The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I was looking for the other thread that a few of us were talking about video games in but I couldn't find it. So, I made a new one. :D

Any Battlefield fans here? I was playing the Battlefield V beta last night. Really solid. They added a few nice touches to the game. I thought the graphics were amazing.

Also, I rented the new Spider-Man for the PS4 but I was having a tough time getting it loaded last night. Hopefully it is good now and I can actually check it out today.

Who is playing what?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I like Battlefield as my preferred FPS but was a little confused bc thought Battlefield V came out awhile ago? I see it adv on Xbox live and will likely give it a chance too. Let me know how Spiderman is cus I would like to get it but you know how superhero games generally are, etc.
Xbox: Wolfenstein II, Madden
Ps4: FarCry 5 hiatus (game's too dang big lol).

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Battlefield as my preferred FPS but was a little confused bc thought Battlefield V came out awhile ago? I see it adv on Xbox live and will likely give it a chance too. Let me know how Spiderman is cus I would like to get it but you know how superhero games generally are, etc.

I loved the really old original Wolfenstein on a PC. If I were to play it on my XONE, which game would you start with?

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I haven’t played video games in years. Loved MLB,Uncharted series and Arkham City when I last left off though. Wow....I was just taking a look at your Battlefield franchise. Awesome looking.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

LOL Me too on FarCry 5. Really like it, graphics are great, game play is fun, but man is that a large game. Definitely one you can sink some time into.

I liked Spiderman! Graphics were great! Game play was good but the controls felt a little clunky to me. I am sure I would get use to it after some extensive game play but initially I felt like I was just mashing buttons in fight scenes. A lot going on.
I loved the really old original Wolfenstein on a PC. If I were to play it on my XONE, which game would you start with?

The Wolfenstein games today are nothing like their classic origination. I still enjoyed playing them but if you go into them expecting the old school game you will be disappointed. With that said, Wolfenstein II did have a Easter egg in it where you could play the original PC game.
I haven’t played video games in years. Loved MLB,Uncharted series and Arkham City when I last left off though. Wow....I was just taking a look at your Battlefield franchise. Awesome looking.

All excellent games. I love the Arkham series. I actually bought all of them a few months ago and started to replay them. That's how much I love them.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Yep, I took a break for a while on Far Cry 5 but I just started it again this weekend. Working on Faith's region.

I can't wait for Fallout 76, Doom Eternal and Cyberpunk 2077, which is still a long time out but looks amazing.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I usually only play games on Friday nights with my buddies and only sometimes. (like Longboysfan, I used to play World of Warships, but the entire game got stale hah)

Right now, I play Neverwinter on PC. I'm enjoying it, but I tend to burn out on MOORPGs after a couple of months. (actually pretty much all games)

Finding a game that can keep my attention for more than a month is pretty difficult. Over the last probably 5 years, it's only been World of Warships and Neverwinter. The last one I played for more than a month prior was probably Battlefield 3. I played the Star Wars Battlefront, but didn't last long due to some very cheese aspects of it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PONG!!!!! I'll wax your young butts and show some style in doing it. I'll play with a blindfold, only using my left foot while balancing on a unicycle and send you crying to Momma. "CC skunked me! CC skunked me!! Make him stop, Momma!!!" (Notice how the !'s increase with each sentence in the quotation marks? That's the signal to you to raise your octave with each sentence and show real pain in the last one. I don't usually publish a guide with my posts but I wanted full effect on this one because I am talking some real double throw down PONG smack here).

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've considered getting back into gaming after owning all of the old systems with two sons but here is my challenge, the controller. I am a mature gentleman and the first thing to go on us is our hands, at least that's what I told my wife, so manual dexterity is not what it used to be and I was used to only a couple of buttons and these newfangled controllers look complicated.

My grandsons got Switch but that controller looks awfully small even putting the two together but I really would like to try video games again because I got "Mario's Brothel Run" and "Luigi's Where's the Salam"? as housewarming gifts.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Call of Duty Blackout beta opens today. That's their answer to the PUBG/Fortnite movement. I'm interested in seeing how it is. I will Czech it out when I get home.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Call of Duty Blackout beta opens today. That's their answer to the PUBG/Fortnite movement. I'm interested in seeing how it is. I will Czech it out when I get home.

Age has adversely affected my reaction speed for playing FPS games, so I've kinda given them up. If I can't even push even close to a 1.0 K/D ratio, it's not fun anymore. I was playing the new DOOM when it came out and my K/D ratio was pretty sad. Like .65 or something. While I do enjoy playing, I hate failing more.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Age has adversely affected my reaction speed for playing FPS games, so I've kinda given them up. If I can't even push even close to a 1.0 K/D ratio, it's not fun anymore. I was playing the new DOOM when it came out and my K/D ratio was pretty sad. Like .65 or something. While I do enjoy playing, I hate failing more.
Same, I don't even try multi-player anymore. I will still buy them and do the campaign stuff but I can't hack it online anymore.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yeah I work with an older gentleman who has told me the exact same thing about playing video games. To be honest, I've always overlooked that possibility. Now, I'm trying to enjoy my time that I have while I can play these type of games. Getting older seem overrated eh? ;)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yep, I took a break for a while on Far Cry 5 but I just started it again this weekend. Working on Faith's region.

I can't wait for Fallout 76, Doom Eternal and Cyberpunk 2077, which is still a long time out but looks amazing.
Just fired it up again last night and completed that region (couldn't remember where I left off). That annoying hunting quest had me held up...I'm trying to use the bow n arrow the whole time and found out you can just shoot em with a smg and still get clean furs, etc. The cougar is cool as a sidekick :D Fallout will be cool too, got about half way through the last one bf burning out with all the grind.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So I played about 7-8 rounds of Black Ops 4 Blackout mode last night. I came away super impressed. I had a lot of fun. It felt like a much more fluid and polished PUBG. It's pretty much an exact copy of that game with a few added perks and such. Vehicles are OK, should be more imo, but they do have helicopters. They incorporated many of the Black Ops series multiplayer maps throughout the world (for example you can find and walk into Firing Range, Nuketown, etc). I thought that was a nice touch. They even have an area with zombies.

So, looks like I will be suckered into another Call of Duty. Lol

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Just fired it up again last night and completed that region (couldn't remember where I left off). That annoying hunting quest had me held up...I'm trying to use the bow n arrow the whole time and found out you can just shoot em with a smg and still get clean furs, etc. The cougar is cool as a sidekick :D Fallout will be cool too, got about half way through the last one bf burning out with all the grind.
What's cool about 76 though is the 4 man co-op. That might make it reel less grindy.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I will definitely check it out. I've heard amazing things about Fallout. I played, very very briefly, some Fallout 4 and it seemed great. I just had so many other games going at the time. I wouldn't mind checking it and 76 (when it releases) out more though.

Too many great games. Not enough time. :(