theogt's training camp photos

Warick

Reaction score
If I go to camp, I'm thinking about renting a 70-200mm f2.8 lens for my Nikon D50. Since you say people were walking in with pro lenses, I may try to rent a 300 f2.8 instead.

Nice pics, btw. Thanks for posting them.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
theogt;2866126 said:
3787127869_0372cb1fa7.jpg

Michelangelo-The-Creation-of-Adam--Detail--51099.jpg

:D

p.s. Marcus Spears is looking absolutely svelte!

DA FAN

Reaction score
theogt;2866430 said:
I guess I'm "that guy" because I don't understand the problem of doing so in a thread title. If you, for example, posted a thread saying "Training Camp Photos" I might just skip over thinking it was just some newspaper's photos and I don't find much interesting about professional photos. But if you posted a thread saying "Superpunk's training camp photos" I'd find it more interesting to see what kind of shots you took and if you had any comments.

These were from last weekend when I did the report earlier. Unfortunately those practices will be all I can attend -- have to pay the bills. :)

Very nice shots Bro.

I am the same way. I like pictures taken by fans more than I do the pros.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Wade looks to be about 8 months pregnant, why was this not news?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nice pics, theogt...keep em coming!

:starspin :starspin

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Warick;2866583 said:
If I go to camp, I'm thinking about renting a 70-200mm f2.8 lens for my Nikon D50. Since you say people were walking in with pro lenses, I may try to rent a 300 f2.8 instead.

Nice pics, btw. Thanks for posting them.

Sold my 70-200 last year and regret it despite the soft spot it had on the upper right 1/9th sector. Now I have no long glass to speak of.

You wouldn't happen to know the going rate for rental on that 300? You getting it at SA Camera Exchange or somewhere else?

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
this one just HAS to be in a "caption this" thread.....

3787127547_3b70fddcef_o.jpg

Warick

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;2867087 said:
Sold my 70-200 last year and regret it despite the soft spot it had on the upper right 1/9th sector. Now I have no long glass to speak of.

You wouldn't happen to know the going rate for rental on that 300? You getting it at SA Camera Exchange or somewhere else?

www.arlingtoncamera.com has the lens rate for the 300 f2.8 at $40 per day. I rented the 70-200 f2.8 a few years back to try at a Dallas Stars hockey game (I was thinking of buying one then), and liked it. I've never tried the 300, though.

Also, Nikon is releasing a newer version of the 70-200 f2.8 with VR II.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0907/0907300370mm200mm.asp

Jay

Reaction score
theogt;2866430 said:
I guess I'm "that guy" because I don't understand the problem of doing so in a thread title. If you, for example, posted a thread saying "Training Camp Photos" I might just skip over thinking it was just some newspaper's photos and I don't find much interesting about professional photos. But if you posted a thread saying "Superpunk's training camp photos" I'd find it more interesting to see what kind of shots you took and if you had any comments.

There is no problem with it, not sure if there's a stick up his back end or what. With your thread title, it is much more clear that it is your own photos, and I agree with the idea that fan photos are just better.

Thanks a ton.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
i wish my camera was as good as yours. no need to post my pics. LOL

great shots.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Warick;2867162 said:
www.arlingtoncamera.com has the lens rate for the 300 f2.8 at $40 per day. I rented the 70-200 f2.8 a few years back to try at a Dallas Stars hockey game (I was thinking of buying one then), and liked it. I've never tried the 300, though.

Also, Nikon is releasing a newer version of the 70-200 f2.8 with VR II.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0907/0907300370mm200mm.asp
Wish I could bring myself to shell out the cash for a lens like that.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2867443 said:
Which one of these guys is the winner from 4th & long? #4?
#4 is Roy Williams. Holley is #16 and I don't think he's pictured. He was always the last person to run a drill.

Side note: It was slightly annoying having everyone cheer for the guy. Crayton, or the like, would come out of the tunnel and not get a peep out of the crowd, but Holley comes out and gets nearly as much cheer as Romo. Ugh...our fans are idiots.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
theogt;2867447 said:
#4 is Roy Williams. Holley is #16 and I don't think he's pictured. He was always the last person to run a drill.

Side note: It was slightly annoying having everyone cheer for the guy. Crayton, or the like, would come out of the tunnel and not get a peep out of the crowd, but Holley comes out and gets nearly as much cheer as Romo. Ugh...our fans are idiots.

DOH.. I should have known that was Roy... LOL @ your observation of the fans reaction. That's pretty sad. (almost as sad as me not knowing # 4 was Roy) :D