The Vinateiri Situation Is Very Interesting...

DLCassidy

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
...Let me start by saying that, up until today, I haven't posted anything on what I've heard about the possible signing of Vinateiri by the Cowboys because I know there are certain posters who don't like rumors and get upset if someone can't cite a link or they get their hopes up for something and it doesn't come to fruition.

But, the current status of Vinateiri leaving the Packers without an offer is interesting to me.

Perhaps he is just seeing the market isn't there for anything more than perhaps what Longwell got or NE offered and he ends up back in NE and retiring as Parcells says, "Bobby Hull, John Havlicek and Carl Yaztresmski".

BUT, the guy who I hear from occassionally sent me a message a few days ago saying..."somebody I know who has a good relationship with Vinatieri's agent, (His agent is actually de-certified for a year but he's still the guy running the show), said he's close to signing a deal with Dallas. This one may just be smoke but that's what he told me today."

He then followed that up a day later with this...the "word on the street is Vinatieri is all but gone and the Cowboys are believed to be the winner".

Since then, as he said to me, "it's been quiet as a church mouse" and he's heard nothing. Vinateiri then took his visit to GB and now we hear no offer being received. Hmm...

Combine that with some recent posts on other teams message boards saying they have heard he's headed to Dallas and it makes you really wonder if we are playing it very quiet behind the scenes. I sure hope so.

We shall see. Sorry if anyone is offended by an unverified source and no link to corroborate what I've heard. I guess internet message boards just aren't for you. :D

I'm not offended. We all want whatever info we can get here, even speculation is better than nothing.:laugh2: I've felt from the beginning that AV will eventually decide to return to NE. In a way it's hard to understand anything else happening- NE is now miles under the cap, AV is revered there and has more endorsements (about 1m a year) than any Patriot other than Brady. The money should be pretty close is what I'm saying after endorsements and Vinatieri could retire as a local icon. So why would he leave?

I really don't know. The GB thing makes little sense unless they bowled him over with a break the bank offer, which apparently they haven't. That team is in rebuilding mode and probably won't see the playoffs for years. And your home games are all freezing cold. Yeah, sign me up for that.

Dallas? It is the most logical alternative to NE. Team on the rise. Great weather for kicking. A head coach that signed you into the league. The ability to pay good money. But at the end of the day if AV comes here it's because he wants a change of scenery for whatever reason. Otherwise leaving NE doesn't really make sense when you really look at it.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
If we offer more cash then he's ours. It's all about the Benjamilions and they have to get the most before they check-out.

ddh33

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I think most of us appreciate every little thing we can get our hands on.

It is interesting that I have seen several Vinatieri to Dallas rumors in the last day or so. I know I'll be hoping that it happens...

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Thanks CA........I hope this rumor turns out to be true. Keeping finger & toes crossed.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Considering how much kickers have cost us, Vinatieri would be just as big of signing as T.O for us

AbeBeta

Reaction score
the report out of GB was that Vini didn't get an offer that "blew him away" and that he would need an extraordinary offer to leave NE.

Me, I think he'll stay there. I'd love to have him but I do like Brown as well.

Keep in mind that kicker's contracts aren't a top priority for agents, I mean a guy like Vini is going to get about as much as Koiser or Ayodele got -- not big money going back to the agent on those deals.

rynochop

Reaction score
I think these top line FA Kickers are just waiting for Larry Allen to be released before one decides to come here. ;)

WhizKid

Reaction score
Our Press Conference will be very fun to watch, because I know I will be happy when we announce the signings of Viniateri and Owens. There might even be one more that we sign too, that we are not expecting....

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
What are the odds that a deal is done despite not visiting Dallas? True, TO didn't visit, but kickers are different.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Vineteiri would be a great free agent addition. Kicker is probobly the position we need most now that we pretty much of TO locked up.

Hey whats with the avatar jacking

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't care for Brown. Don't understand what he brings to the table. His stats are incredibly average, now Mare is a different story.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
sandtrapp said:
Never apologize. It's a sign of weakness.

Thanx for the Info.

What kind of weakness. I know John Wayne said it in his movies but somebody greater than John Wayne said the opposite.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I don't care for Brown. Don't understand what he brings to the table. His stats are incredibly average, now Mare is a different story.

actually his stats look "average" because he attempts so many long field goals in poor conditions. He missed 3 50+ yard attempts last year.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I would cream myself if we signed viniteiri.

nyyanksfan20

Reaction score
There is no excuse to not a get a good kicker this offseason. Vinateri and Vanderjact are both free agents. Even Josh Brown can be had for a 7th. We have to land one of these 3.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Rockytop6 said:
What kind of weakness. I know John Wayne said it in his movies but somebody greater than John Wayne said the opposite.

I only apologize when not apologizing jeopardizes my chances of having intercourse in the near future.