The Walking Dead (S5) - First half of season thread

Phoenix

Reaction score
Let the countdown to S5 almost end! :D :dance:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...iere-life-zombie-apocalypse-article-1.1960323

'The Walking Dead' Season 5 premiere: TV Review
Things weren’t looking great for Andrew Lincoln's Rick and the rest of our heroes when TV’s hottest drama wrapped up season four, and it won’t surprise anyone to learn things get a little worse when season five opens on Oct. 12.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Wednesday, October 1, 2014, 10:49 PM
Updated: Thursday, October 2, 2014, 10:33 AM

walking-dead-season-5.jpg
Frank Ockenfels 3/AMC Things weren’t looking great for our heroes when TV’s hottest drama wrapped up season four, and it won’t surprise anyone to learn things get a little worse when season five opens on Oct. 12. Pictured are actor Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes (left) and actor Norman Reedus as Daryl.
It goes way beyond the notion of hell on Earth in the season premiere of “The Walking Dead,” which proves living through a zombie apocalypse is a fate worse than death.

Things weren’t looking great for our heroes when TV’s hottest drama wrapped up season four, and it won’t surprise anyone to learn things get a little worse when season five opens on Oct. 12.

dead2n-2-web.jpg
Greg Nicotero/AMC What may startle many viewers, though, is an almost incidental remark that suggests there could be something after the zombie apocalypse.
Up until now, Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his intrepid colleagues like Maggie Greene (Lauren Cohan), have just been trying to make it through one day at a time.

They’ve had little sense of a long game, because they’ve had no real indication there’s anything over the next hill except more walkers and more treacherous survivors who want the world’s dwindling resources for themselves.

walking-dead-season-5.jpg

Frank Ockenfels 3/AMC This season’s premiere doesn’t raise any expectations that things will suddenly get all normal again. One character does, however, talk with some apparent authority about a possible next stage. Pictured is actres Lauren Cohan as Maggie Greene.

This season’s premiere doesn’t raise any expectations that things will suddenly get all normal again. One character does, however, talk with some apparent authority about a possible next stage.

What that would entail, no one knows. But given what we soon learn about the rulers of Terminus, where our group was imprisoned at the end of last season, the next stage could hardly be worse.

dead2n-1-web.jpg
Marc Hom/GQ Lauren Cohan of 'The Walking Dead' posing for the November 2014 issue of GQ magazine.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right after the season finale played I was amped up about seeing how the box-car thing sorted itself out, but with so many clips out there and from what has been said by the producers/staff, they basically drained any intrigue they had going with that ending sequence.

Needless to say I'm looking forward to the season premiere.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The biggest surprise this season, apparently, is that Maggie got hotter. Didn't see that one coming :laugh:

EST_1986

Reaction score
The shouldn't have changed the F word to screwing in that final scene, it kinda made it cheesy.

EST_1986

Reaction score
If you look it up theres an uncensored scene where he drops the F-bomb and its way stronger than screwing. So hopefully its in the DVD/Netflix packages so people binge watching can get more power in that final sentence of the season finale.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
It was actually written that way in the comics.

True, but two things to consider. The comics only gave the appearance that Abe and Michonne were in earshot and the Rick Grimes in the Comics is just way more brutal at this point, at least in my opinion.

I thought the word change was well done, but I can understand where the people that ready the comics religiously might want the notable phrases to remain intact.

EST_1986

Reaction score
True, but two things to consider. The comics only gave the appearance that Abe and Michonne were in earshot and the Rick Grimes in the Comics is just way more brutal at this point, at least in my opinion.

I thought the word change was well done, but I can understand where the people that ready the comics religiously might want the notable phrases to remain intact.

I don't read the comics at all but I just know for dramatics that the f-word is way more powerful. Go look up the uncensored ending, its a lot less cheesy.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I saw the final episode on DVD so I saw where they didn't change the wording on the DVD version. I think it works better for the moment they're in than the way that it went on TV but I certainly understand why they had to change it for TV.

That said I'm really looking forward to this season. It should be good.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I saw the final episode on DVD so I saw where they didn't change the wording on the DVD version. I think it works better for the moment they're in than the way that it went on TV but I certainly understand why they had to change it for TV.

That said I'm really looking forward to this season. It should be good.

It's always good lol. I am ready for the season, I don't watch previews to anything but I just keep hearing its going to be gruesome.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I just don't see Rick Grimes as the type to throw out the F-Bomb, especially in front of his son.

Ummm, he ripped out a guys throat and gutted a guy in front of his son...not sure a F-bomb would be an issue...lol

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Ummm, he ripped out a guys throat and gutted a guy in front of his son...not sure a F-bomb would be an issue...lol

I think not dying takes precedence in certain situations. Dropping the f-bomb isn't going save them.

Phoenix

Reaction score
FYI, I noticed there are a few "The Walking Dead Extras" available for VOD, at least on my DirecTV... there's a Season 5 Preview (3 mins) and a "Where last season left off" kind of thing (4 mins)

Also, in case anyone needs / wants to watch last season episodes AMC seems to be spamming them all right now...