Video: TheHerd: Dak and the Dallas Cowboys have taken a step back

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Exactly
We haven’t even seen the roster
There is this little event coming up that will have a nice impact on the roster

Yes but relying on rookies to be your big improvement over the season before is just silly.

Dallas is constantly chasing because they never just go for it. They’re locked into mediocrity.

Our draft class last season was phenomenal. 0 to show for it and Free Agency has made us worse.

conner01

Reaction score
Yes but relying on rookies to be your big improvement over the season before is just silly.

Dallas is constantly chasing because they never just go for it. They’re locked into mediocrity.

Our draft class last season was phenomenal. 0 to show for it and Free Agency has made us worse.
Micah did alright
Diggs did his rookie year till injured
It is what it is

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Then BB in New England should not have gone one and done. He needs a great QB and some great players to make it happen. Parcells needed LT and many others. Jimmy Johnson needed the triplets and many others. Sean McVay needed Stafford, Donald, Von Miller, et al. All the coaches need some great players to win the big one. Don’t know why you are even bothering to argue.
I’m not arguing I’m trying to teach you. It’s all about coaching it’s all about scheme. You make players great. And if you don’t understand that you don’t understand football. Jimmy Johnson made those players great. I cowboys have always had great talent where’s the ring for the last 30 years.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gallup likely struggles to stay healthy again this year.
CD will struggle with more coverages focusing on him. Can't just put him in the slot and let him run across the field 1 on 1 anymore.

Maybe they draft an impact guy at WR, call it x factor.

Maybe Moore will have Schultz run up the field a bit more and pollard too. Who knows how they compensate when these receivers struggle

conner01

Reaction score

I get that
But last years teams improvement mainly came on defense and defense was sparked by a rookie
I don’t think this team today is as talented as last years. But we have the draft and there will be FA still out there plus a few cut after the draft
We aren’t likely to be as talented at WR either way but we could certainly improve the oline with the draft

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Objection your honor... speculation. No one has seen this current roster take the field. And no one knows how well we are going to do in this draft.
We've heard this one before. Like what 26 times?

"We believe in this team.....we like our guys".

This is known as an M.O. Right?

I over rule your objection and allow the defendant to continue.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
We've heard this one before. Like what 26 times?

"We believe in this team.....we like our guys".

This is known as an M.O. Right?

I over rule your objection and allow the defendant to continue.
Who died and made you judge, jury, and executioner? lol-jk

Every year is a new year with new opportunities and that's a fact. He who can look at a fact and dismiss it is... delusional. Just because the last 26 years have made you pessimistic doesn't mean we have no chance.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
The Jones Boys 30 year plan is so ingenious that people can't see these moves, in year 27, are essential to its eventual success.

Dallas Cowboys only plan is to do enough to keep people coming to the games and
buying Cowboys apparel. As long as this happens it's okay if Dallas is mediocre.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
As you should be. The team is taking the year off.
Nothing wrong with accepting and cutting most of those underperforming contracts.
Yeh, there's the argument we're not going to be as 'we'll named' as last year but we should still get to the playoffs.
The differences is that now we can build on this roster and incrementally improve as we've all but reset the CAP.

jnday

Reaction score
Not really concerned about it, just concerned about actually addressing the problem. Im not one of these short term only guys.

Its going to take more than one rookie lineman to fix the line anyway. But depending on who they get, I could see it being an improvement over Connor Williams.

And no, Cooper was not the #1. The Oline was the problem, not the pass catchers. Cooper was expendable if you start fixing the line.

They actually smartened up about wasting too much money on skill players. Nice to see them reinvesting into the Defense.
The offensive linemen were not the ones that couldn’t read defenses and spot open WRs to throw to. Cooper and others have said it was a problem, so it’s not like it is a secret. Cooper showed how much impact he could have in the games immediately following the trade that brought him to Dallas. WRs tend to stop putting in as much effort when they realize that the QB is not going to throw them the ball when they are open. I have had doubts about Cooper and I had said that Cooper would be gone this year when Lamb was drafted. I think that was an incentive to draft Lamb. Cooper has been underused and a lot of his problems comes from the QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The offensive linemen were not the ones that couldn’t read defenses and spot open WRs to throw to. Cooper and others have said it was a problem, so it’s not like it is a secret. Cooper showed how much impact he could have in the games immediately following the trade that brought him to Dallas. WRs tend to stop putting in as much effort when they realize that the QB is not going to throw them the ball when they are open. I have had doubts about Cooper and I had said that Cooper would be gone this year when Lamb was drafted. I think that was an incentive to draft Lamb. Cooper has been underused and a lot of his problems comes from the QB.
Was that before or after dak lead the #2 passing offense in football? Or was that while he broke the cowboys all time TD passing record?

poor dak if he could only read defenses:lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

So if the cowboys lost all this talent I take it I won’t hear you blame dak for the teams failures?

Poor guy……..You can’t even keep up with your own BS.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
"Dak & Dallas have step back" - Colin "on-fire" Cowboys sent Amari Cooper to Browns | THE HERD

Manchester arsenic! I was not an Amari fanatic but he was the best of our WRs.
Double blimey: But Cooper was being wasted with a pedestrian laser with target issues. I saw a lot of Amari catches inches from the sidelines. Made me pine for the vertical passing game.
Also, the FO (for now) is saying we like our WR guys. And likely we'll draft in the 5-6 rounds for a WR because our O and D lines have such pressing needs.

Stupid. Stupid, Jerrphen.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Was that before or after dak lead the #2 passing offense in football? Or was that while he broke the cowboys all time TD passing record?

poor dak if he could only read defenses:lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

So if the cowboys lost all this talent I take it I won’t hear you blame dak for the teams failures?

Poor guy……..You can’t even keep up with your own BS.

It is rough going, reading your posts that I swear are written by a 15-year-old.
In Cowboys lore, no one will remember or care who led the No. 2 offence.

No, me prepubescent scalawag, we shall remember the 70s Cowboys championships and their 1990s beat down of all comers.
Wave your sill pompoms all you want for Dak, mouthing the words Dak hasn't won us squat.
But the fact remains, Dak is not championship material unless he's at the XFL having been waived by all CFL suitors.
:laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It is rough going, reading your posts that I swear are written by a 15-year-old.
In Cowboys lore, no one will remember or care who led the No. 2 offence.

No, me prepubescent scalawag, we shall remember the 70s Cowboys championships and their 1990s beat down of all comers.
Wave your sill pompoms all you want for Dak, mouthing the words Dak hasn't won us squat.
But the fact remains, Dak is not championship material unless he's at the XFL having been waived by all CFL suitors.
:laugh:

Ill stick up for any player that does his job as well as Dak does. Let me guess, in your next clown segment you are going to blame Micah Parsons for a lack of team success and the failures of the defense?

Let me know when you have some new material there bud.

triplets_93

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys have taken a step back...

They have stepped back and are now in the Jacuzzi...
With no worries...
By all (bank) accounts... Everything is turning up Roses!!!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm the only one who believes that Dallas is ready to rebuild, ourselves, and move on from Dak.

Our window to win was short, and that window has now closed.

So, it's time to rebuild with a real winner behind center.

I'm so hoping Corral is still there when we pick, or that we snatch Carson Strong.

Everyone seems to believe Dakota has been anointed the starter for next year without competing to earn it.

If we don't draft a QB this year, it's going to be a long time before we're a real contender.

Plus, drafting a QB allows us to trade Dakota.

75boyz

Reaction score
I'm the only one who believes that Dallas is ready to rebuild, ourselves, and move on from Dak.

Our window to win was short, and that window has now closed.

So, it's time to rebuild with a real winner behind center.

I'm so hoping Corral is still there when we pick, or that we snatch Carson Strong.

Everyone seems to believe Dakota has been anointed the starter for next year without competing to earn it.

If we don't draft a QB this year, it's going to be a long time before we're a real contender.

Plus, drafting a QB allows us to trade Dakota.

Hate to be that guy. The bearer of bad news and all but he's got a no trade clause and a humongous cap hit if cut.
Hard to picture Big and Little Jones letting their beloved Rayne go because of those 2 factors unfortunately.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Hate to be that guy. The bearer of bad news and all but he's got a no trade clause and a humongous cap hit if cut.
Hard to picture Big and Little Jones letting their beloved Rayne go because of those 2 factors unfortunately.

That's terrible news.

I'm still clinging to hope, though.

If I'm the GM, cap hit or not, trade or no trade, I'm finding a way to at least manufacture some competition at QB so Dakota starts playing with a sense of urgency rather than a sense of complacency.

In a more ideal situation, a quarterback who can process information faster, wins the starter position.

Dakota stunk it up in that game against the 9ers.

Dak's the king bum beater... There's nothing there that's going to win you the big games.

That's the worst news of all.

75boyz

Reaction score
That's terrible news.

I'm still clinging to hope, though.

If I'm the GM, cap hit or not, trade or no trade, I'm finding a way to at least manufacture some competition at QB so Dakota starts playing with a sense of urgency rather than a sense of complacency.

In a more ideal situation, a quarterback who can process information faster, wins the starter position.

Dakota stunk it up in that game against the 9ers.

Dak's the king bum beater... There's nothing there that's going to win you the big games.

That's the worst news of all.

I can hear off in the distance Metallica's James Hetfield agreeing with you as he sings "Sad But True."