The way I see it

ghst187

Reaction score
proline said:
Why was Lawson moved to DE? Maybe he stunk at LB? He didn't start at LB (although State plays a 2 deep rotation everywhere on defense), but he just might not have the instincts to play LB.

I don't remember the situation as to why Lawson was moved or if he was just rotating in at some LB...I do remember that he SHUT UVA TE Miller down in coverage one game. Coverage is probably the hardest part of the learning when you're talking about moving a DE to LB. Apparently, Lawson has some ability in coverage, which is why I'd give him a leg up on Wimbley in the ability to make the transition to LB in the pros.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I don't remember the situation as to why Lawson was moved or if he was just rotating in at some LB...I do remember that he SHUT UVA TE Miller down in coverage one game. Coverage is probably the hardest part of the learning when you're talking about moving a DE to LB. Apparently, Lawson has some ability in coverage, which is why I'd give him a leg up on Wimbley in the ability to make the transition to LB in the pros.

FWIW, Rob Pettiti ended Dwight Freeney's consecutive games with a sack streak in college.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
AJ Nicholson from FSU is another linebacker who may have ties to Parcells through his father. I'm too lazy to look up the dates to see if they correspond, but I believe I remember hearing that his father was drafted by the Giants in the early '80s.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
MiStar said:
What's the knock on Johnathon Scott? He's got the best feet of any lineman outside of D-brickshaw, and he dominated in college. What's not to like?

How much he lifts...

burmafrd

Reaction score
Scott has the label of underacheiver- a very physically gifted player who has never had to work all that hard at it and therfore hasn't.

ghst187

Reaction score
Vintage said:
FWIW, Rob Pettiti ended Dwight Freeney's consecutive games with a sack streak in college.

yeah i get your point that just because he did it in college doesn't mean a guy can do it in the NFL.
My point was merely that he's done it before, unlike Wimbley. It shouldn't be a foreign language to Lawson.

Tristan

Reaction score
I disagree in regard to Winstons athletiscm, being a former TE athletiscm and quickness are his strong suits. Since most players that have suffered a knee injury usualy rerurn to full strength the second year after the injury, he could be a huge steal. If he turns that corner, he could very well be a top ten talent. If we trade down he could be the pick that gives you true first round value at a position of need, while also netting us another day one pick. I think he will be the anchor of someones O Line for the next decade. The comment about moving him to guard is way off base IMO.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:
That would be a great post, but it was really long, and I wasnt able to finish it, didnt want to make my self go blind..........apparently I'm smarter than the first guy that replied, good thing he cant see what I'm typing. lol j/k

I did read the entire post.

At the very bottom, the summaries of Winston and Whitworth are identical.

This caused me to go blind.