The Walmart across from the new stadium...

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
I live about a mile away from the new stadium in Arlington.... I see it every time I go to get groceries at the Walmart directly across from it....

I hate seeing this generic Walmart parked directly in front of this world-class venue!! It's not even a very nice Walmart!! Actually, it's one of the more "ghetto" Walmarts I've seen...

I shutter at the thought of seeing an overhead shot of this stadium... Lets just hope that they dont name it Walmart Stadium.....

It's so close, you could probably get your snacks there at halftime....

Also, how is Walmart going to keep everybody from filling their massive parking lot every other Sunday? It beats paying $20 to park a mile away....

I hate the Walmart being there!!! :banghead: It just seems so generic and tacky!

Am I the only person bothered by this???

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I agree.

I parked there while I wandered around taking pictures today!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
cowboyuptx;2141985 said:
I live about a mile away from the new stadium in Arlington.... I see it every time I go to get groceries at the Walmart directly across from it....

I hate seeing this generic Walmart parked directly in front of this world-class venue!! It's not even a very nice Walmart!! Actually, it's one of the more "ghetto" Walmarts I've seen...

I shutter at the thought of seeing an overhead shot of this stadium... Lets just hope that they dont name it Walmart Stadium.....

It's so close, you could probably get your snacks there at halftime....

Also, how is Walmart going to keep everybody from filling their massive parking lot every other Sunday? It beats paying $20 to park a mile away....

I hate the Walmart being there!!! :banghead: It just seems so generic and tacky!

Am I the only person bothered by this???

Jerry will just buy it and tear it down...or turn it into a "White House", iffn you know wat I mean...

:eek::

CalCBFan

Reaction score
I like Wal-Mart. They will probably either give the current one a face-lift or build a Super Store nearby when the new stadium gets going.

Remember, Wal-Mart was operational (out of tents and temporary structures) in ALabama, Mississippi and parts of Louisiana within hours of the passage of Katrina through the area. FEMA was waaaay behind.

If you ever have a disaster in your area, I'll bet Wal-Mart will be helping out long before anyone else is, especailly the Government...

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
5Stars;2141992 said:
Jerry will just buy it and tear it down...or turn it into a "White House", iffn you know wat I mean...

:eek::

:laugh2: now that is funny and I know what you mean!:starspin

FanSince61

Thanks for the memories Dandy
Reaction score
There are much worst looking buildings in the area than Wal Mart. The area along Collins with the old Days Inn and Tommy Tech. Then the sleazy motels and the old Eastern Star retirement home along Division St.

FanSince61

Thanks for the memories Dandy
Reaction score
CalCBFan;2141998 said:
I like Wal-Mart. They will probably either give the current one a face-lift or build a Super Store nearby when the new stadium gets going.

I doubt it. It's a super store that is about 2 years old and is red brick like the Rangers ballpark.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
FanSince61;2142012 said:
There are much worst looking buildings in the area than Wal Mart. The area along Collins with the old Days Inn and Tommy Tech. Then the sleazy motels and the old Eastern Star retirement home along Division St.

But, see...all those place will eventually become renovated at some point in time because of all the money that will come into the economy in that area.

It will just take time before the area and land around that stadium will appreciate in value and all those awful looking buildings or places will be upgraded to reflect the surroundings.

It's basic micro-economics.

Torn_ACL

Reaction score
That Walmart bothers me as well. It's a total eyesore when compared with the stadium. Knock it down.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Torn_ACL;2142043 said:
That Walmart bothers me as well. It's a total eyesore when compared with the stadium. Knock it down.

I'm sure WalMart will just give up and allow it for the sake of the Cowboys. ;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Walmart is actually going to be very convenient for tailgating fans. Run out of beer? Go to Walmart. Need more meat for the pit? Go to Walmart. And then because it's so close, you just KNOW it's going to have a gang of Cowboys stuff.

Plus they're allowing the Cowboys to use part of their space for parking.

Like others have said, there are worse places surrounding the stadium than the Walmart.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Walmart is great.

If you like to buy products made in China.

Come on folks. Buy American.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I personally like the Wal-Mart being there. As long as it has meat and beer then I see no reason to get rid of it (like if they would be willing to). Walk across and restock without having to drive somewhere. Sounds good.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
abersonc;2142061 said:
Walmart is great.

If you like to buy products made in China.

Come on folks. Buy American.

:clap: :clap2: :worthy2:

Not to highjack this thread but I made my neighbor see red the other day.

He was complaining about this and that (as usual) when he started talking about the economy, the government, the Dow, and everything else. I asked "Why are you complaining, don't you have two Hondas in your driveway??" The look on his face was priceless. :D

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
bbgun;2141991 said:
Something tells me you'd look great in a blue vest.

They have done away with the vests, haha.

That wal-mart is going to make loads of money if it sticks around.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Torn_ACL;2142043 said:

Or fix it up to match the stadium. The first Billion dollar walmart ever.

CowboysFan73

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Wally World and the other surrounding business won't stay in their current shape too long after the stadium is complete...