The what if game

dre1614

Reaction score
This isnt a Tony thread, but more of a Defense thread.

If we had made that field goal, it would have been 23-21 with about a minute left right?

who was confident our D would stop them, and if we couldn't who felt Josh Brown would have missed the field goal?

i know the woulda coulda shoulda, but just thought if you were confident in our D?

goshan

Reaction score
I thought there was a 60-70% chance they come back with a FG.
I don't know why everyone (including Media) is calling it the 'Game Winning FG'.
Now they didn't have any TOs but they had over a minute.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
dre1614;1297980 said:
This isnt a Tony thread, but more of a Defense thread.

If we had made that field goal, it would have been 23-21 with about a minute left right?

who was confident our D would stop them, and if we couldn't who felt Josh Brown would have missed the field goal?

i know the woulda coulda shoulda, but just thought if you were confident in our D?

I felt we needed to score a TD there and when the spot was reversed, I had a bad gut feeling.

To answer your question, No, I did not have a lot of faith in the D to keep them out of FG range. At least if we lost that way, I could stomach it. The way we lost is still making me sick today, I cant even watch the freaking games today without having flashbacks.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
I honestly would NOT (edit sorry) have felt very, very uncomfortable if the Hawks got the ball w. a minute left with Josh Brown.

Reaction score
With the way kickers kick against us, ESPECIALLY Josh Brown....

Our D would have had to keep them to a 60+ yarder for me to feel confident. With the way our D was playing, there was no way that was going to happen.

But I guess anything could have happened...Oh well...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
CowboysNumeroUno;1298013 said:
With the way kickers kick against us, ESPECIALLY Josh Brown....

Our D would have had to keep them to a 60+ yarder for me to feel confident. With the way our D was playing, there was no way that was going to happen.

But I guess anything could have happened...Oh well...

That also comes back to why we were so conservative on 1st and 2nd down. I know Parcells was wanting to burn clock and force the Hawks into using their timeouts, but it would have been better to try and score a TD there, even if you risk an incomplete.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I totally agree with this thread, .. I was very nervous that Seattle would have gotten into FG position against our pass defense.

They would not have needed to get much further than the 38-40 yard line to get a shot. And everyone makes those long ones against us.