting games all the time. If I remember correctly, you had to sign a waiver that you wouldn't copy or damage them, but of course sometimes I would copy some good games at home hehe I also remember the Shareware games.
Lol, I did not think you were old enough to live through all that. I remember the 8" floppy disks. When I first joined the Air Force our computers used those. We wrote BASIC computer programs on them. They barely held 100k of data. I couldn't imagine back then that games would eventually use 100+GB of data. I don't know if we had a term for that much memory. I had a Commodore VIC 20 that was upgradable to 32k of RAM and that was plenty. LOL. I ran a BBS in the early 90's and I splurged and got a 1GB HD. My then-wife nearly killed me because it was nearly $1,000. I'm 60 years old, and when I think of the advances in computer technology just in the last 40 years it is mind blowing.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I got single prescription lens glasses and it didn't work, but I have to take them back because they don't work for anything, so it doesn't have anything to do with the glasses. Nothing is in focus unless it's inches away from my face. Strangely, using VR without my glasses work pretty well. In fact, I think they work better than when I wear my real glasses. The VR2 still has a "sweet" spot for me, but it's bigger than when I wear glasses. It isn't perfect as things are slightly out of focus, but it is very doable. I'm amazed at this because my sight goes to crap when I take them off any other time. It's like I'm underwater if I don't have them on.

Lol, I did not think you were old enough to live through all that. I remember the 8" floppy disks. When I first joined the Air Force our computers used those. We wrote BASIC computer programs on them. They barely held 100k of data. I couldn't imagine back then that games would eventually use 100+GB of data. I don't know if we had a term for that much memory. I had a Commodore VIC 20 that was upgradable to 32k of RAM and that was plenty. LOL. I ran a BBS in the early 90's and I splurged and got a 1GB HD. My then-wife nearly killed me because it was nearly $1,000. I'm 60 years old, and when I think of the advances in computer technology just in the last 40 years it is mind blowing.
Yup I am definitely, or unfortunately lol, old enough to remember quite a bit of that technology. I just turned 43 last October, so I got to see a lot of that when I was younger. I absolutely remember dialing in and finding BBS pages. Dang, that takes me back. Definitely some simpler times. In fact, I can remember when the local news actually had a news piece about the "information super highway" coming to our area. I had no idea what they even meant. Fast forward to today, and the internet rules all. It's been fun/crazy to watch technology grow, and in such a rapid pace. Really makes you curious about what lies ahead and what I'll miss out on after my time. Kids in 50-75 years will look back at things like the PSVR2 and think "Wow, they thought that was cool? You mean, you actually had to wear a facemask to get into virtual reality? Must've been lame!" lol

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
So I've been looking for something to play and my Brother recommended Mad Max. It came out in 2015 and while it's not the greatest game, I love it. It's a little repetitive like all open world games but it captures the vibe of the movies really well in my opinion. More than anything, I am in awe of the plot just being a guy in a post-apocalyptic world with limited gasoline who wants a cool car with a V8. It's pure genius and speaks to my soul.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Ill have about 6 days off when I get back from vacation, and Horizons Burning Shore DLC ready to go. Frozen Wilds was a pretty add on to Zero Dawn, but Im hoping this is the size of Witcher 3's Blood and Wine
Thank you for the heads up on this DLC. If I am being completely honest, I didn't even realize there was one coming. Awesome. I will absolutely be getting that one. I need to jump back into Forbidden West. Even though I finished the story mode, there are still parts of the map covered.

Hell, I still need to finish the Horizon VR: Call of the Mountain game. It's not bad. It is definitely a trip to see that world/the machines in virtual reality mode, but there is a bit too much climbing in it for my taste. You climb to one area, do some sutff, climb to the next area, do some stuff, climb to the next area........you get my point. lol

Last edited:

Shinaoi

Reaction score
So I've been looking for something to play and my Brother recommended Mad Max. It came out in 2015 and while it's not the greatest game, I love it. It's a little repetitive like all open world games but it captures the vibe of the movies really well in my opinion. More than anything, I am in awe of the plot just being a guy in a post-apocalyptic world with limited gasoline who wants a cool car with a V8. It's pure genius and speaks to my soul.
It’s a pretty dang good game and I got it for like 5 bucks.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
e2dd49a185706db2a3fd267125783223_original.png

Does anyone know if this is any good?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Guys. Zelda : tears of the kingdom is less than a month way.

The gameplay demonstration and final trailer have dropped.

This game looks absolutely incredible. It looks like they took all the best aspects of breath of the wild and have added to them massively.

I can’t wait for this game. I took PTO the first day it’s released on May 12th so I can binge play all weekend long.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well, this officially has my attention. Initial thoughts are that it looks good. I'm really hoping this can be the competition that Call of Duty finally deserves. Activision has mostly cornered the market in the arena shooter genre and are raking their community over the coals more and more each year. I hope this can be everything I wish for it to be.