The Walmart across from the new stadium...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
CowboysFan73;2142214 said:
I have a feeling that Wally World and the other surrounding business won't stay in their current shape too long after the stadium is complete...

As another poster pointed out, the wal mart is brand new and built with the style of the ballpark which is about 500 yards down the road.

The walmart isnt going anywhere, I just think it stinks that it is right there, really tacky.

Now the small row of shops at the top of collins might be in trouble, I mean unless condom sense sees an increase in business after the cowboys move in!!!!!

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
i can already see the other fans making fun of the new stadium and calling it, the walmart stadium.

reddyuta

Reaction score
FanSince61;2142012 said:
There are much worst looking buildings in the area than Wal Mart. The area along Collins with the old Days Inn and Tommy Tech. Then the sleazy motels and the old Eastern Star retirement home along Division St.

seriously-they need to spruce up the place along collins ,division to make it into a good entertainment district.I am surprised arlington hasn't done any major renovation over there.I went back to the arlington last week (batting practice) and its pretty much the same.

AlcoholicNinja

Wasted but Deadly
Reaction score
5Stars;2141992 said:
Jerry will just buy it and tear it down...or turn it into a "White House", iffn you know wat I mean...

:eek::

More like Walmart might buy the Cowboys :eek: That's one outfit that has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more money than Jerry.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2142186 said:
I wouldn't lose any sleep over that one.

LOL, Walmart StadiuM? HA that is so white-trashy

Jerry might as well grow a mullet and name the team the Dallas Quarters cuz we are some rednecks!

yeahyeah

Reaction score
theebs;2142259 said:
As another poster pointed out, the wal mart is brand new and built with the style of the ballpark which is about 500 yards down the road.

The walmart isnt going anywhere, I just think it stinks that it is right there, really tacky.

Now the small row of shops at the top of collins might be in trouble, I mean unless condom sense sees an increase in business after the cowboys move in!!!!!

:laugh2:

alby

Reaction score
5Stars;2142020 said:
But, see...all those place will eventually become renovated at some point in time because of all the money that will come into the economy in that area.

It will just take time before the area and land around that stadium will appreciate in value and all those awful looking buildings or places will be upgraded to reflect the surroundings.

It's basic micro-economics.
They thought that 40 years ago when Texas Stadium was being built as well ;)

Have you seen the area around the stadium in Irving? yikes.
And it's been like that for as long as I can remember.

---

Anyways, taken off the official stadium website:

Parking
There will be plenty of parking at the new venue. It is estimated that between parking owned or under control of the Dallas Cowboys as well as the entrepreneurial lots in and around the stadium area, that there will be 30,000 parking spaces available to fans on game day.