The Walking Dead-Season 9, Episodes 1-8

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe "necessary evil" would be a more apt description?

Yeah, that too!

The Whisperers are going to do some dastardly deeds to members of the communities and having a legit badass like Negan do the same to them would add some interest to the show. Seeing Michonne or Daryl or Carol wreak vengeance on them… Been there done that.

But Negan doing it... Well in pro-wrestling many times the biggest pops are when the resident bad guy does a face turn and starts beating up other bad guys.

And I think it's going to go over big here IF that's how it plays out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, that too!

The Whisperers are going to do some dastardly deeds to members of the communities and having a legit badass like Negan do the same to them would add some interest to the show. Seeing Michonne or Daryl or Carol wreak vengeance on them… Been there done that.

But Negan doing it... Well in pro-wrestling many times the biggest pops are when the resident bad guy does a face turn and starts beating up other bad guys.

And I think it's going to go over big here IF that's how it plays out.

It would be cool to actually cheer for Negan and Lucille while they go to "work".

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Best episode in a couple of seasons for me.

The whole thing with the whisperers is fresh and hopefully breeds life into a show that has gotten a bit stale.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
SPOILERS - i suppose i should say. :)

ok, not sure who left the jail door unlocked, but someone appears to have let negan go. the priest talked from the outside and never touched the door. so the question is, who set negan free?

eugene sat in that "pit" for a full day at least and didn't have to "relieve" himself? :) i take it rosita put the hay and stuff on top of him and he simply never let himself out. i also don't know what happened in that 6 year gap that made the villages so "tense" when they visit each other. michonne and company having to lay down weapons was pretty odd considering they're all supposed to be friends.

jesus is dead. well it would appear so anyway but they never really said. i believe they covered it on talking dead so if someone can confirm that would be cool. i know he got a knife up the back and they discovered the whisperers now so that should setup feb. pretty nicely.

so far digging the new direction but they have gaps in here that don't make a lot of sense such as the animosity between communities; or at least hilltop and alexandria.

Yeah, Jesus is dead - stabbed through the back and into his heart where he died almost instantly. Too bad. He was good dude and freelancer kinda like Darryl, though not so angry.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Whatever they do to further the Negan character is fine with me. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a scene-stealing ******* and chews up the scenery.
i can easily see me watching him be the "top dog" even if a bad guy for awhile. when you have YOUR bad guy fighting the whisperers then you have bad vs. bad and you get to feel good rooting for the "bad guy".

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Supposedly the "X" on Michonne & Daryl will be explained in the back-half of season 9... Along with why Alexandria is not cooperating with the other groups.