The whine feast around here reminds me after Micah was drafted

kskboys

Reaction score
Setting aside the fact that by creating this post you are whining, what logical reason does anyone have to put faith in the Jones boys and their jobs-for-life program?

The truth is there is no logical reason to believe in them, that they're suddenly going to outsmart the NFL after a quarter century of tripping over themselves.

But tell us, oh wise superfan, why we should exhibit the faith you do in these two clowns. Enlighten us. I'll wait, as I have been for several years. :rolleyes:
Not sure myself, but it obviously has something to do w/ horses!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
To be fair, I do remember a few that were questioning the pick, but I think it was very few. I think most saw him as a very good player. I don't think we realised just how good he was though.
I did, I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, more should try reading scouting reports instead of listening to the Dumbots on TV. The experts were beyond excited about his potential. He was compared to Brian Urlacher.

Extreme speed.
Extreme agility.
Very good instincts.
Excellent bend.
Freaky good balance.
Extreme explosiveness.
Long arms and strong active hands.
Thick build(points to less likelihood of being injury prone).
Excellent tackler.

That's from his predraft scouting report.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Honestly, more should try reading scouting reports instead of listening to the Dumbots on TV. The experts were beyond excited about his potential. He was compared to Brian Urlacher.

Extreme speed.
Extreme agility.
Very good instincts.
Excellent bend.
Freaky good balance.
Extreme explosiveness.
Excellent tackler.

Yes, and I liked what I saw. I'm just saying that I remember some people on here were either against it or not fond.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Not from me; I was plenty excited for Parsons.

Hot take: the next couple weeks will be like Christmas morning. We are going to sign a bunch of guys now that the market has settled.

When have we ever went into the draft with both this many needs and cap to spare?

Let's just hope it's not Christmas morning, and we are getting multiple packs of underwear.

Same here, I wanted Parsons from the very beginning and was totally happy to get him. Then the season started and things got even better!
Parsons was genuinely a great pick by the Cowboys! :clap:

Wangchung83

Reaction score
who's whining I'm celebrating the baby dak who will never have enough players around him to carry him because he lacks the skills to make a team better.
I guess jimmy johnson was whining when he said dak wasn't carrying crap.
keep on high-fiving every move, jerry loves fans like you. Every time you cry about some fan not being on board, jerry hears a cash register ring. good job.
Facts

CWR

Reaction score
Same here, I wanted Parsons from the very beginning and was totally happy to get him. Then the season started and things got even better!
Parsons was genuinely a great pick by the Cowboys! :clap:

I had it all lined up to get his jersey. Then I punked out at the last minute and went with CD.

Big_D

Reaction score

Extreme speed.
Extreme agility.
Very good instincts.
Excellent bend.
Freaky good balance.
Extreme explosiveness.
Excellent tackler.

His scouting report was stellar. I don’t know how anyone can be against the Parsons pick after watching the LB corp before he got here?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
This
And looking back at the draft thread, by far MOST of us were happy.

fwiw, the OP is right about the current whine-fest. It's unreal. I'm sure it's out of years of frustration, but its almost comical

The original post was so wrong... There was literally almost no one sad that we ended up with Parsons.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The original post was so wrong... There was literally almost no one sad that we ended up with Parsons.
The example I used for the whining was wrong. I have already stated that.

BUT, the intent of the thread was to bring up all the non stop whining for every move, or non move, we make, and every other team, makes or does not make. Complaining about something specific and have a logical reason why is one thing, but just whining to whine constantly about everything is by definition childish! The trolls around here love it. You know who you are!

Because I don’t like the whining about everything DOES NOT mean I support “the Jones boys”. The “Jones boys” stuck with their stepson, Carrot Top, way to long. I’m willing to give this new coaching staff, FA and the draft, before I start complaining about every decision the team makes, or does not make. Notice, I said complaining. When I complain, I’ll have a reason why I’m complaining, I won’t just whine with no logical reason.

kskboys

Reaction score
His scouting report was stellar. I don’t know how anyone can be against the Parsons pick after watching the LB corp before he got here?
It made zero sense to be against the pick. I think some talking head on TV was straining to find negative points about him, and people took that to heart. Parsons was a generational super prospect, and should've gone top 5. The mock draft I remember had him going 4 to ATL. I really did ROFLMAO when CAR and DEN both took Corners!!!!!!!!!!!!! We should really thank both teams for saving us from ourselves. A player like Parsons just doesn't come around often, and he dropped to 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a pile of numbbrain teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
The example I used for the whining was wrong. I have already stated that.

BUT, the intent of the thread was to bring up all the non stop whining for every move, or non move, we make, and every other team, makes or does not make. Complaining about something specific and have a logical reason why is one thing, but just whining to whine constantly about everything is by definition childish! The trolls around here love it. You know who you are!

Because I don’t like the whining about everything DOES NOT mean I support “the Jones boys”. The “Jones boys” stuck with their stepson, Carrot Top, way to long. I’m willing to give this new coaching staff, FA and the draft, before I start complaining about every decision the team makes, or does not make. Notice, I said complaining. When I complain, I’ll have a reason why I’m complaining, I won’t just whine with no logical reason.
Problem is, you're whining about maybe a dozen numbnuts who are much much better ignored. No one pays attention to Pappy aside from entertainment purposes. You might be better off expending your energy on the guys on here who are awesomely knowledgeable and simply know their poop. The screamers are best off ignored. Constantly engaging w/ them and starting threads complaining about them is what gives them credence and keeps them going.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The fact that every fan isn't complaining is more mind-boggling to me.

Dallas is supposed to be a premier franchise, they have all the financial resources they need, yet it has been 26 years of failure after failure.

Other teams with franchise QBs are in win-now mode while Dallas has done nothing to address the offenive line or upgrade the defense.

kskboys

Reaction score

Dallas is supposed to be a premier franchise, they have all the financial resources they need, yet it has been 26 years of failure after failure.

Other teams with franchise QBs are in win-now mode while Dallas has done nothing to address the offenive line or upgrade the defense.
Jerry's method of addressing the D is gettin' us some more CB's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It made zero sense to be against the pick. I think some talking head on TV was straining to find negative points about him, and people took that to heart. Parsons was a generational super prospect, and should've gone top 5. The mock draft I remember had him going 4 to ATL. I really did ROFLMAO when CAR and DEN both took Corners!!!!!!!!!!!!! We should really thank both teams for saving us from ourselves. A player like Parsons just doesn't come around often, and he dropped to 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a pile of numbbrain teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From the mock drafts, I remember looking at, we had a really good chance of getting 1 of the top 2 CB’s. I wanted one of the CB’s thinking they could immediately start, and upgrade the position. I also wondered if Parson’s really loved football, since he sat out due to Covid. I was a little disappointed we drafted Parsons, but I was willing to wait and see him play before complaining. We got super lucky getting him! I was wrong about his love for the game. I love his intensity! I didn’t realize how dominant he would be at rushing the QB(I don’t think anyone did). Great and lucky pick!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score

I wish the O line had been addressed already and, I was ticked off we did not, out bid Minnesota for Ladarius Smith to upgrade our D. We still have time to improve these areas of the team though.