Video: TheHerd: Dak's contract with Dallas is the story that won't go away

ESisback

Reaction score
No, it’s just business. And many fans don’t like the business side of professional sports.
Sure, it’s business, and it’s over saturated with greedy, arrogant aholes with giant egos. I’ll take extremely wealthy nice guy over slightly more wealthy guy with no soul. Right is right, and I’m glad to be on the right side.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sure, it’s business, and it’s over saturated with greedy, arrogant *******s with giant egos. I’ll take extremely wealthy nice guy over slightly more wealthy guy with no soul. Right is right, and I’m glad to be on the right side.
Unfortunately the players are taking a bad rap by some fans. It’s the owners which have created this.

There is no I in Team. Yet the owners have created an atmosphere with Cap that basically forces players to look out solely for their own situation.

And all the players know it. It’s time for all the fans to realize it as well. The only time they are truly a team is when they are on the field. I think it was Couch Coach who stated this so well.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Jones boys have made a mess of this situation for two years now.

Blame Dak's demands all you like but the decision has always been, and still is, in the Cowboys hands. They can end this drama at any minute.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Jones boys have made a mess of this situation for two years now.

Blame Dak's demands all you like but the decision has always been, and still is, in the Cowboys hands. They can end this drama at any minute.

I'm sorry but I blame Jerry for plenty - but I will never blame the guy for not wanting to make a big splash and sign Dak. This is an organization that is player centric and it bends over backward to keep the players happy. This situation exist because of Dak and his agent and the hard line they have taken on the negotiation.

ESisback

Reaction score
Unfortunately the players are taking a bad rap by some fans. It’s the owners which have created this.

There is no I in Team. Yet the owners have created an atmosphere with Cap that basically forces players to look out solely for their own situation.

And all the players know it. It’s time for all the fans to realize it as well. The only time they are truly a team is when they are on the field. I think it was Couch Coach who stated this so well.

While I agree that the wealthy step on the common man to increase their wealth, and regard us with arrogant contempt, today’s athlete is now in that wealthy group too. They’re no longer the common man, they’re entitled. It’s wealthy guy vs. wealthier guy, and the average fan that lives on crumbs isn’t buying their crap anymore. When the stereotypical 5’8” chestpounding cornerback from Alabama with the writing skills of a rural 5th grader pouts and sits out with turf toe because the billionaire paid him ONLY 30 million per year because he can run fast with a ball, it pisses people off. When he holds the team hostage to renegotiate his “BS contract” after 2 years of a five year deal, because he’s being ‘exploited by a rich guy‘, it makes us roll our eyes. Sorry, no sale!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
While I agree that the wealthy step on the common man to increase their wealth, and regard us with arrogant contempt, today’s athlete is now in that wealthy group too. They’re no longer the common man, they’re entitled. It’s wealthy guy vs. wealthier guy, and the average fan that lives on crumbs isn’t buying their crap anymore. When the stereotypical 5’8” chestpounding cornerback from Alabama with the writing skills of a rural 5th grader pouts and sits out with turf toe because the billionaire paid him ONLY 30 million per year because he can run fast with a ball, it pisses people off. When he holds the team hostage to renegotiate his “BS contract” after 2 years of a five year deal, because he’s being ‘exploited by a rich guy‘, it makes us roll our eyes. Sorry, no sale!
I understand but it’s actually a small segment of players making multi millions. About 75-80% of the players make a million or less which I’d hope many of our fans who optimized their careers and education are making 6 figure salaries. I can tell you sitting in the silver section on rare occasion at AT&T I’d say most are.

And it’s time fans look at these players as Athletic Entertainers who play football on national TV. Football is their craft much like comedians , actors and artist develop and perfect their craft.

I think this attitude you refer to speaks more about this segment of fans who improperly identify with these Athletic Entertainers who finished in the top 10% of their athletic classes ( only about 10% of amateur athletes go pro)being afforded an opportunity in the big show.

They may not have literary or basic skills but they have worked extremely hard honing their craft. Probably harder than most of this segment who take issue with them as they didn’t make the most of their abilities and talents probably becoming slackers and underachievers resentful of anyone who made more of their lives than them.

ESisback

Reaction score
I understand but it’s actually a small segment of players making multi millions. About 75-80% of the players make a million or less which I’d hope many of our fans who optimized their careers and education are making 6 figure salaries. I can tell you sitting in the silver section on rare occasion at AT&T I’d say most are.

And it’s time fans look at these players as Athletic Entertainers who play football on national TV. Football is their craft much like comedians , actors and artist develop and perfect their craft.

I think this attitude you refer to speaks more about this segment of fans who improperly identify with these Athletic Entertainers who finished in the top 10% of their athletic classes ( only about 10% of amateur athletes go pro)being afforded an opportunity in the big show.

They may not have literary or basic skills but they have worked extremely hard honing their craft. Probably harder than most of this segment who take issue with them as they didn’t make the most of their abilities and talents probably becoming slackers and underachievers resentful of anyone who made more of their lives than them.
There always have been and always will be underachievers, slackers, jealous losers, etc., etc. I ‘m not debating that. What I’m saying is this—while there certainly ARE a lot of hard workers that deserve their wages, and skilled athletes (like skilled actors and musicians) that SHOULD be well compensated, the vast majority (more than 50%) of NFL make far more than Joe Shmoe, who works his *** off at a job he often hates, laboring in obscurity with no one advocating for HIM on TV every day! When the average person goes home dead tired after a long day of taking crap from an ungrateful and wealthy employer for wages half of the NFL minimum (or much less!), he turns on the TV to see an entitled athlete crying about being exploited.

You can continue to reply with condescending “wisdom”, because having the last word validates your “enlightened” view, but rest assured, your opinion will not affect mine.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There always have been and always will be underachievers, slackers, jealous losers, etc., etc. I ‘m not debating that. What I’m saying is this—while there certainly ARE a lot of hard workers that deserve their wages, and skilled athletes (like skilled actors and musicians) that SHOULD be well compensated, the vast majority (more than 50%) of NFL make far more than Joe Shmoe, who works his *** off at a job he often hates, laboring in obscurity with no one advocating for HIM on TV every day! When the average person goes home dead tired after a long day of taking crap from an ungrateful and wealthy employer for wages half of the NFL minimum (or much less!), he turns on the TV to see an entitled athlete crying about being exploited.

You can continue to reply with condescending “wisdom”, because having the last word validates your “enlightened” view, but rest assured, your opinion will not affect mine.
I’m not trying to effect your opinion. Just trying to provide an alternative perspective thru my eyes.

I see them and their attitudes as more of a problem than a few select Athlete Entertainers who’ve worked extremely hard and dedicated their lives to their craft. Something this other segment failed to do most likely and why they ended up in their dead-end miserable jobs.

They should be angry with their lives and the poor choices they made along the way instead of frustration on others who made better choices optimizing their abilities and opportunities. But the perspective you’ve provided certainly explains much of this hostility from this segment we see in society. Which I view as more of the problem.

Instead this segment of fans should be looking up to these athletes praising them for dedicating their lives making the most of their abilities and talent rising up to make a better lives for themselves and their families fulfilling the American Dream.

ESisback

Reaction score
I’m not trying to effect your opinion. Just trying to provide an alternative perspective thru my eyes.

I see them and their attitudes as more of a problem than a few select Athlete Entertainers who’ve worked extremely hard and dedicated their lives to their craft. Something this other segment failed to do most likely and why they ended up in their dead-end miserable jobs.

They should be angry with their lives and the poor choices they made along the way instead of frustration on others who made better choices optimizing their abilities and opportunities. But the perspective you’ve provided certainly explains much of this hostility from this segment we see in society. Which I view as more of the problem.

Instead this segment of fans should be looking up to these athletes praising them for dedicating their lives making the most of their abilities and talent rising up to make a better lives for themselves and their families fulfilling the American Dream.

That’s just it—there’s too many of these guys that DON’T work as hard. They feel special just because they were born with physical skills.

Also, I realize you don’t mean it, but some might interpret your tone as condescending. There are PLENTY of good, hardworking, honest people that are NOT wealthy, through no fault of their own. They don’t exactly envy these guys, more like resent the attitude.

Last edited: