News: There’s no doubt something happened behind the scenes with Cooper

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I just wish Jerry would shut up. Take the personal issues behind closed doors.

And NO Ceedee is not an upgrade over Amari. Until proven otherwise.
yes, I think jerry said this as he is maybe hearing negative stuff about trading amari and only getting a 5 for him.

In the past the defense focused more on stopping amari than cd.
Now the defenses will focus on CD as the # 1, so lets see how he does when they focus on him.
I guess jerry thinks that doesnt matter and Cd will be even better now lol.

I also think Amari wanted out of Jerryville. Play on a normal team.
It will be interesting to see how he does in cleveland. And how CD does as the # 1.

Jerry drafted CD, so I think jerry intended him to be # 1 at about this point anyway. Jerry will always favor guys he drafts.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
yes, I think jerry said this as he is maybe hearing negative stuff about trading amari and only getting a 5 for him.

In the past the defense focused more on stopping amari than cd.
Now the defenses will focus on CD as the # 1, so lets see how he does when they focus on him.
I guess jerry thinks that doesnt matter and Cd will be even better now lol.

I also think Amari wanted out of Jerryville. Play on a normal team.
It will be interesting to see how he does in cleveland. And how CD does as the # 1.

Jerry drafted CD, so I think jerry intended him to be # 1 at about this point anyway. Jerry will always favor guys he drafts.

“It’s not like I disliked being in Dallas," Cooper said. "I actually loved being there. I wouldn’t say I just wanted to leave. But you know, at the same time, it’s never personal. It’s just business.”

DandyDon52

Reaction score
“It’s not like I disliked being in Dallas," Cooper said. "I actually loved being there. I wouldn’t say I just wanted to leave. But you know, at the same time, it’s never personal. It’s just business.”
that probably is just his PC statement , meanwhile jerry is saying negative things about him.

gimmesix

Reaction score
that probably is just his PC statement , meanwhile jerry is saying negative things about him.

Other than wanting to believe what we want to believe, I don't know why we can't take him at his word. It's already been pointed out that he complained about being targeted enough, so it seems to me that if he was happy to be out of Dallas, he would say so.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Other than wanting to believe what we want to believe, I don't know why we can't take him at his word. It's already been pointed out that he complained about being targeted enough, so it seems to me that if he was happy to be out of Dallas, he would say so.
Being a humble worker in the Business, I have to say that people with the Light on them are taught over and over to say the right things because saying the right things means you're protecting yourself to make more money and avoid backlash.

It doesn't matter whether you are telling the truth.
What matters is are you telling the truth people want to hear.

visionary

Reaction score
Well... tbh, I don't think you can stand players calling out the QB that's not going to be going anywhere.
It potentially ruins the locker room, or opens it up for more grumbling by players.
Whether they're right, or wrong.

players get frustrated when the QB keeps checking it down even when they run a great route and get open. He got paid but he’s not getting his WR paid

players see it

gimmesix

Reaction score
Being a humble worker in the Business, I have to say that people with the Light on them are taught over and over to say the right things because saying the right things means you're protecting yourself to make more money and avoid backlash.

It doesn't matter whether you are telling the truth.
What matters is are you telling the truth people want to hear.

While this can be true, fans often hear what they want to hear. When a player complains, they believe the complaint. When a player doesn't complain, they believe they aren't being truthful. I prefer not to pick and choose, reading into situations something that might not be true.

There have been plenty of times when Jerry has said what he has meant, because it has proven to be true, and other times he clearly didn't,

Corso

Reaction score
While this can be true, fans often hear what they want to hear. When a player complains, they believe the complaint. When a player doesn't complain, they believe they aren't being truthful. I prefer not to pick and choose, reading into situations something that might not be true.

There have been plenty of times when Jerry has said what he has meant, because it has proven to be true, and other times he clearly didn't,
You are very right.
Good points.

Corso

Reaction score
players get frustrated when the QB keeps checking it down even when they run a great route and get open. He got paid but he’s not getting his WR paid

players see it
Like I said:
Whether they're right, or wrong.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Whatever happened - it didn’t begin last season. Going into last season there was already talk that Dallas wasn’t going to retain Cooper. So whatever it is, it’s been a thing for a while.

Do you think it’s as simple as him not being the player they thought they were trading for?

Corso

Reaction score
Do you think it’s as simple as him not being the player they thought they were trading for?
Now you're fishing.
Not a lot going on tonight?
Gotta admit: not much for me. Wife is at a West Coast Swing practice and I'm having to watch my eternal mummy dog who barely can keep his excrement in anymore and for his hip meltdowns and random urinations.

But... let's circle back to you!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Cooper is not and probably will never be a face of the franchise type. It is just not in his DNA.

If you are getting paid in Dallas, you had better be willing to be that face.

He’s the Andrew Wiggins of WRs. High prospect potential, has decent stats, but otherwise doesn’t have that killer instinct to dominate consistently

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Him missing a game due to a virus didn’t help endear Jerry to him. I just have a feeling his departure is going to come back to bite us.
It was 2 games, the Raider game and the Chiefs game. We ended up almost getting home field advantage but fell 2 games short. Makes you wonder.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Now you're fishing.
Not a lot going on tonight?
Gotta admit: not much for me. Wife is at a West Coast Swing practice and I'm having to watch my eternal mummy dog who barely can keep his excrement in anymore and for his hip meltdowns and random urinations.

But... let's circle back to you!

I can’t imagine they trade the guy for a 5th if he’s living up to expectations

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Amari had some circumstances last year as well; he’s played for 7 years, is only 27, and CeeDee’s best ever year is overtly better than… 2 of Amari’s seasons? The ones where he missed games. To outright say he’s surpassed him has to be about something more than just on the field production.
CeeDee will have a better 2022 than Amari.

Just wait and watch...

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a lack of imagination and that's okay.
By the by, was he living up to expectations?

For a first round pick and 20m$ annually? Hmm. I can’t imagine they expected what he gave them