The whine feast around here reminds me after Micah was drafted

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Is this the way you communicate with people you disagree with? Wow.

I was like many Dallas fans, I wanted one of the top 2 CB’s, but I did not whine about the pick on this forum. I waited to see how Micah would play. If he could really rush the passer. He can. I now love the pick now.
Hind sight is always 20/20.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I was referring to LC not Connor Williams, but either way.

I agree with your take in any event. I expect us to starting bringing in some players, and many of them we will like, at least to an extent. We aren't going into the draft with 30 million to burn and a bunch of holes on the roster.
Would love to hear your prospects list.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The whining is from the same 15 ***holes that live to complain. Just think of what their family has to put up with.
and what should we name that group of 15, the mighty 15....
actually their families may have to put up with a lot, demanding excellence can get excessive, and after all, as Cowboys fandom and gluttony seem to be so synonymous for the past 3 decades about the only thing interesting in Cowboys Nation is what everyone's personal opinion is.
Thats why I enjoy this forum, we can pretty much get away with calling someone stupid every once in awhile, I still seek the true definition of exactly what qualifies one self as a "troll".
Im sure Im probably viewed as a troll by some, maybe more than I even know,,,lol
How many times havent even the most loyal supporters gone through spurts of slam the Jones moments.
We are all trolls to an extent and dont even realize it...:D

Last edited:

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Those where the good old days. When I want to get a good laugh, I pull up old YouTube videos of local Cowboys media pooping on pick of Parsons. Some of the mediots did not think Parsons would start over LVE and Jaylon.:facepalm: Good times……:omg:

Did Parsons win the playoff game vs the 49ers?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
and what should we name that group of 15, the mighty 15....
actually their families may have to put up with a lot, demanding excellence can get excessive, and after all, as Cowboys fandom and gluttony seem to be so synonymous for the past 3 decades about the only thing interesting in Cowboys Nation is what everyone's personal opinion is.
Thats why I enjoy this forum, we can pretty much get away with calling someone stupid every once in awhile, I still seek the true definition of exactly what qualifies one self as a "troll".
Im sure Im probably viewed as a troll by some, maybe more than I even know,,,lol
How many times havent even the most loyal supporters gone through spurts of slam the Jones moments.
We are all trolls to an extent and dont even realize it...:D
Demanding excellence from our team? What’s that mean exactly? How does one demand it?

When the demands aren’t met there must be consequences. What are they? I guess internet outrage…

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thread was based on all the whining, so early in FA about EVERYTHING, with plenty of time to improve the team. Using Micah’s pick was a bad example to use, for the whining though.

One false premise based on another false premise.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hated the Taco pick from day one. Didn't, and still don't get it.

That line forms behind me my friend. I was at a fantastic draft party, having an awesome time, enjoying great food, drinks, and company. All the while watching my guy TJ Watt falling right into our laps. We’d be set for a pass rusher for a decade!

Then the ship of fools take Taco and ruin my night AND the next decade!
:banghead:

ShortRound

Reaction score
That line forms behind me my friend. I was at a fantastic draft party, having an awesome time, enjoying great food, drinks, and company. All the while watching my guy TJ Watt falling right into our laps. We’d be set for a pass rusher for a decade!

Then the ship of fools take Taco and ruin my night AND the next decade!
:banghead:

The Taco and Mo Claiborne picks just drive me crazy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Taco and Mo Claiborne picks just drive me crazy.

Huge blunders that set the franchise back for years. And they didn’t just miss out with the players they took, they missed out on Hall of Fame talents in the process.

Those bad decisions had rippling effects which impacted other decisions and salary cap circumstances in a major way.

We’re still feeling the impact.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Folks act like Rams didn't draft most of the studs that ball out for them lol.
Sometimes it only takes a couple of FA starters to put you over the top. FA starters definitely helped the Rams win the Super Bowl last year.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I was excited about getting Parsons because Shannon Sharpe was raving about him. Say what you will about Sharpe but he has some evaluation skills. He said that Parsons was going to be special.

The real truth about the great ones is that they will show you immediately why they are going to be great. Parson's quickness, football I.Q., and physicality became apparent Day #1 in training camp per "Hard Knocks".

All that Parsons needs to do from a leadership standpoint is exactly what he did. That's the definition of leadership, you are the guy in front of everybody else. You are the only one not looking at the back of someone else's head. How could they not follow him? To get where they want to go as individual players and as a team they have no choice but to follow behind the guy that can get there the quickest.

Leaders are said to be inspirational, charismatic and innovative. However, those are the descriptions given to them only after they have led their team to success. Prior to that, they are not as popular. In fact, they are often resented. Why? Because a true leader forces you to give more than you were previously willing to give. How does he do this?

Think of an Olympic race. The last place guy always continues to run his hardest even after the winner has crossed the line. Why? Because if he doesn't, then that leader will create a gap so wide in their performances that people no longer wonder if the last place guy will ever win a race. Instead, they begin to wonder if that guy even deserved to be in the race.

Notice, a leader doesn't have to say or do anything else different than doing what he does. That alone,pushes his teammates to get better.

Never underestimate the front offices way of destroying players by using them in the wrong position. Happens all the time with this franchise.

Sadly....I think it's gonna happen with Parsons. We have seen how great he is rushing the QB.....but I bet money they plan on using him at MLBer....wasting his talent getting after the QB.

stinkface

Reaction score
I thought it was a marginal pick at the time as did my son. We both wanted a corner and thought we should have moved up to get one. Micah didn't play two years ago and having only one year of production as a freshman seemed to make him a risk pick at the time to both of us. We were not alone. Lots of folks felt the same way. Appears we were really wrong, but lets see how he does this year. On paper thus far our team is worse then it was, but lets see what the draft brings.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I don’t love whining, I’m just frustrated with the team having opportunities to improve and not taking them. All this cap space….and our roster is basically worse. They don’t need to be the Rams, but damn, it’s ok to make a move here or there. Could have picked a quality rusher and had decent cap space to spare, go into draft with less need, golden opportunity with all the cap space they made.
I agree. We definitely need to spend some of our CAP money, prior to the draft, to improve some of our weaknesses( left guard ).

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I thought it was a marginal pick at the time as did my son. We both wanted a corner and thought we should have moved up to get one. Micah didn't play two years ago and having only one year of production as a freshman seemed to make him a risk pick at the time to both of us. We were not alone. Lots of folks felt the same way. Appears we were really wrong, but lets see how he does this year. On paper thus far our team is worse then it was, but lets see what the draft brings.
I also was not a huge fan of the pick. I was wrong. If Parsons stays healthy he will continue to be a game changer.

I was hoping for 1 of the top CB’s.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys had laid out big bucks for a player, let's say Miller, there would be just as much complaining.

The complaining wasn't as much about picking Parsons as much as their pet cat didn't get picked. It's the same with FA's.

What I don't get is why waste complaining now? Might get worn out before the real season starts when the real complaining could begin. Or not, we have no idea yet how this team is going to perform.

However, this site is for complaining, commiserating and comingling so to your pleasures good madams and sirs. Damn, I sound like gimmetheball, the bland bloke is getting to me.