The worst thing about the release of Taco

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by J12B, Sep 19, 2019.

1. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

55,946 Messages
    57,410 Likes Received
    LDE? What or who is keeping him from filling the gaping hole we've had for years at RDE?

jnday, America's Cowboy and 408Cowboy like this.
  2. GhostOfPelluer

GhostOfPelluer Well-Known Member

2,986 Messages
    4,664 Likes Received
    There is definitely a price to pay for being the most powerful brand in professional sports. They get that distinction with relentless marketing - which also tends to reveal quite a bit of info that could be useful kept closer to the vest.

3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

75,959 Messages
    42,665 Likes Received
    So much truth right here.
    And more right here!!!

viman96 and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  4. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

14,901 Messages
    12,642 Likes Received
    It only looks bad for Taco. Team chemistry can easily be destroyed by just 1 diva, i.e. TO, Dez, AB, OBJ, etc.

J12B likes this.
  5. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

10,058 Messages
    5,116 Likes Received
    Jerry loves to talk.

6. stasheroo

55,946 Messages
    57,410 Likes Received
    It's funny how you want to talk about "big boy panties" but apparently lack enough of what goes in them to see people talk about the subject. Quite the contradiction.

Feel free to cover your eyes and ears on a subject that's clearly too tough for you to handle. Just don't expect anyone else to have to do the same.

There's the door....

:thumbup:

America's Cowboy and Beaker42 like this.
  7. Beaker42

Beaker42 Well-Known Member

2,982 Messages
    2,484 Likes Received
    That’s why Marinelli needs to disappear from the scene.

America's Cowboy and stasheroo like this.
  8. stasheroo

55,946 Messages
    57,410 Likes Received
    Better late than never.
    :thumbup:

jnday, Buzzbait and America's Cowboy like this.
  9. 408Cowboy

408Cowboy Well-Known Member

3,575 Messages
    4,408 Likes Received
    You mean to tell me a team that loves position flex was suddenly inflexible?

America's Cowboy likes this.
  10. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

8,208 Messages
    3,120 Likes Received
    Happens a lot in sports. How do you think the Cowboys got Haley? Why did the Stealers trade Brown to the Raiders. Why did the Raiders cut AB? Why did the Stealers release Bell? Why did Ramsey fight with his coach and is now on the trading block? Why did the Dolphins dump Stills? Why did the Giants trade OBJ? These are just off the top of my head. I am sure there are lots more.

J12B likes this.
  11. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

12,396 Messages
    5,809 Likes Received
    My issue, is now...I kinda want tacos. Going to wait until tomorrow and go to a happy hour, but yea, that's where I'm at

America's Cowboy, J12B and stasheroo like this.
  12. TonyS

TonyS Zone Supporter

2,138 Messages
    1,612 Likes Received
    This is a great point and maybe points to the leadership on this team not being real strong, at least on defense. I don't know what goes on with the team, but I wonder how many players tried to reach Taco.

13. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,849 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    You put him at end and have him destroy the tackle off the ball on 3rd down.

He was amazing at it in college and he is amazing at it in the nfl.

14. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

13,766 Messages
    11,004 Likes Received
    The leadership doesn’t seem to be a problem with other DLinemen. I think it’s more of a Taco attitude issue, combined with not enough talent for the team to be willing to deal with it.

Kaiser likes this.
  15. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

4,703 Messages
    4,999 Likes Received
    There are probably a whole lot of man-child players that we never even hear about because the team successfully keeps it behind closed doors. But your evaluation is spot-on.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

10,277 Messages
    18,129 Likes Received
    Its not about position flex, DLaw only plays LDE with a few looks at RDE. But in this defense the DE's have to set the corner and play run defense. DE is an elite pass rusher but he also plays run defense very well, the Dallas front office clearly didn't think Watt could do that (even Demarcus Ware had trouble with the initial switch from 3-4 LB to 4-3 DE).

Dallas rated Watt a better player but they didn't see him playing anywhere but the position DLaw was already in.

17. 408Cowboy

408Cowboy Well-Known Member

3,575 Messages
    4,408 Likes Received
    One inch shorter and 10 pounds heavier than RG according to the wiki. What position does Gregory play?

stasheroo likes this.
  18. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

10,277 Messages
    18,129 Likes Received
    Also our roster has talent at every spot on the OL and DL. There is no more free ride. I used the example of Ereck Flowers yesterday, that was a bigger mistake but the Giants played him for four years because A) he was a top ten pick, and B) his contract was guaranteed, and C) they didn't have anyone else.

OmerV likes this.
  19. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

10,277 Messages
    18,129 Likes Received
    A 420-unfriendly Randy Gregory is a Top Five draft choice, he has more natural strength than players his size and he has freakish athletic ability.

We also haven't seen Gregory hold up in run defense for two years, he has always been a situational player.

Wrong comparison.

20. lostar2009

lostar2009 Well-Known Member

4,149 Messages
    2,173 Likes Received
    You don't hear about stuff like this with the Patriots.

jnday and 408Cowboy like this.