The Video Game Thread

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I started playing Hitman World of Assassination because my brother was really into it. It combines 1-3 into one product. There are a lot of good things about it and some humorous "kills". Ultimately, I'm too impatient I guess for this kind of game. I'm more of a tank player that goes in guns blazing. The total stealth gameplay doesn't really work for me. It's another way of saying that I suck at this kind of game.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I started playing Hitman World of Assassination because my brother was really into it. It combines 1-3 into one product. There are a lot of good things about it and some humorous "kills". Ultimately, I'm too impatient I guess for this kind of game. I'm more of a tank player that goes in guns blazing. The total stealth gameplay doesn't really work for me. It's another way of saying that I suck at this kind of game.
My brother loves the Hitman games too. I remember starting Hitman: Absolution and leaving my brother alone with my PlayStation 3. The next time I turned on my PS3, I had a new platinum trophy. :laugh:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Haha, I did the same thing with the first three splinter cell games. Go in with guns ablazing

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm super curious about Kayak VR. You'll have to let me know. I've heard good things.
It's nice, but I really haven't gotten a chance to really get into it. I finally broke down and went to my eye doctor to get a single lens prescription as my progressive lenses were not cutting it. The "sweet" spot was too small and I could not look around with my eyes without everything getting really blurry. I have to turn my head to see things in focus. That in itself isn't a big deal as I have to do that IRL, but it's way too easy to have my glasses move or the headset move and things get blurry. I'm really hoping the new single prescription glasses work. I should have the glasses early next week. If they do work I will get the lens inserts.

Sadly, my glasses have made a tiny scratch on the VR lenses - one on each eye. I cannot see it when I am using the headset, but knowing my glasses made the scratches really bums me out. Sony really dropped the ball on that. Glasses should not make scratches on the headset lenses.
Ok, back to Moss. So, I own both Moss 1 and 2 on PS4 Pro/PSVR1. They ported both those games over to PS5/PSVR2. Unfortunately, there was no free upgrade. They made you buy them over again, which sucks, but I enjoy them so much that I just repurchased them. As I was playing Moss 2 last night, I started to think to myself, "Does this really look that much better than the PSVR1? Was it really worth buying over again? I remember these games looking great in the PSVR1 too." Well, since I still have that PSVR1 setup in my mancave, I decided to go experiment for myself. I went into the mancave, fired up the PS4 Pro, the VR headset, and loaded up Moss 2. My first thoughts? WOW!! Yes, there is a significant difference. The game looked dark, fuzzy, and had overall less color and 3D pop. I turned it off and went back out and hopped back in the PSVR2. Wow!! The resolution was better. The color was better. The lighting was way better. The 3D popped better. I was stoked to actually see the difference. It really validated spending the money on the new VR for me.
So cool to know that about the upgrade with the older game. I'm really looking at getting those games, but I still have other games I have not touched. I'm waiting to get the new glasses before I dive in. I would love if the developers would upgrade the older VR1 games to the VR2. That would be amazing.
If I had one complaint about the new PSVR2, it would be that the tracking has felt underwhelming. I was really looking forward to some improved tracking over the PSVR1. So far, meh, I think it could use some work. The good news is that the system is brand new and I'm sure they can improve it over time with data and software updates. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I just expected a little better than what I've experienced.
I haven't noticed the tracking too much, but when I think about it I do "reset" the tracking a lot. I think I do it without even realizing it. Fun fact, I do not get VR motion sickness, but I did get something very similar. I was playing the VR puzzle game and I sat on my couch away from where I normally sit and the puzzle pieces would drift quite a bit when I turned my head to the left. I did get a bit queasy seeing that. I think it was because when I looked left there was a window in that direction and the bright light threw it off I'm sure.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got NBA2K23 from Gamefly. Figured it would be another cookie-cutter basketball game, and in many ways it is, but they put some nice touches on this one. I'm having a lot of fun with it. The Eras section is fantastic. You can play as one of the older eras in NBA history: 1983, 1992, 2002. It was awesome to play as my 90s Seattle Supersonics team. Also, (and this was a fantastic touch IMO) as you select the older eras, they make the picture look like the fuzzy grainy broadcasts of the 80s/90s. I loved that. They also have the Jordan Challenge. You start with his NCAA championship game in 1982, and work your way up through his career completing games and challenges.

I'm really enjoying this one. It's on sale right now for $23 on PS5/Xbox. I may have to pick this one up.
I have never gotten into playing sports video games too much. There were a couple of them in the mid-2000's that were fun but they went aren't made anymore. I have nothing against them, I just really, really suck at them.
The biggest downfall to this game? It's 172.5GB!!! That's insane. lol
I remember when a game had 10 floppy disks and I thought those games were huge. :)

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm the same way. I am way too impatient. If I have a choice on stealth or going in with bullets flying everywhere I will do the Rambo thing almost every time. Sometimes I will create even more chaos to get more enemies to show up, and then I get mad at myself for wanting to through the controller at my TV when I get killed repeatedly.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I am 100% the same way. I've easily soured on some games solely because I found myself turned off due to the amount of stealth. I, too, don't have the patience.

With that said, when I started Last of Us and realized it was a heavy stealth game, I initially felt disappointed. I wanted to play it and get through the story so bad though, that I pushed through. There were some areas you had to stealth too or you were overwhelmed and would die. To be honest, by the end of the game, it grew on me quite a bit and I was finding myself having fun trying to stealth around areas. However, I still wouldn't consider myself a fan. One of the things I loved about Last of Us 2 was that they were more lenient on the stealth. If you failed your stealth and were seen, you had a chance to fight your way out, which I did almost exclusively. lol

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It's nice, but I really haven't gotten a chance to really get into it. I finally broke down and went to my eye doctor to get a single lens prescription as my progressive lenses were not cutting it. The "sweet" spot was too small and I could not look around with my eyes without everything getting really blurry. I have to turn my head to see things in focus. That in itself isn't a big deal as I have to do that IRL, but it's way too easy to have my glasses move or the headset move and things get blurry. I'm really hoping the new single prescription glasses work. I should have the glasses early next week. If they do work I will get the lens inserts.

Sadly, my glasses have made a tiny scratch on the VR lenses - one on each eye. I cannot see it when I am using the headset, but knowing my glasses made the scratches really bums me out. Sony really dropped the ball on that. Glasses should not make scratches on the headset lenses.

So cool to know that about the upgrade with the older game. I'm really looking at getting those games, but I still have other games I have not touched. I'm waiting to get the new glasses before I dive in. I would love if the developers would upgrade the older VR1 games to the VR2. That would be amazing.

I haven't noticed the tracking too much, but when I think about it I do "reset" the tracking a lot. I think I do it without even realizing it. Fun fact, I do not get VR motion sickness, but I did get something very similar. I was playing the VR puzzle game and I sat on my couch away from where I normally sit and the puzzle pieces would drift quite a bit when I turned my head to the left. I did get a bit queasy seeing that. I think it was because when I looked left there was a window in that direction and the bright light threw it off I'm sure.
I sure hope the new single lens prescriptions work for you!! I had that happen to my PSVR1. My brother-in-law came over and wanted to try the VR. He wears glasses. Afterword I noticed there were 2 little, I'd call them smudges more than scratches, in the headset. They wouldn't come off with any kind of cleaning method. Bummer, but I couldn't be mad at him about it as it wasn't like he meant to do it. When games start and you really get into them, you can't even notice they're there (unless you really look for it), but it was something that always kind of annoyed me just because I did know they were there. lol I do know there were some 3rd party lense protectors you could buy for the PSVR1. I'm sure there will be some for the PSVR2 as well.

Yeah I went down the rabbit-hole with tracking on Reddit. Lots of people having debates about lighting and the tracking. I do find myself "resetting" a lot as well.

I have never gotten into playing sports video games too much. There were a couple of them in the mid-2000's that were fun but they went aren't made anymore. I have nothing against them, I just really, really suck at them.

I remember when a game had 10 floppy disks and I thought those games were huge. :)
I am not good at them either, especially the basketball. I had it on rookie level and still couldn't blow out the other team. Ha! I do have fun though and try not to take it seriously. I would never challenge anybody to a sports game though. lol

I, too, am old enough to remember floppy discs. I do remember, as a kid, my dad having the old 8" floppy discs around. I got more into gaming by the time the 3.5 discs were popular. Still, I remember some games coming with several of those. I also remember when you could actually rent computer games. My local Hastings store had a PC gaming row. I remember going in there and renting games all the time. If I remember correctly, you had to sign a waiver that you wouldn't copy or damage them, but of course sometimes I would copy some good games at home hehe I also remember the Shareware games.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The most fun I've had with a football game since the old EA NCAA titles:

Dang I miss the NCAA games. They were great. I still have the NCAA 08 for the Xbox 360 (only because I'm a Boise State fan and they got on the cover that year). Kind of wish I had an Xbox 360 to play it on. I've read rumors the NCAA franchise is returning, but obviously they are just that at this point.....rumors.

Duane

Reaction score
Dang I miss the NCAA games. They were great. I still have the NCAA 08 for the Xbox 360 (only because I'm a Boise State fan and they got on the cover that year). Kind of wish I had an Xbox 360 to play it on. I've read rumors the NCAA franchise is returning, but obviously they are just that at this point.....rumors.
That game is part of the reason I keep my old Xbox 360 too.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
GIVEAWAY: Chess Ultra & World of Warships - Starter Pack Ishizuchi til Thurs 10am
[Note: World of Warships - Starter Pack Ishizuchi requires the base game, it's free...]

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yeah, RE4 is still the GOAT and now the true best. Best remake ever. Maybe one of the greatest video games of all time PERIOD. A masterpiece.

IGN and everyone else is right. 10/10.
I actually differ, I don't think the style of this game fits well with the RE engine - and the flip from horror moments to camp doesn't work as well as the OG.

I understood the need to remake RE1 on the Gamecube, and RE2 and 3 a couple years ago. This one, I don't really get.