Video: TheHerd: Dak and the Dallas Cowboys have taken a step back

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
How would you correct this situation?

People are complaining about this year's *inevitable* drop in talent like it's some kind of mistaken choice by management.
It wasn't. Last year we had lots and lots of key role players in their contract years on extremely cheap contracts. We simply didn't have the rights to them at those prices this year. So we lost many. And paid more for the ones we kept. We were going to lose talent. That's the way it was.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I’m not arguing I’m trying to teach you. It’s all about coaching it’s all about scheme. You make players great. And if you don’t understand that you don’t understand football. Jimmy Johnson made those players great. I cowboys have always had great talent where’s the ring for the last 30 years.

Oh, I’m saying I disagree completely with your position that great players in the NFL needed great coaching to become great. If you think I don’t understand that you need base levels of coaching competency to field a successful squad, then you are ignoring portions of my argument.

Great players need good coaching to achieve great success in the league. They were going to be great players with Humpty Dumpty coaching, but might never achieve great team success. Good or great coaches need several great players in order to achieve great team results. They cannot mold Troy Aikman out of Cooper Rush (no matter how great the coach), nor will achieve great team results with inadequate base level talent.

I can agree that great coaches can influence the rest of the roster to a better degree than a poor coach can, which can directly impact team results. Getting the most out of players is not making the player, it’s just providing the best environment for player success.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Cowherd is somewhat right! Dak has regressed. Cooper and Gregory aren't going to be a big loss as people think. I've been saying all year something is wrong with Cooper, it's like he doesn't have that eye of the Tiger in him. As it turns out he is a lazy SOB not blocking in that playoffs loss. But this team is in limbo. The QB is actually holding them back. He won't throw the ball!
Those calling Cowherd names when he is just speaking the truth don't like hearing the reality of the situation.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh, I’m saying I disagree completely with your position that great players in the NFL needed great coaching to become great. If you think I don’t understand that you need base levels of coaching competency to field a successful squad, then you are ignoring portions of my argument.

Great players need good coaching to achieve great success in the league. They were going to be great players with Humpty Dumpty coaching, but might never achieve great team success. Good or great coaches need several great players in order to achieve great team results. They cannot mold Troy Aikman out of Cooper Rush (no matter how great the coach), nor will achieve great team results with inadequate base level talent.

I can agree that great coaches can influence the rest of the roster to a better degree than a poor coach can, which can directly impact team results. Getting the most out of players is not making the player, it’s just providing the best environment for player success.
Stop. Just making yourself sound more foolish. I don’t care who the player is. Without great coaching in a scheme they’re useless. If you don’t get this don’t even talk to me

Blitzen

Reaction score
Stop. Just making yourself sound more foolish. I don’t care who the player is. Without great coaching in a scheme they’re useless. If you don’t get this don’t even talk to me

We disagree. It’s okay, you can cry it out and then we can talk again. Talent trumps coaching-which is the reason a 43 year old Brady can swap teams and win a Super Bowl the following year while his former team could not make the playoffs with arguably the finest head coach in league ever.

Truck

Reaction score
Cowherd has always talked crap about the Boys he is a total Rams homer. We still got the draft and trades so I won’t take this series one bit