The Video: Scandrick hit on Roy

odog422

Reaction score
ctalker;2907803 said:
Orlando, 2nd year player trying to win starting job... Of course he is going to play with more aggression and sense of urgency. But, no need to hit our #1 WR like that.

He wasn't trying to hit Roy, he was going for the ball. Just as important, I don't want guys out there paying attention to depth chart status. Scandrick has a job to do and Roy is a player too. I don't expect Scandrick to try to take him out (which he wasn't) but I expect him to compete.

Ren

Reaction score
I love Scandricks attitude, no matter what he brings it. I wish the rest of the defense had his mentality. It's unfortunate that Roy got hurt but he'll be fine as long as nothing is broken.

theWave21

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2907745 said:
Yea, just give up an easy slant TD in front of 26 thousand. If he had that type of mindset he would be Anthony Henry.

ha-ha, I was thinking that exact thing so Ill throw Larry Brown out there.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2907724 said:
Thanks DC.

Looks like he was jumping the route and Roy ran into him kindof thing.

I don’t understand the no pads thing. Why even wear helmets if it’s no contact? Nobodys fault but, damn so close to the start of the season for this.

And losing your #1 WR for the season is a huge loss. I don’t even want to think about it.

I know, if you are gonna do the no hit thing, then have them wear all the gear like they would in a game, and just ease up on the hitting anyway. Should be quite safe then.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Even with pads he would have probably had the same outcome. Those things that WRs wear can hardly be considered more then shells. From the looks of it he probably got a stinger and should be fine for the start of the regular season.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Roy Williams is fragile.

Hey Roy, you fragile. :laugh2: (anyone recognize that?)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ctalker;2907803 said:
Orlando, 2nd year player trying to win starting job... Of course he is going to play with more aggression and sense of urgency. But, no need to hit our #1 WR like that.

The way some are talking, it was like Scandrick laid him out like Bednarik did Gifford.

It was a collision. Plain and simple. No malice, no intent. It can happen at any practice.

So if Scandrick can't "hit our #1 WR like that", I think Phillips should put red jerseys on everyone. Nevermind, let's play with flags.

That way, our lack of depth can't be exposed when our starting players get hurt. It's brilliant!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
That was so quick and the angle so bad that it's hard to say much of anything about it.

But one thing... Can we please stop this recent trend of using basketball terms to describe football? Hasselbeck says, "The offense is going to flow through Witten"... Yuck. That's almost as bad as when people talk about how many "minutes" a player is going to get. We have snaps here, people.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm not going to hate on Scandrick too much for this. The guy is competiting so I can't really hate on him too much. Unfortunate situation but since it's not a terrible injury then I don't think it's anything to worry about.

It didn't look like much of a hit but it doesn't take much, for people that big, running into one another without pads on for someone to wind up hurt.

dboyz

Reaction score
I like Scandrick and the hit was very clean and appropriate. He was playing football period. I also like the fact that Roy Williams has been challenged this camp. IMO that is what he needs. He is talented. He needs to be pushed as far as possible to get the most out of him. Injuries happen.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
dboyz;2908041 said:
I like Scandrick and the hit was very clean and appropriate. He was playing football period. I also like the fact that Roy Williams has been challenged this camp. IMO that is what he needs. He is talented. He needs to be pushed as far as possible to get the most out of him. Injuries happen.

I agree, this team has been babied enough....they need more Scandrick types.

newlander

Reaction score
I AGREE 100% W/ DC FANATIC AND OTHERS: SO MUCH SO I HAD TO PUT MY FIRST SENTENCE IN CAPS.............seriously, scandrick beat RW to the ball and made a GOOD play. He was doing his job. Roy got dinged, gave us all a monumental scare thanks to the HACK Florio's reporting, but will be OK. It's football: man, all these cameras can be a BAD thing. In the old days: "RW got dinged today, and we'll hold him out of this weekend's meaningless preseason game." And that would have been it. To say this has been blown out of proportion is................an understatement. ( I will add one more thing: I don't think you'll see them do this again for awhile: pads and shells should be a minimum from now on. IF RW has pads on his shoulders last night: more than likely that doesn't happen IMO)

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Roy Williams sure is fragile. has he ever played a ful 16 games in a season?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
"O" as Irvin calls him was on Mike's show this morning and said they just ran into each other. He also said no matter what happens with him and Jenkins they'd be friends. Mike asked him about Archer's report of him hollering at the Offense in practice and Scandrick said that he's not gonna be mute. Mike said we need more vocal leaders and i agree. The more i hear this kid talk the more i like him. He's smart and aggressive.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Let's hope Scandrick takes out that "agressive nature" out of some of the 49ers. Would love to see Vernon or Josh Morgan laid out.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
How does a guy get to be 225 lbs. of muscle w/o lifting and I lift 2 or 3 times a week and Im 165?

Wait, nevermind......