The Walking Dead (S5) - First half of season thread

Angus12

Reaction score
I doubt the writers were thinking of a sneaky zombie when they made that scene. There were blood spots on the sleeping bags that were mostly visible to the viewers. I'd interpret that as somebody probably snuck into their camp during the night and either shot or stabbed the people in their sleep and stole their supplies. IMO, there is no other explanation as to why all of the 'campers' died at the same time and were still in their sleeping bags and tents.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Anyone been watching Z Nation on Syfy?

Not in the same hemisphere as Walking dead as far as acting, production, money or writing but if you are a zombie fan it is ok. Actually a few cool ideas in it.

Yeah I've been watching it. Fun little show to put on and turn your brain off. Haha. But yeah it's a zombie show that they just throw everything out there and have fun with it, not to be taken seriously.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Anyone been watching Z Nation on Syfy?

Not in the same hemisphere as Walking dead as far as acting, production, money or writing but if you are a zombie fan it is ok. Actually a few cool ideas in it.

Yes, I like it. It's definitely a made for SyFy but I'll watch most of them as well.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
They showed her crying because she had just lost the group of people who had helped her find the strong warrior she has become. Prior to being with those people she was a scared, terrified, person who could have never taken care of herself. It's pretty weird for anyone to not get that point, to be quite honest.

I don't believe Carol was the one who had the book I believe Darryl was the one who did but I'd have to watch the episode again to be sure. I also didn't realize it was a sexual abuse book, I thought it was a domestic violence book but again I'd need to watch the episode again to be sure on that as well.

I feel like people are going to be so sadly disappointed when they bring in Negan. The Governor was already well toned down for this show and they're going to have to go to even further lengths to tone Negan way way way down because he's even more disgusting and vile than the Governor every thought about being.
screenshot-2014-11-17-at-1-13-05-pm-5-things-you-might-have-missed-in-the-walking-dead-consumed.png

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I doubt the writers were thinking of a sneaky zombie when they made that scene. There were blood spots on the sleeping bags that were mostly visible to the viewers. I'd interpret that as somebody probably snuck into their camp during the night and either shot or stabbed the people in their sleep and stole their supplies. IMO, there is no other explanation as to why all of the 'campers' died at the same time and were still in their sleeping bags and tents.

I could see the people at the hospital being a good set of people who would have possibly done just that. They're taking people in 1 or maybe 2 at a time to make them be in debt to them but a whole group like that at once it would probably have been easier for them to simply kill them all and take their supplies.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could see the people at the hospital being a good set of people who would have possibly done just that. They're taking people in 1 or maybe 2 at a time to make them be in debt to them but a whole group like that at once it would probably have been easier for them to simply kill them all and take their supplies.

Yeah, I'm not convinced there is going to be some sort of all out war. We've seen a couple of those now between groups and I'm wondering if this situation is going to end up a little different.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Sunday night...this program definitely going to DVR because, hey! DALLAS COWBOYS FOOTBALL! :)

And also, Survivor Series be darned... :D

Stryker44

Reaction score
They showed her crying because she had just lost the group of people who had helped her find the strong warrior she has become. Prior to being with those people she was a scared, terrified, person who could have never taken care of herself. It's pretty weird for anyone to not get that point, to be quite honest.

I don't believe Carol was the one who had the book I believe Darryl was the one who did but I'd have to watch the episode again to be sure. I also didn't realize it was a sexual abuse book, I thought it was a domestic violence book but again I'd need to watch the episode again to be sure on that as well.

I feel like people are going to be so sadly disappointed when they bring in Negan. The Governor was already well toned down for this show and they're going to have to go to even further lengths to tone Negan way way way down because he's even more disgusting and vile than the Governor every thought about being.

Its cable - why would they have to tone it down?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Its cable - why would they have to tone it down?

They already did with the Gov. If you've not read the comics then you have not seen how much worse those two particular characters actually are. The Gov is far far far worse than he was ever portrayed on the show and Negan is even worse.

They will not be portraying him even close to what he is in the comic.

Lodeus

Reaction score
They didn't need to use the entire hour to do what they did in the last episode. This season has been good though.

Also BraveHeartFan, where's that SOA thread? This past episode was one of the best of the whole series.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They didn't need to use the entire hour to do what they did in the last episode. This season has been good though.

Also BraveHeartFan, where's that SOA thread? This past episode was one of the best of the whole series.

Oh good lord wasn't it? I loved it. Man I was all in on that. They really just pulled you emotionally all over the place, for all those characters, in that episode.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An "OK" episode.

Didn't expect a lot of action/plot movement in preparation to the mid-season finale.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't know if I enjoy this Daryl character arc. Trusting that most of the "cops" would join them doesn't seem logical at all, especially the bald one who was kicking his rear end.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't know if I enjoy this Daryl character arc. Trusting that most of the "cops" would join them doesn't seem logical at all, especially the bald one who was kicking his rear end.

There were two bald cops... and folks are confusing them.

One fought with Daryl. The other shoved Sasha into the window and took off.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Every time Rick gets talked into being merciful, it bites them in the butt. You gotta learn Rick! Stop with that mercy stuff. All the good people are dead.

The Sasha thing could be seen a mile away. Kind of lazy. I thought he was going to put her through the window.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There hasn't be a recurring character I've been less interested in than the "Father Gabriel" character. Every minute he's on the screen leaves me feeling the show has just wasted valuable time trying to develop a character who's not very interesting.