The X-Factor season 2

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Oh yeah btw I watched 5th Harmony's second song again with Demi Lovato and there is no doubt in my mind that they were lip syncing during the chorus!

kristie

Reaction score
pjtoadie;4909595 said:
This show might be rigged for 5th Harmony to win!

Start with round 1 where the contestants got to sing a song from the season. I thought Carlyand Tate did a great job and 5th Harmony was good but the judges acted like it was the greatest performance in history! LA Reid who has been so hard on them all season actually said that "they are the one to beat" :eek: and Demi urged America to vote for them and never said it for Carly or Tate.

On to round 2 where the contestants got to sing a duet with a recording artist. Carly unfortunately had to deal with Leann Rimes and her horrible singing and I think she was drunk or on something. Tate performed with Little Big Town and did a good job. 5th Harmony got to perform a song that they ALREADY did this season with one of the judges!!! Carly and Tate had to learn new songs that they haven't performed before and sing them with people they have never met on short notice, not fair imo!

On to round 3 where the contestants got to sing a new song for the 5 million dollar contract. I thought all of the acts did well but once again the judges were clearly rooting for 5th Harmony! I just about lost it when LA Reid compared 5th Harmony's performance to the Beatles!!!

Now I think 5th Harmony is talented and individually they are great but I really think Simon wants his female One Direction. Think about it for a second, Simon wants to protect his 5 million investment. If they don't win they're "free agents" and can go sign with any label that wants them or release music on their own etc. The winner will be under Simon's thumb and I really think he wants it to be 5th Harmony. I hope I'm wrong and Carly wins but I will not be surprised one bit if they announce 5th Harmony as the winners!

on the first round: yes all three did songs they've done before. here's the difference. fifth harmony changed theirs up a bit so that it didn't sound like the version they did last week!!

2nd round: i think carly's chances of winning were sunk when she sang with leann rimes. it was so bad that i just hit the mute button. tate did a nice job with little big town, whom i've seen in concert. fifth harmony did great with demi. i was very impressed.

3rd round: carly did a nice job on "hallelujah", but my problem with her singing that song is that it's been done so many times on shows like american idol that i personally am sick of it. tate did good like he always does & fifth harmony(no surprise here)did wonderful with "let it be" even though that song was sung just a week ago by terry mcdermott of the voice.

so you won't be surprised by fifth harmony winning, but i will. in fact i'll be screaming like crazy if they win. :D

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
pjtoadie;4909647 said:
Oh yeah btw I watched 5th Harmony's second song again with Demi Lovato and there is no doubt in my mind that they were lip syncing during the chorus!
That whole song sounded like it was recorded in a studio, no way Demi was actually singing.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
pjtoadie;4909781 said:
[youtube]OrAZeI4ARQE?[/youtube]

[youtube]SDh30jpSALk?[/youtube]

I noticed a lot of artist the last few years have sang Leonard cohen's Hallelujah. Someone did it on the Voice in the Blind Audition this year.

kristie

Reaction score
Kangaroo;4910179 said:
I noticed a lot of artist the last few years have sang Leonard cohen's Hallelujah. Someone did it on the Voice in the Blind Audition this year.

they also did the song as a tribute to the Sandy Hook kids.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Spoiler Alert:

Ok I was wrong about the show being rigged for 5th Harmony but man I am glad that I was wrong :)....sorry Kristie ;)

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Ok well my girl Carly didn't win but congrats to Tate....seems like a real good guy! They both will make it far!

kristie

Reaction score
pjtoadie;4910680 said:
Spoiler Alert:

Ok I was wrong about the show being rigged for 5th Harmony but man I am glad that I was wrong :)....sorry Kristie ;)

thanks. i do think however this could be just the beginning for fifth harmony. ;)

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was pulling for Carly but glad Tate won. This was his 'last hurrah' so to say, Carly is very young and has a bright future.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
dexternjack;4910850 said:
I was pulling for Carly but glad Tate won. This was his 'last hurrah' so to say, Carly is very young and has a bright future.

This ^

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
kristie;4912459 said:

I've said it 100 times by now, but they really need to stop doing the typical American Idol esqe "Gimmick" nights like "songs from the divas" "Whitney Houston night' etc. Let the artists perform the style they like, and let America literally watch them grow as artists. If they play their own music, let them sing their own songs. If they don't, let them sing songs they love and and produce it like it's their own song. I'd be much more interested in that than watching the exact same themes on every singing show. It gets old and stale. The X-factor has some really good talent but they feel like "the other, other singing show" b/c its the same concepts as the other two.

kristie

Reaction score
Muhast;4912509 said:
I've said it 100 times by now, but they really need to stop doing the typical American Idol esqe "Gimmick" nights like "songs from the divas" "Whitney Houston night' etc. Let the artists perform the style they like, and let America literally watch them grow as artists. If they play their own music, let them sing their own songs. If they don't, let them sing songs they love and and produce it like it's their own song. I'd be much more interested in that than watching the exact same themes on every singing show. It gets old and stale. The X-factor has some really good talent but they feel like "the other, other singing show" b/c its the same concepts as the other two.

i totally agree. if the x-factor wants to set itself apart from american idol & the voice, they need to do things differently like what you suggested.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
kristie;4912530 said:
i totally agree. if the x-factor wants to set itself apart from american idol & the voice, they need to do things differently like what you suggested.

Muhast;4912509 said:

I agree with the two of you!

kristie

Reaction score
pjtoadie;4923130 said:
As the article stated she was extremely boring and her 1-2 word critiques got really annoying!

also i don't think she was that great of a mentor to carly. i mean, she did a nice job with her, but i think britney could've been better. as a judge, she was outdone by demi lovato IMO. i hope demi stays.