The whine feast around here reminds me after Micah was drafted

Proof

Reaction score
They diffidently were after one of the corners but they had good reason to believe NY was after a WR and Bears needed a QB that’s basic stuff. It may have been plan B but it was a plan

giants signed galloday and john ross to go with slayton and shepard. they were linked to micah or OL help at their spot. you’re painting a narrative that just isn’t as black and white as you make it seem.

Proof

Reaction score
Mishandling of the entire roster? Isn’t that a little dramatic.

The front office built a pretty strong roster last year. We still have weeks of FA and the draft to improve the roster.

when we would have liked to see additions to the core, they’re hemorrhaging talent. i’m not saying that they can’t field a competent team but there’s no way to spin losing gregory, amari, lael, connor and to a lesser extent cedric as anything other than troublesome, and there’s only so many fingers to plug each hole

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They diffidently were after one of the corners but they had good reason to believe NY was after a WR and Bears needed a QB that’s basic stuff. It may have been plan B but it was a plan
Not sure if they plan that well because they risked losing Parsons trading with PHL and NYG was still in that 10 spot.

I think it was a risk once the CB's were off the board that they were willing to take because they weren't really sold on Parsons and Booger had already made his stupid comment about players that opted out.

And the general buzz before the draft was higher about Horn and Surtain than Parsons because he didn't play. I think if he plays, he's the first D player off the board.

I do not compare Parsons to Lawrence Taylor or Derrick Thomas except I think he was as much of a surprise to the Cowboys as those two were to the Giants and Chiefs. Belichick said that watching LT made him modify his defense and Parsons did the same for Quinn.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Seems to me we been getting this kind of thread for the last 26 years.......:facepalm: No shot at the OP though.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
giants signed galloday and john ross to go with slayton and shepard. they were linked to micah or OL help at their spot. you’re painting a narrative that just isn’t as black and white as you make it seem.
I think i am but we can have different opinion and carry on

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Not sure if they plan that well because they risked losing Parsons trading with PHL and NYG was still in that 10 spot.

I think it was a risk once the CB's were off the board that they were willing to take because they weren't really sold on Parsons and Booger had already made his stupid comment about players that opted out.

And the general buzz before the draft was higher about Horn and Surtain than Parsons because he didn't play. I think if he plays, he's the first D player off the board.

I do not compare Parsons to Lawrence Taylor or Derrick Thomas except I think he was as much of a surprise to the Cowboys as those two were to the Giants and Chiefs. Belichick said that watching LT made him modify his defense and Parsons did the same for Quinn.
I agree we didn’t know parsons was all that

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The whine feast around here reminds me of this site, after Micah was drafted.

How did that turn out?

Most of you will continue to whine and cry about every move, or non move, EVERY team in the league makes. I would suggest let Free Agency and the draft play out before whining about EVERYTHING.

The Rams were building their team throughout the season. Maybe we will take a page from the Rams. Not saying that, but am saying, the constant whining is for children.

If this means we're destined to draft another future HOFer in the first round (yes, I said it) then I'm all ears! I'll whine like a baby if it helps us get another stud!

Jfconrow

Reaction score
It was an awesome pick, but a lot of fans on this site wanted one of the top CB’s. They whined about is too!

I think Micah is a natural pass rusher. I wish they would put him at DE and draft a MLB early, or sign Wagner.
Either way but Parsons is awesome. I think he would be a great OLb and prob get 100 sacks but I like his instincts I’m the middle. I would build in front of him.

blueblood70

Reaction score

How did that turn out?

Most of you will continue to whine and cry about every move, or non move, EVERY team in the league makes. I would suggest let Free Agency and the draft play out before whining about EVERYTHING.

The Rams were building their team throughout the season. Maybe we will take a page from the Rams. Not saying that, but am saying, the constant whining is for children.
its 24-7mand most of the time fans are wrong..go look at my draft day response was pumped over MP..

eromeopolk

Reaction score

How did that turn out?

Not true, I consistently posted that he was the best player and defensive talent in the draft that could immediately make and impact.

This is 1996-2002, 2004, 2009-13, 2015, 17, 19, 20 all over again.

Only Jordan Davis can make this go away. Not another CeeDee Lamb WR no.1 like the Detroit Lions did that ended up 0-16.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

How did that turn out?

Please remind me, which Championship Cap did we wear after the season ?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think after all is said and done....this is probably the real problem. I get it...you can't win championships every year. You might not even make the playoffs...every year. I think the NFL designed it that way. Patriots are about as close as you can get to any modern day dynasty and look at them now.

So we do a lot of insulting, insinuating, assuming, arguing....we look to be an internet tough smart guy like the dude I just quoted...I bet he feels so satisfied with THAT zinger!

We do all that and the fact is our team never truly wins. Even 1 or 2 playoff games every couple years would be grand. I think folks would be happier and more agreeable...I really do. Homers that have to defend their position, and haters that have to defend theirs, would be more in the middle.

The longer this drought goes on, the worse it will get. Yes...if CAN get worse.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

How did that turn out?

Cowboys fans remain the dumbest in the nfl. Cowboys have done everything right this offseason with a slight hiccup on Gregory. Which may turn out to be a blessing. Big questions are still de and OL. Plenty of time to address both.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
NFC East Champions.

Not good enough, but willing to give this new staff, FA and the draft, before I start crying crocodile tears about every move they make, or don’t make.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think after all is said and done....this is probably the real problem. I get it...you can't win championships every year. You might not even make the playoffs...every year. I think the NFL designed it that way. Patriots are about as close as you can get to any modern day dynasty and look at them now.

So we do a lot of insulting, insinuating, assuming, arguing....we look to be an internet tough smart guy like the dude I just quoted...I bet he feels so satisfied with THAT zinger!

We do all that and the fact is our team never truly wins. Even 1 or 2 playoff games every couple years would be grand. I think folks would be happier and more agreeable...I really do. Homers that have to defend their position, and haters that have to defend theirs, would be more in the middle.

The longer this drought goes on, the worse it will get. Yes...if CAN get worse.
A mature opinion. Thanks.