The world is laughing at us

Hadenough

Reaction score
I don't think so. Dropping a snap in the cold wet environment vs a complete bone headed waste of a play that would 100% end the game in a loss is at-least to me is a completely different thing. Romo at-least picked it up and gave an effort to score on the broken play. Dak ran the clock out on purpose because he knows as does Moore and McCarthy that Dak can't hit the sideline being defended or take a shot downfield to win.
Dak running down the middle with 14 sec left was the dumbest play I have ever seen in all the years of watching the NFL.

Hadenough

Reaction score
This loss was so embarrassing from top to bottom.

Played undisciplined
Got owned by our own stadium
Whined like babies about the refs
Acted classless post game

Hell even the equipment guy spelled Vander Esch’s name wrong on his jersey.

For the first time in my life, I’m questioning whether I want to be a fan anymore. It’s just a clown show with no end in sight so long as Jerry is involved and prioritizing celebrity over substance.
Yep! I'm slowly distancing myself from being a fan but it's hard when you've been a fan for 40+ years. After Denver raped Dak this year I threw out all my Cowboys shirts and a couple jerseys. Only thing left is my coffee cup and that's hitting the trash after the SB.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak running down the middle with 14 sec left was the dumbest play I have ever seen in all the years of watching the NFL.

……and it was multiplied by not going down at the 30 instead of the 25 and not looking to make sure the referee was given the ball directly before lining up behind center

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All they had to do was follow my sig.
They got it 1/2 right.
Now Quinn will be gone

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Actually, no. Because as time passes, the same moment becomes worse and worse. Six, seven years after that last Superbowl win you're still like "okay you can't win 'em all". And even 15 years after it was like "come on guys, it's about time to get another one". But this is just devastating. A quarter of a century has passed and we weren't even close. And this year they had such a nice group of players together one could think it would be at least the NFCCGe.

I mean I've been saying for months now ever since the KC game that I don't trust our numbers and that beating up bad teams won't help you in the playoffs. I called them and the Dak lovers out for that crap on the field. And so many people answered with "12-5“ lol. But even I thought they had understood, what it takes to beat SF now. Till the last minute before kick off I thought "they'll prove everybody including me wrong". And now this. Again.

I'm not making fun of the homers, in the end that's what every fan should be a little. But the Cowboys just kick their own fans in the nuts every year and the pain gets worse and worse even though it's the same kick and we all should see it coming.

Lucy is the Cowboys and we are Charlie Brown.

giphy.gif

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
We can change the name to the "Dallas Jokers"! Jokers are the "Wild Card" lol....

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yep! I'm slowly distancing myself from being a fan but it's hard when you've been a fan for 40+ years. After Denver raped Dak this year I threw out all my Cowboys shirts and a couple jerseys. Only thing left is my coffee cup and that's hitting the trash after the SB.

Right. I’m not even sure if it’s possible to stop being a fan. It’s kind of like an addiction.

But there’s not really a lot I like about this team, and those things haven’t changed in 30 years.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Actually, no. Because as time passes, the same moment becomes worse and worse. Six, seven years after that last Superbowl win you're still like "okay you can't win 'em all". And even 15 years after it was like "come on guys, it's about time to get another one". But this is just devastating. A quarter of a century has passed and we weren't even close. And this year they had such a nice group of players together one could think it would be at least the NFCCGe.

I mean I've been saying for months now ever since the KC game that I don't trust our numbers and that beating up bad teams won't help you in the playoffs. I called them and the Dak lovers out for that crap on the field. And so many people answered with "12-5“ lol. But even I thought they had understood, what it takes to beat SF now. Till the last minute before kick off I thought "they'll prove everybody including me wrong". And now this. Again.

I'm not making fun of the homers, in the end that's what every fan should be a little. But the Cowboys just kick their own fans in the nuts every year and the pain gets worse and worse even though it's the same kick and we all should see it coming.

The team was imperfect this year, up and down, up and down. 6-6 outside the NFCE. You had a bad start to the game, clawed back and didn’t quite make it.

Going 13-3 with 13(?) pro bowlers, then the returning team just missed out on the playoffs the next year on a complete collapse in the final game of the season… 44-6. That’s way worse.

Or even worse, that 13-3 team losing to a 10-6 wildcard team at home, that ends up winning the Super Bowl from your division! The team you swept that season! Dallas has more to do with NYG winning the SB in 2007 than NE does IMO. NE was too high on their perfect season, it got to them. There was no reason Easy Eli should have gotten past you guys.

And my personal favorite, going 8-8 in 3 consecutive seasons, losing the division on the final game in all 3 years, AND losing it to each different divisional rival in successive years. That’s statistically impossible. You were handing out division championships at the start of the 2010’s.

You went 12-6, had a fun regular season for the fans, fixed a lot of the problems of previous years, the playoff game just didn’t go how you wanted. From the outside looking in, this season wasn’t even close to as embarrassing as those.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The team was imperfect this year, up and down, up and down. 6-6 outside the NFCE. You had a bad start to the game, clawed back and didn’t quite make it.

Going 13-3 with 13(?) pro bowlers, then the returning team just missed out on the playoffs the next year on a complete collapse in the final game of the season… 44-6. That’s way worse.

Or even worse, that 13-3 team losing to a 10-6 wildcard team at home, that ends up winning the Super Bowl from your division! The team you swept that season! Dallas has more to do with NYG winning the SB in 2007 than NE does IMO. NE was too high on their perfect season, it got to them. There was no reason Easy Eli should have gotten past you guys.

And my personal favorite, going 8-8 in 3 consecutive seasons, losing the division on the final game in all 3 years, AND losing it to each different divisional rival in successive years. That’s statistically impossible. You were handing out division championships at the start of the 2010’s.

You went 12-6, had a fun regular season for the fans, fixed a lot of the problems of previous years, the playoff game just didn’t go how you wanted. From the outside looking in, this season wasn’t even close to as embarrassing as those.

Interesting perspective

I think, in general, the length of time since we last accomplished anything impressive is getting to people, especially when it appears to be a culture problem that’s tied to the owner.

Myself included.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This might be the lowest point in Cowboys history. Even when we were going down hill...and coaching changes...this???? It just feels like we are the dumbest team ever assembled...and there is no quick fix. Talk radio...can't stop laughing. You would think this could be used as motivation going forward...but I don't think it even matters....if your team is just going to continue to be undisciplined...and make stupid decisions...and there is no accountability. McCarthy should be gone as of this moment...yet we are an organization that has no clue as to what way is up...and which way to build a stadium.

It's going to be a long off season....question is what will this franchise do about making people accountable? Something has to be done...you just can't wash...return....repeat....or your going to get the same thing...again.
We're laughing at fans like you.....it's a frikkin game! Get over it....is it really that important to you?

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Ceedee is nice and shiny and is built for the regular season and here to sell jerseys.
you can say what you want but I saw him take hard hit after hard hit in many games and get up and catch another ball. Cd is a very good WR whether you choose to believe it or not.

Hadenough

Reaction score
We've been getting laughed at for 26 years. We should be used to it by now.
And with every year I keep telling myself well maybe they have a little chance. And it always ends the way I knew it was going to end. Just like Anton says in the movie No Country for Old Men. "You know how this is going to end!"

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And with every year I keep telling myself well maybe they have a little chance. And it always ends the way I knew it was going to end. Just like Anton says in the movie No Country for Old Men. "You know how this is going to end!"

Haven't seen that film.